No rating

Trinity Academy

Private | PK-8

Living in Caldwell

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $450,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Posted June 11, 2014

My experience at trinity academy after 17 years has been a positive one. I had three daughters graduate my youngest just last year. She is in all honors and has been accepted into the AP program. I have received emails and calls from her high school teachers telling me how prepared and responsible she is. I commend TRINITY for this. When all is said and done Trinity students stand out among the rest, they move on to accomplish great things and become responsible members of society. Looking back I am positive Trinity Academy was the foundation that has empowered them to reach for the stars.

Posted June 11, 2014

I am a proud parent of the current 2014 eighth grade graduation class. My daughter has done extremely well here. She scored in the 99 percentile on her COOP entry high school exam. This is a national exam. This has enabled her to achieve a substantial 4 year scholarship for Catholic high school. In addition, her current Terra Nova marks even with the new common core curriculum standards were above the mark. She scored in the 99% in Reading, 99% in Language, 99% Mathematics, 84% Science, and a 97% Social Studies. Yes, these scores are national scores too. She did not receive any outside help. She has been placed in all honor courses for high school. This was all Trinity. Trinity is the complete package. Not only do you have great teachers, but it is the difference in where it matters the most, your child's faith. Religion is important. They become stewards of Christ. They grow as individuals. Their faith is strengthened. The pastors and staff are excellent. We are very proud to call it home. Thanks Trinity!

Posted June 6, 2014

We have been with Trinity since 2009 and we love the family atmosphere, community and attention our children receive from their instructors. Things were a little difficult under the old principal but now - thanks to new principal and changes in administration - things are better then ever. Lots of positive energy! Updated books, updated technology, new relationship with Caldwell University graduate students, new playground being built over this summer... All great stuff! And just this week the school announced we will have a full time Spanish instructor once again. Very happy with that change. We have loved all our teachers from Pre-k up and LOVE the athletic and enrichment programs. We are looking forward to our future at Trinity.

Posted June 6, 2014

I have been a proud member of the Trinity family since the year 2000 and there is a reason for that. My children have not only been Instructed by fine teachers and in turn excelled in their respective high schools but have also been nurtured, cared for and loved by any teacher or administrator that is connected with the school. Trinity is not just a school which focuses on superior academics but also on the formation of the whole child. Our Catholic faith is the center of our home life and I was confident that everything we taught our children was solidified during the time they spent and still spend at Trinity Academy.

Posted February 8, 2014

The teachers are horrible, worst i have ever had in my entire life. There is no diversity. There is like 2 people in the school thatare not white. Unfair, rude staff. The art teacher teaches spanish, the teacher certified for science teaches language arts and reading. Outrage. DONT SEND YOUR KID HEAR. I had to leave (a long with many). The 8th grade graduating class has like 17 kids. Discrase of a school. Unbiased opion. The principal moat likely wrote all the good reveiws. At my new school, i ammso far behind in all my classes, thanks trinity

Posted October 9, 2013

I have been an active parent at Trintiy Academy in Caldwell, NJ for many years. My oldest son is 21 and my youngest is 13. Both boys have had awesome experiences and terrific educations at Trinity. It is a school where the staff members take the time to educate and get to know each of the students. It is very important to our family that our children are in a safe environment that strives for excellence in education. It is very comforting to me as I drop my son off in the morning that he Loves going to school and feels that he plays an important role in his Trinity Academy Family. Congratulations Trinity Academy and Keep up the good work!!

Posted October 8, 2013

I am a proud teacher at Trinity. Like all schools we face challenges and issues, but my student population is what keeps me waking up everyday with a smile on my face, ready to run to work! Having worked in both public school and now in the private sector, I have learned so much from my students, their parents and the amazing family bonds here. Students at Trinity greet everyone with a smile, a kind word. They hold doors and include one another. That is not to say we do not have our share of problems or that our children are perfect, but it speaks to the character of our teachers and our expectations. Practice what you teach and children will follow your lead. Why not 5 stars? Because we are not perfect, but we have a dedicated and loving staff here. I feel awful that some people have had a bad experience, however, many times those people need to look at their own actions and reactions and make sure that they are not the ones that may be being unreasonable. I love the parents here, they are compassionate and always willing to help. We all have experienced bad apples, and apples never fall from the tree. You cannot make all of the people happy all of the time, but we sure do try.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 3, 2012

My children have all attended Trinity Academy. The leadership is poor and the school is run by a few, forceful, parents. The curriculum is stale, the books and syllabus have not been changed for the last 17 years I have had children attend the school. The language program is non-existant and they don't care. The school will utilize Rosetta Stone for grades k-8 this fall. This can not replace the benefit of having a spanish teacher , but Trinity seems to lack the ability to recruit & attract a good teacher. The junior high grades are weak. The leadership claims that the students are smart and go on to scholarships at prep schools. I agree, the students are very smart, but unchallenged and sometimes unprepared for prep High school.

Posted May 11, 2012

My son is in the fifth grade at trinity and he is being taught algebra,

Posted January 30, 2012

My son graduated Trinity Academy in 2003. He was in advanced math and did not touch on algebra until the middle of 8th grade. Thankfully, he was quite bright in math and was able to learn what he needed to know and catch up in high school becomming number 1 in his math graduating class. My daughter left at the end of 6th grade. She also was behind in her math skills and not being the student my son was, had to have a tutor . The primary grades are fine but not middle school years. Now I have a 6 year old and am looking at Trinity for first grade as I am committed to Catholic school education. I am having a hard time deciding if I should homeschool her or have her attend Trinity for grades 1-4, then homeschool. I do not like the public schools and their agenda but am not too thrilled with Trinity after grade 4.

Posted November 6, 2011

im in the 8th grade here. its a really good school! its challenging and there are lots of nice people. sure, there are some bad people, but that is going to be in every school you go to. i say that more people should go here. its really amazing

Posted October 9, 2011

I am also a student at Trinity Acedemy. Currently, I am in the eighth grade there. I have been here since Kindergarten, and it is a wonderful school! Many people in my class say that the school is not that great, but that is only because they do not understand the unity and bond between the students. My school is great with helping people strive to get into whatever high school they want, and in the process, it lets the students bloom into beautiful people who are good friends and great students. Here, we learn about different subjects like English, Spanish, and my favorite, Math, and each teacher helps us to understand the material and can even stay after school with someone who is falling behind. Ignore the negative reviews about Trinity. It is a great school! If you are interested in the school, you should go to an open house and get to know the school. That way, you know more about the school than what you would learn off the internet.

Posted June 13, 2011

The recently completed graduation ceremony of this school was nothing more than a self serving "Dog and Pony" show. Without as much as acknowledging the the acceptances to the high schools for any student unless there was a scholarship. Many students, parents and families left appalled, disappointed and hurt after years of commitment to this school.

Posted November 14, 2010

I am a student in the junior high at Trinity Academy. It is some-what challenging, but other than that, the school has gotten to be very bad over the years. There are not many students, and some of the teachers favor certain students. In gym class, the teacher dislikes everyone besides a few certain people, and is very mean. Also, some students pick on other students. I would recommend not sending a child here. It is terrible.

Posted May 14, 2009

the school was really great to begin with but later on in the years it's gotten to be not so great. A majority of the teachers are great in junior high but there's one who's not a very good teacher. But besides that I think the only real problem are the other students. None of the adults notice how rude they can be to one another. Also, it seems like the boys are more favorited when it comes to sports. They seem to be treated better than the girls are.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 23, 2006

Trinity Academy in Caldwell is an excellent choice, for parents looking for a parochial school in the Caldwell/ Essex Fells area. They have an outstanding administration and very committed educational staff. It is a well run facility.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted April 26, 2004

phenomenal school extremely tight knit academic community students are indicative of the well grounded values that the school espouses

Posted April 4, 2004

A very rare gem. Teachers are there for the children and not the salary. Academically challenged and extra curricular activities are competitive.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Newark

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

235 Bloomfield Avenue