Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2013
I think A. Russell Knight is a great school. I think most of,the teachers are happy in their jobs and their dedication is apparent. I think the principal is doing a great job. I do not think he is too stiff. The kids like and respect him. He has addressed every concern of mine quickly and fairly. I feel lucky every day that we are part of ARK. Every parent should be an advocate for their child/children, but most importantly you should teach your child how to be respectful, kind and act with a degree of humility. If our children come to school prepared to learn, and treat others how they want to be treated...life would be a breeze for these kids. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions and for the behavior of their children. Basically, check the attitudes at the door. With all that said, the community at ARK is full of really good people and we are glad to be a part of it.

A. Russell Knight Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2013
As a mother of three chidren, I often read the Great Schools ratings, and the parents' comments (in particular) in order to determine if a school might be an appropriate match for my child. As an English teacher, I am dismayed by the criticisms (such as a "stiff Principal" or "parrent") that are so poorly written. Please edit properly, so that your criticism -which may be fair- will be taken more seriously.

Posted March 27, 2013
I had a wonderful schooling here and the greatest teachers there - Mrs. Saunders, Mrs. Teefey, Mr. Smiler, Mr Callahan, Mrs. Reeves and Miss Ruggieri and my art teac her and music teacher - Mr. Strockbine were all wonderful and caring people and the best additions were Hot dog Day and playing with the kickballs and parachutes in gym and the History class of Mrs. Reeves made me want to stay all day and listen to her lovely voice, loved the school and still do!!!

A. Russell Knight Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2013
Unlike the other reviews here I've had great experiences at ARK in the 9 years my children have been going to this school. The teachers are excellent and really did a great job preparing my oldest for Middle School. I believe that neither of my children would be Honor Students without their direction. My only complaint is I feel the Principal is too much like a higher education Administrator than someone for elementary school. The Principal at the Middle School is excellent, but not as stiff as this guy! I hear the teacher's love him because he addresses their needs, but a Principal is supposed to be their for the children and parents and I just don't think he is. I have yet to meet another parent that likes him.

Posted November 17, 2011
It is a wonderful school with hard-working teachers and a great community of parents. Thanks to budget cuts, many special education students who used to be placed out of district are now being kept in the home schools. Don't blame the school because your child is not getting the real help he/she should probably be getting in a different setting.

A. Russell Knight Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2011
I would NOT recommend that any parrent send their special needs child to ARK school or any other school in the Cherry Hill School District.

A. Russell Knight Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2011
Formal correspondence and special education homework assignments are sent home on post-it notes and illegible scribbled in the margins of planners. In my opinion, the Cherry Hill School System, and especially the Russell Knight School, has not adequately addressed the educational need of my child. If at all possible, I would suggest that you send your child elsewhere.

A. Russell Knight Elementary School
140 Old Carriage Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ  08034
Last modified A. Russell Knight Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.