K-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Camden, NJ

Posted June 04, 2014
Leap Academy is a good school , I've learned many things being in leap. I am a student who came from various public school which all had great teachers but Leap always works 10x harder

Posted June 04, 2014
Leap is a great school I'd recommend it to any student from pre -k to 12th grade

Posted June 01, 2014
Honestly, I wish I had listened to my gut prior to my daughter going here. She had had so much misery as a student of LEAP. I really thought that since the school had good test results that meant it was a good school. Any educated parent won't fall for their hype. There is no discipline there and the kids know that the teachers can't manage the class. There are some classes of 25-27 kids all acting up at once. Our child will not be returning next year. What a chop job they do here. Ask what the average SAT score is. You may be surprised! All I know is we as parents deserve a better school for our kids.

Posted May 13, 2014
This school is operating on its past reputation. There is so much bullying in there and the staff and teachers do NOTHING to help the victim. Mostly it is done by girls treating other girls very poorly. Sadly the administration cares very little as long as the y can continue to say college acceptance (most do not even go or finish college).

Posted February 25, 2014
Leap Academy. I run an after school tutoring program and over the years many of the students were from Leap Academy. Our tutors are professional teachers from other school districts and we have found that none of the kids are at grade level. We have Rutger's future scholars in our program and they cannot do simple mathematical problems. They can read, but many do not comprehend. Several of our students were in the high school Honor's Program. The work they were doing was work that suburban kids were doing in 7th and 8th grade. We feel they are teaching to the lowest common denominator. We want the children to be able compete in a technologically advanced society and unfortunately we do not feel that the kids are adequately prepared for college.

Leap Academy University Charter School 4

Posted May 22, 2012
I am a student at LEAP , I have been attending this school since kindergarten. So this is all I know. This school could be disorganized, crazy sometimes, and all other things, but I could honestly say I feel safe here than I would in any other school. The kids are out of contol but that is thier parents fault. You come to school to learn and not play around and do other things. Administration needs to take disipline more seriously and stop sending kids home bc you're 3 mins late to school. So much for education huh? but this school has its bad and good things maybe just like any other school i would assume

Leap Academy University Charter School 2

Posted May 21, 2012
As a former student, I can honestly say that the school is a joke, an ongoing joke accepted by the same gullible audience who always fall for Gloria Santiago's vision of a brighter future for Camden city students--a vision I would give her accolades for but not for the way it's presented. With immodest candor, I will say that the school is terrible! The students are OUT OF CONTROLl, the education is watered down, the parents practically rule the administration, and lastly, the order is broken. I can recall my eight grade year where literally 5/7 of my teachers gradually either quit or were fired, leaving about 60 students without teachers and frankly an education for several months! True story; I'm sure the records WILL prove that. 100% college placement? Some of these students know nothing about the college application process and had the pre-college office "do it for them." Almost everyone ended up in Camden County College, and later droped. LEAP is just more sophisticated on the outside than Camden High, the worst school in the city/state! Teachers would agree; they are just adhering to their professionality. Gloria can keep putting on dog shows but her plan will not get far.

Posted March 28, 2012
LEAP Academy is an excellent school! Schools can not do it a lone - it takes good parenting and wonderful families to educate and prepare a youngster for college and life. The partnership that LEAP provides for students and parents is non parallel - caring and quality teachers as well as very dedicated administrative personnel. You ripe what you sow - LEAP is RIPPING now a days from all the hard work that the Camden community & families have sowed. Every year there are young men and women graduating from College with great degrees who attended LEAP Academy! I am a proud grandmother of two wonderful LEAP students - grades 7th & Kinder.

Posted March 26, 2012
I am a proud LEAP Parent. A city like Camden where the comments and attitudes of those who work here but dont live here and its easy to judge, minimize and belittle our children is appaulling. Leap has changed lives, Leap gives a parent a voice and LEAP is a place where many of us call home. I am greatful to LEAP Academy for the opportunity given to my children not such to attend a great school but a school who will ensure that my child gets into college and make it.

Posted March 26, 2012
I Cannot Believe The Review I have just read submitted by one of our own teachers, I CHALLENGE your comments. LEAP Academy has been a light in a City with so many challenges and it s the stereotypical ignorant mindset and comments posted by a so called LEAP teacher that LEAP students have to continue to fight against. By your comments posted it sounds like you should rethink your job as a teacher, it s easy to blame the children but where is your accountability in becoming part of the solution not another stumbling block. For those of you reading and want to know what LEAP is really about check out the LEAP website where there are a number of stories of LEAP student achievements. Some of the most recent: A student getting into Cornell or the six STEM students placing at the Coriell Science Fair two weeks ago or how about the Student who is receiving a full ride to DePaul University. WOW-I wonder if this sounds like students who can't write or speak proper english. These are just a few of the most recent achievements. If you don t want to be a part of the successes don t stick around to become part of the problem.

Leap Academy University Charter School
549 Cooper Street, Camden, NJ  08102
Last modified Leap Academy University Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leap Academy University Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top