Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son attends this school. I like the principal. She is very friendly and knowledgeable and the teachers are great but I am disappointed with the special services that are offered. My son has a learning disability and I feel they are not doing enough for him. They want to send him out of district instead of offering him what he needs in district. It will cost the school and the tax payers a lot of money to send him out of district. It would be more cost effective to keep him in district and supply him with what he needs. My son is not a behavioral issue at all so it would be so easy for Cedar Grove to hire a resource teacher to give him the extra academic support he needs. Not only would my son benefit from it but so would other children in the district with learning disabilities. And it would save the school money. I am just so frustrated with this town. It almost seems like they don't want to deal with Special Ed. students. They rather spend more money shipping them off to another district or special school. If your child is an average or smart student then this school and town are great but unfortunately they need to improve their special services.

My two kids currently attend this school and I must say we are very happy overall. The teachers are excellent as is the principal. They are easily accessible and always willing to help.

Caring and well-trained teachers. I'm especially impressed with the level of creativity in the area of art and music and the skill and imagination displayed in the subsequent output of the students.

Though I am nor judge or jury, we live in a great town. South End School as well as North End School are great schools...They should both come together and work as One! ....having a better system for children with special needs is one that I am voting fore...Oh and let's work on passing the vote for uniforms....pleaseeeeee

My son started going to Southend school and loves all of teachers, they really show interest in each child

South End's principal, Mr. Cavanagh, a former gym teacher, is a joke. His lack of understanding education and the emotional intelligence of kids is impressive, as is his gramatically incorrect memos that he distributes to parents. I would not recommend this school.

My son is a special needs student and all I can tell is that I'm blessed that he could go to South End last year. The teacher, Mrs. Fisbeck was fabulous and the aid, Mrs. Pat is going to live in our hearts forever. The level of dedication of the staff and Mr. Norman are amazing. Unfortunately we moved so my son is going to a different school but I really wished he could stay there fore the five years.

Last modified South End Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.