Cherry Hill, NJ

Camden Catholic High School 1

Posted April 28, 2015
This school is trying so hard to look like the best of the best but it is horrible to its students. You are only really wanted here if you are a good athlete (like others here have said in these reviews) or have lots of money. Anyone who tells you it's not like that has a privalege like stated above and they do not see or understand what really goes on here because they've never experienced it. Anything other than sports is regarded as unimportant, even though students have different interests and should get the same opportunities and amount of attention. Some Teachers here try to be best friends with the popular kids, making weird student-teacher relationships. They say bullying is not tolerated, but they bully their students and barely anything is done when there is a bullying problem among students. Expect mostly bad teachers with a handful of good ones. You will not be ready for college. This school covers so much up that it's not even funny.

Camden Catholic High School 2

Posted April 20, 2015
Would not recommend sending your kids here. It is so expensive for a below the bar education. They flash the appearance of the school at you so you'll turn a blind eye to all the bad things going on. Really, the education is not good enough for all the money you'll pay. The staff and teachers are clueless except some of the older ones.

Camden Catholic High School 3

Posted March 30, 2015
The teachers pick favorites with the athletes. the teachers are rude to each other and yes I have seen it happen on multiple occasions. If you don't donate all your time to the school they close doors of opportunity and make sure you can't get anywhere. They only pay attention to the outside image and not how they make the students feel. Girls have to wear tights in the summer now because a select few girls can't unravel their skirts but instead of punishing them they punish the whole female population in the school and they only did this because of what random people say when they visit (not parents). They keep traditions alive but those traditions are outdated such as the detentions. They make you write out the handbook...really? Some good things about the school are the students. I feel comfortable around a majority of students. People may see the "Camden" in our name but the camden students are some of our nicest and well mannered students (I am from cherry hill). The diversity of the school is also one of the reasons I came to cchs because I was not looking for a single race dominated school. I like the older teachers in the school, they care about you.

Camden Catholic High School 5

Posted March 10, 2015
Camden Catholic molds the most down to earth kids that come out of South Jersey. In comparison to Eustace, Paul VI, Gloucester Catholic and other schools in the area, kids get the best experience and diversification at Camden Catholic. In my opinion, Camden Catholic is the most balanced private school education you are going to get in South Jersey. They send over 50% of students to schools other than Camden, Gloucester and Burlington County Colleges, which to me is very important. It is a fairly difficult school academic wise, which prepared me for the college workload. One thing I will say is that some of the teachers are mediocre, some with a little too much ego, but these teachers are definitely a small percentage compared to the great teachers I had at CC. As of 2013, when I graduated, I would say that there are some necessary administration changes, but I truly want to see this school thrive again. It made me who I am today. I will make sure my parents send my little brother and sister to CC, because my older brother and I benefitted from CC in so many ways. I'm currently a sophomore in college at Rider U, with a full ride for athletics with a 3.3 GPA.

Camden Catholic High School 3

Posted November 14, 2013
This school really doesn't care about your kids unless they are an athlete. Things have gotten a lot worse here over the past few years (i have multiple children.) They teach your kids to be respectful yet the teachers can do whatever they want and say whatever they want. The school is ridiculously strict on things that aren't even important and they only care about your money. Only a few of the teachers my child currently has gives him extra help, besides that he's on his own. It is not a comfortable place to him yet the school puts up a fake face that it is a "second home" to its students.
2 people found this helpful

Camden Catholic High School 4

Posted April 15, 2013
The best thing you need to do for your child as well as for your finances, is to research these schools way before your child hits 8th grade. Get as much info as possible as well and visit there for not only a tour or shadow day, but try to attend other activities (sporting events,plays,mass,etc) to see how things are. Try to find out if the administration and teachers are motivated and qualified, if enrollment is rising or falling, financial stability of the school and info on their SAT scores/college acceptance rates. CCHS seems to have a solid reputation and appears to be a bargain compared to Bishop Eustace, Paul VI and Holy Cross. The extra busing they now provide in the Burlington Co. area finally gives those parents an added option now over HCHS. Good luck.

Camden Catholic High School 4

Posted July 13, 2009
CCHS is just about the best high school around. Its diversity and always willing to go the extra mile teachers prepare the students for college.

Posted June 30, 2009
Camden Catholic High School is a challenging school academically. Most people don't know that. The teachers encourage the students to succeed academically but also work to educate the whole person. I sent all three of my children to CCHS and all three have become caring, intelligent, adults who know how to give back to their community. What more can you ask for?

Posted August 20, 2007
CCHS is the best school around! The reason why i sent my child here was, the diversity of the students!

Camden Catholic High School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
CCHS has a very aggressive curriculum. My son, is now a Junior for the 2003-04 school year. Beginning as a Freshman, his grades were B+'s and A's, to Straight A's in Sophmore year. Our son has turned around his studies, takes ownership and is proud of his accomplishments. The love and support of these teachers are wonderful. If he needed help, he went in earlier or stayed later. The teachers were there for him and at this school, unlike other schools, it is 'cool' to be smart! We are proud of his accomplishments and very pleased to be apart of the CCHS family. We would not have it any other way. The clubs, the sports all part of his life fit in to make him a strong, well rounded and smart individual.

300 Cuthbert Boulevard, Cherry Hill, NJ  08002
Last modified Camden Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Camden Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top