No rating

St. Agnes School (Will close: Spring 2014)

Private | PK-8 | 140 students

Our school is best known for our academic program.

Living in Clark

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $360,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,440.

Posted May 9, 2014

God Bless all the St. Agnes children, parents, teachers and staff. St. Agnes truly was A Wonderful Place to Be....

Posted November 9, 2013

Four years ago I went to St. Agnes School to enroll my children. The minute I walked through the door, I knew this school was special. I loved the building and the teachers and parents were all friendly and welcoming. I knew I wanted my children in this school and loved the family atmosphere but at this time the school was in danger of closing. I took the chance and enrolled my children in the school and my husband and I could not be happier with the decision we made. Our children love their school and are receiving an excellent education while growing in faith. When I drop my children off at school in the morning I know they are safe and in a loving, caring environment. The school has great programs/events such as; Spirit Week, Anti-bullying Week and activities throughout the year that teach the students about helping and supporting people in their community and caring about others. Over the past few years the enrollment in the younger grades has increased and hopefully this will continue. If people looked past the rumors and saw how wonderful and special St. Agnes school truly is the classrooms would be busting at the seams.

Posted September 11, 2013

I'm am looming to send my daughter to this school... But I keep hearing rumors that they will close due to lack of enrollment... Has anyone else heard about this? I really liked the school but am worried they will close .... Thank you

Posted September 5, 2013

I am a St. Agnes alumni and am happy that my daughter is able to get the qulaity of education and strengthening of faith I was able to get there. Wether now or 30+ years ago, St. Agnes is a wonderful place to be. It is a excellent institution for education and religious study. The current class sizes are just right where the teachers can get the kids interested and paying attention and they are able to offer individualized attention to those needing help. The quality of teaching is outstanding as I see my daughter and her classmates flourishing. I have heard similar feedback from parents on teachers in upper grades. Their technology is up to date and implemented into the cirriculum, as are the Arts and Spanish. The pricipal has brought progressive ideas to the school and is a wonderful leader to the students and faculty/staff. She firm, disciplined, but fair & loving and they all like her. She actually knows each and every student by name and greets them daily as they walk into school. What I really like about her is that she is strong in exercising religion & faith within the school in whatever way she can. I just wish more parents would be involved with events offered

Posted September 5, 2013

I currently have 2 children and a nephew enrolled at St. Agnes. I am an alumni as well as my 3 siblings. We are now 2nd generation SAS. There is something you get here that I doubt you can find many other places. It is a feeling of home. It is truly a family, a school family where our kids spend upwards of 30 hours a week. I want them to feel safe, loved, and respected. St, Agnes provides that atmosphere. The academics are great and both my children are excelling, but it is the feeling you get from being there that made our choice an easy one. Although Clark has good schools we chose St, Agnes for those reasons.

Posted September 4, 2013

St. Agnes faculty and staff along with the Home School Association has been proactive on bullying. This will be our second year hosting an Anti-bullying Week in September. The students take a pledge at the end of the week. Our faculty will be taking a different pledge as well which will be displayed with all the staff's signatures. This year there are two different programs coming to our school to educate our students on bullying. The middle school program will specifically be dealing with internet safety especially with bullying. We have a counselor that has been available to aid teachers and students if a conflict arises. The administrator has and will expel students for bullying as well if a conflict will not stop and be resolved. Once again, St. Agnes School has taken a proactive stance against bullying.

Posted September 4, 2013

Saint Agnes School is a warm & friendly environment, where children are encouraged in everything they do. As the Middle School Math teacher, I am responsible for preparing the 6th, 7th, & 8th grades for the rigorous math courses they can expect in High School, whether Catholic or public. To best prepare our students, we have chosen to have all students learn Pre-Algebra in 7th grade, & Algebra 1 in 8th grade. I also administer the First in Math program for the entire school, where students in K-8 are able to practice & play games to improve their math skills. Each class has a fun competition to find out who will be the Player of the Day announced each morning. While all schools have troubles in this era, the staff & administration works hard to protect the children in our care, & immediately take care of any issues that arise. Doors are kept locked, & all visitors must be admitted through a buzzer system. When students misbehave, appropriate action is taken, such as detention or suspension, a conference held, a session with the school counselor, and, even an expulsion for bullying has occurred. As we say, St. Agnes is truly "a wonderful place to be!"

Posted August 18, 2013

This school is an amazing learning facility brought together by amazing teaching and teachers, and most of all our catholic community family! I love how we don't have many students so that we can have more one on one time with are teachers which helps us learn and understand more! I think that my school could improve if we had a few more students but I love the way it is now. It would also be nice if we had a little more money for supplies and to run our annual St. Agnes School Carnival, because we can;t have it anymore because we really don't have enough money. I think my school is amazing. I could use some improvements but I still love it just the way it is. I hope you pick my school for the prize money. This would mean a lot to me and all of the students, faculty, and staff at St. Agnes. Thank you again for taking the time to read my review!

Posted July 10, 2013

Every school has an issue with bullying. It's why the state passed laws requiring public schools to deal with it. While Catholic schools do not have to comply, St Agnes chose to be proactive and have an anti-bullying week with an assembly and special events and activites each day. At the end of the week each students signs an anti-bullying pledge. I feel completely confident in the teachers at the school and in the education my kids are receiving.

Posted December 29, 2011

Well, I love the environment. I truly believe that it gives a wonderful education and that there are some great teachers there, but some people I've met there along the way are changing my opinion. Bullying is one of the issues, but other then that, the school is good.

Posted August 21, 2011

St. Agnes has come a long way. We saved our school from closing and have a phenomenal staff, students and parents all working together to make it the best that it can be, lots of good energy! We're having a Tricky Tray on Oct. 20th at the Gran Centurions in Clark, thanks to the support of our school families, friends and local businesses. Come out and support us and see for yourself what a wonderful group we have at St. Agnes.

Posted August 4, 2011

I adise you not to go to tbis school. Many bullies and most teaxhers have a favorite student which seems a bit unfair. My son's friend has trouble each day at this school. The teachers do not teach manners to the children in good ways.The prinicple's leadership is quite good though.

Posted August 2, 2011

St. Agnes is an excellent school with a kind, caring staff. The kids in general are super smart. The older kids watch out for the younger ones (their little buddies) which I love. There was a very cool production of Grease this past year, which the kids had a lot of fun doing. My son is extremely comfortable at St. Agnes and I wouldn't dream of sending him anywhere else. Everyone has been working harder than ever with fundraising to make St. Agnes the best it can be.

Posted August 2, 2011

I have only been a part of the Saint Agnes School family for the past year. Since I have joined the staff, I have come across so many people, teacher and parents alike, who are willing to help. The teachers stay extra hours to help students in need. The teachers also have started numerous clubs and activities such as the drama club, art, and safety patrol. The drama club last year put on a production of Grease where the principal even played a part. I was so impressed to find out that the sports program is so large at St. Agnes. It is great to see not only the students supporting each other, but the principal and teachers attending some of the games. I like the fact that there is a counselor at school for the children once a week, too. The principal is starting her second year here at St. Agnes. There have been many positive changes throughout last year. I especially enjoyed prayer buddy program between younger and older students. Spirit week was also a fabulous addition in May. The students had a blast as well as the staff. I am proud to be part of the Saint Agnes family!

Posted August 2, 2011

St. Agnes is awesome!!! Construction of the new gym looks great! I feel very secure when I drop my child off in the morning because I trust the staff and know he's in good hands. I also appreciate the good sportsmanship taught by the coaches. Everyone gets to participate regardless of ability, which you don't always see at other schools. St. Agnes rocks!

Posted August 2, 2011

I'm a student and love my school. I do work hard but it's sooo worth it. My test scores are very high. I couldn't do it without the help of my teachers. St. Agnes is a lot of fun. This year we had spirit week. Some of the events included Crazy Hair Day, Ugly Sweater Day and 1950's Day, in honor of the production Grease. We have a great music and drama program! Our school also makes holidays fun. Every year I look forward to the Halloween party, Santa Brunch and Santa Sale. We had a Mardi Gras party, open to the parish. That was a blast! Also, class trips are never disappointing.

Posted August 1, 2011

Very tough school with bullies. I advise.You not to go to this school. Teachers do not believe in extra credit. The principle is good but not the teachers and students.

Posted January 25, 2010

St. Agnes School is an excellent school. They support their students in all areas of well-being. My daughter has been there for eight years and she has received not only a quality education but the structure to be to be a very productive member of society! I am very happy there!

Posted November 27, 2009

Through the years I've come to realize I love the school, but the people inside are ruining it. Dont put your kids here and make them go through what my friends and I have. It's a shame we can't be what we used to be.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 30, 2006

St. Agnes-great school. Teachers are outstanding, curriculum is rigorous and challenging. Subjects include religion, math, science, social studies, literature, language arts, computer, music, art and spanish beginning in Kindergarten. The school offers aftercare, has one of the most extensive sports programs locally available in a parochial school, children's choir, bell choir, and student council. The school has a wonderful warm feeling. Sr.Claire Ouimet is our principal. She knows every student personally and truly cares for every one. We recently expanded the school adding 3 new classrooms, an art/music room, and a state of the art media center in addition to several parish meeting rooms. Our son is a student who is thriving in the middle school. Last summer,as a representative of St. Agnes School, he attended the Junior National Young Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C. We attribute his excellent academic performance and leadership qualities to his experience at St. Agnes School.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 9%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Technology

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Mrs. Heather E. Schnaars
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (732) 381-1745

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• STEM
  • Standards-based

• Arts (all)
  • Foreign languages
  • Music
  • Religious
  • Technology
  • Visual arts
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Drama club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Outside scholarships

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Catholic High Schools