PK-4 & Ungraded
Cedar Grove, NJ

Posted June 18, 2014
My two kids currently attend this school and I must say we are very happy overall. The teachers are excellent as is the principal. They are easily accessible and always willing to help.

Posted December 22, 2012
Caring and well-trained teachers. I'm especially impressed with the level of creativity in the area of art and music and the skill and imagination displayed in the subsequent output of the students.

Posted July 15, 2012
My son started going to Southend school and loves all of teachers, they really show interest in each child

South End Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2011
South End's principal, Mr. Cavanagh, a former gym teacher, is a joke. His lack of understanding education and the emotional intelligence of kids is impressive, as is his gramatically incorrect memos that he distributes to parents. I would not recommend this school.

Posted September 20, 2008
My son is a special needs student and all I can tell is that I'm blessed that he could go to South End last year. The teacher, Mrs. Fisbeck was fabulous and the aid, Mrs. Pat is going to live in our hearts forever. The level of dedication of the staff and Mr. Norman are amazing. Unfortunately we moved so my son is going to a different school but I really wished he could stay there fore the five years.

South End Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2004
This school has a healthy curriculum. Most of the teachers do a great job in making learning interesting for the students. The physical demonstrations in and outside the classrooms, prepared by the teachers are great. I hear that this particular school does a masterful job with students with learning disabilities. Everything in this school seems well organized and the school janitorial services are excellent.

Posted September 07, 2004
- a former student

Posted February 25, 2004
This school is a rare gem. The administration, teachers and even the people in the school services are totally focused on the health and well being of the students. It's a nice feeling to know that your child is important. In addition to the excellent scholastic program, this school offers one of the finest after care programs in the county.

South End Elementary School
116 Harper Terr, Cedar Grove, NJ  07009
Last modified South End Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South End Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top