No rating

Winslow Township School No. 2 Elementary School

Public | PK-3 & ungraded | 6 students

Posted July 5, 2007

I've been quite pleased with Winslow School #2 so far. I am concerned with what the future holds for the middle school.

Posted July 2, 2007

I would like to say that this June was my sons last year in school 2, he will be going to school 5 in September. Like every parent I had a problem with one of my sons teacher and school had moved him to another room, but beside that my son had not had a problem with any other teacher. My son did not want the school year to end, he liked all of his teacher because they know that he could do the work that they gave him.I am very happy with that, I like to see a teacher pushing my kid to do better for them and for himself. I would like to say thank you School # 2 for all your happy, smiling teacher.

Posted June 26, 2007

Winslow Township School #2 has been a wonderful experience for myself and my son. He loves the teachers, school nurse and principal. My son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes prior to attending this school and the nurse, principal and teachers were wonderful with him. I can't even begin to tell you what a relief it was to know that he was in good hands. My son loved this school so much that he did not want the school year to end. He will be attending 3rd grade next year (this school is Pre-K through 2nd). This school has done a great job and we will miss all the staff at Winslow #2. Janice McGrath

Posted April 11, 2007

This school, indeed the entire district, has gone downhill. School 2 is overcrowded, the principal is a wonderful person but is outgunned and overwhelmed. Some teachers have been in their field way too long and need to know when to bow out. The taxes in this township are insane, and you get next to nothing for your tax dollars. Parents try to be involved, but many teachers blow them off. Kids are suffering from their own parents' not enforcing discipline at home, and the classrooms are uncontrollable.

Posted January 10, 2006

My son has been going to this School since Flag PM and the teacher are doing alright.School 2004-2005 I just had a problem with one of his teacher,maybe it is just me but if I was him I would like to walk into a room that would make me feel welcome. By being welcome that means that I would like to see some of these teacher smile once and a while.Is Kindergarden that hard to teach? Last week I walk into my sons Resource Room and the teacher did not even make me feel comfortable to be in there to get my son homework. Maybe they need to get some youger teacher in there so show them that kids will listen more if they smile and make the kids feel welcome to come and learn.

Posted March 10, 2005

I love the teachers in this school. The principal greets every child by name when he greets the children every morning.

Posted March 3, 2005

I am very pleased with this school. The teachers and staff are amazing. The principal sincerly cares about the students. There is tons of parent envolvement. My son is only pre k, but am looking forward to his education at this school...

Posted October 21, 2004

a wonderful schooling exprerience, the principal, staff and teachers are exceptional. I could go on and on about this school, my children have now left, and i can't tell you how much we all miss school #2

Grade level

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 66% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

n/a
Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

n/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts literacy and math, and in grades 4 and 8 in science. The NJ ASK is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

Non-migrant86%
Limited English Proficient Current Plus Formern/a
Limited English Proficient Formern/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the New Jersey Department of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 9%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 47%N/A34%

• Dr Robert Riccardi

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

125 First Avenue