Clark, NJ

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark 2

Posted March 05, 2015
I wish I had given myself more time to research their first school experiences. Here are the pros basing it on 2s and 3s........playgrounds nice, majority of teachers genuinely care, school plans activities, parades, trips. Ok, here are the cons........... School crams as many kids as possible into a classroom which is already divided into 2. Teachers don't interact with kids during Before Care/ drop off. Children must watch TV, or play with table toys. There are high school/college kids working in pm and most do not interact with kids. The lack of security, except for infants room. The number of teachers in 2s class. One alone for first couple hours. Most of the kids needed diaper changes, doesn't seem right. I was lied to and told 5 or 6 in that class...... The school my children attend now the teachers are actually sitting and interacting with the children creating a nurturing environment, what a novel thought!! My children look forward to school now.

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark 3

Posted July 02, 2014
My son went to this school from 9months to 1.5 years old. I wasn't overly impressed with the school. He was upset on most days I left him. There is a small tv in the baby and toddler class. It was on in the mornings and at night with the kids crowded around watching it. When I initially toured the facility they told me it would be on "occasionally". The office staff didn't know about what was going on. I don't send my child to a daycare for them to watch tv while the teachers clean up their toys.

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark 4

Posted June 04, 2014
My daughter has been very happy at Featherbed and enjoys going to school every morning! She started in the 2 year old class and is just finishing the 3 year old program. She really has learned a lot this year, as it is well structured and well-rounded. The school is slowly updating their facilities and the playground has been recently renovated and the kids seem to love it. Also, I love the family atmosphere. The Directors make an effort to know the parents of their children as well as all of their students.

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark 5

Posted April 07, 2011
I love this school but my son loves it more. The teachers are very involved and communicate and work with the parents. The staff is friendly and helpful. The student base is very diverse. My son is in K and can count to 5 in French, writes extremely well, can read, is learning to add and subtract and has learned to draw. My neighbor has her son in the public school and he can't even write his name. My son will be attending summer camp to learn how to swim and will definitely be back for 1st Grade.

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark 3

Posted April 08, 2010
My son attended this school from toddler hood through 1st grade. Teacher quality is okay - it is really a luck of the draw up until 3 year old program. the 4 year old nursery program has outstanding teachers. Kindergarten instruction is good - teachers put in very good effort. Classroom size is small considering the number of students. 1st grade has been great education wise, too few boys in the class (not school's fault), this limited socializing is a drawback. Overall, 4 year, K, and 1st grade are good. younger age programs - check the class out through a personal visit.

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark 5

Posted September 08, 2009
My daughter has been at this school since she was 2 years old and also attends the summer camp there as well. It has been a wonderful experience for her and she enjoys going there everyday. The staff is always so helpful and understanding. Featherbed School/Camp is just GREAT!!!!

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark

Posted February 13, 2009
Hi, My son is going in this school. I am liking it a lot. Before my son was very uncomfortable, but now he's enjoying. Staff is good, co-operative and well disciplined.

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark 2

Posted November 24, 2008
My child attended their toddler program and I had to pull him out because he had a hard time staying there every morning. Each time I dropped my child off I noticed how the teachers were sitting in the same corner together talking about not school related items and let these poor kids cry with their snots up to their knees and don't even think about getting up and go comfort them... I found a much better place for my child in another school where he looks forward to going every morning.

Featherbed Lane School Of Clark
Po Box 918, Clark, NJ  07066
Last modified Featherbed Lane School Of Clark is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
Featherbed Lane School Of Clark Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top