6-8 & Ungraded
Cherry Hill, NJ

Posted December 03, 2013
I'm a parent of an 8th grade student at Carussi. I'm also a Guidance Counselor at another school. My son loves Carussi. He's an average student and the teachers, Guidance Counselor and Administration have been working with him to do well. It's a very good school with a majority of faculty members who really care and help the kids.

Posted October 25, 2013
My daughter started 6th grade in Carusi this year, and although I get the usual complaints about homework, she is doing well. The school staff seems enthusiastic about teaching the children and the principal is personable.

Posted March 26, 2013
I love this school and my daughter has done fantastic here! The Administrative team and Guidance Counselor are caring and helpful. I feel bad for the student who was "bullied", but they obviously never reported it. I find them to be on the ball with stuff. My child wears jeans and t-shirts everyday because she wants to and no one else has ever said two words to her. The teachers will either come in early, stay late or help the students during their lunch break if they need help. My only complaint is at some of the dances the girls wear inappropriate attire. However, I place all the blame on the parents for letting them look like street walkers!

Posted March 22, 2011
i just started at carusi this year in 6th grade and I LOVE IT! oh my gosh the atmosphere is amazing and i have tons of friends. everything is great except for the fact that the teachers scream at me to get away from my friends lockers and go to class, everything is. if you think it is not a good school THERE MUST BE SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD. plus i am on student council. dont mess with me. GO MUSTANGS!

John A Carusi Middle School 1

Posted January 26, 2011
I went to Carusi Middle School for sixth grade. My sixth grade experience was horrible. What I hated the most about Carusi is that the teachers always listen to your conversations during class and give you no privacy when you're trying just to talk to a friend. The students aren't that friendly either. I was one of the students who couldn't really afford cool looking clothes from big brand stores, so I got teased and bullied for wearing the same clothes over and over. I got called poor and other horrible names, the teachers did nothing about this, they just didn't care. If you are a parent reading this, I would not reccomend you send your child to Carusi Middle School.

Posted January 05, 2010
I love Carusi. I am new this year. Everyone welcomed me. My teachers are very nice and do anything they can to help my classmates. What I really like is that we have five different exploratories. They are music, computers, art, communications skill, and first century skills. We take each for two months. I think that was a great idea because we get to do all of them by the end of the school year. Every class is 50 minutes. We could also check our grades online anytime we want. That keeps the parents informed with their child's grade. Go Mustangs!

Posted June 02, 2008
The teachers enthusiastic and caring about the students. There is a sense of family in the atmosphere. Both of my childeren and many of my friends childeren have gone to Carusi. I would recommend this school to anyone.

John A Carusi Middle School 2

Posted May 15, 2007
Not impressed.There is absolutely no discipline in this school. The students can pretty much do,say and wear whatever they want. As far as the 'zero tolerance' when it comes to violence-not true.

John A Carusi Middle School 3

Posted February 22, 2006
Teachers really care about students. A great place.

Posted January 06, 2006
This is my childs first year at this school. She attended Clara Barton from 1-5 grade and it was a Very positive experience. I was anxious for her to move on to middle school. I attended all the school meetings so far, have spoken at length with all the principals and Asst principals. They are absolutely in a class by themselves! They are ALL focused on the kids and they are very active in ALL phases of the entire school. They know many students by first name and the kids respond to their interest, which makes it a very positive environment. I have made it a point to meet all my childs teachers, and it was clear immediately that all of them are first rate. The music dept is highly recommended, as my child plays violin in the orchestra. I HIGHLY recommend this school.

John A Carusi Middle School
315 Roosevelt Dr, Cherry Hill, NJ  08034
Last modified John A Carusi Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John A Carusi Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top