PK-4|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The Featherbed administration welcomes any potential addition to our school to come and visit at any time to see the amazing programs, learning experiences and environment we have to offer... Our school is state certified and monitored regularly and therefore we are mandated to keep appropriate ratios at each age level. Featherbed is not just a business, it is a family, and the owners, certified educators themselves, are present each day to assure all the children are happy, learning and cared for in a way that they would care for their own. View our Facebook page to get a true picture of Featherbed!!!!!!!!
September 18, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Great school and very accommodating to the kids needs/well being. The teachers really care and i love that they have a summer camp as well. Overall well happy my babies are placed in there care.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 18, 2016

As the most recent parent said, the children are crammed into a very small classroom with an accordian curtain seperating them from the other class. At lunch time, they combine the 3's and 4's with close to 60 kids in the two classrooms and not enough staff. The buildings are older and there is zero technology in site. No computers, printers, nothing. Also, the bathroom for the 3's is outside in the hallway, not in the classroom. The one 3 yr. old teacher didn't have a FT aide and was left alone for part of the day too. (Was lied to about that also).

I wish I had given myself more time to research their first school experiences. Here are the pros basing it on 2s and 3s........playgrounds nice, majority of teachers genuinely care, school plans activities, parades, trips. Ok, here are the cons........... School crams as many kids as possible into a classroom which is already divided into 2. Teachers don't interact with kids during Before Care/ drop off. Children must watch TV, or play with table toys. There are high school/college kids working in pm and most do not interact with kids. The lack of security, except for infants room. The number of teachers in 2s class. One alone for first couple hours. Most of the kids needed diaper changes, doesn't seem right. I was lied to and told 5 or 6 in that class...... The school my children attend now the teachers are actually sitting and interacting with the children creating a nurturing environment, what a novel thought!! My children look forward to school now.

My son went to this school from 9months to 1.5 years old. I wasn't overly impressed with the school. He was upset on most days I left him. There is a small tv in the baby and toddler class. It was on in the mornings and at night with the kids crowded around watching it. When I initially toured the facility they told me it would be on "occasionally". The office staff didn't know about what was going on. I don't send my child to a daycare for them to watch tv while the teachers clean up their toys.

My daughter has been very happy at Featherbed and enjoys going to school every morning! She started in the 2 year old class and is just finishing the 3 year old program. She really has learned a lot this year, as it is well structured and well-rounded. The school is slowly updating their facilities and the playground has been recently renovated and the kids seem to love it. Also, I love the family atmosphere. The Directors make an effort to know the parents of their children as well as all of their students.

I love this school but my son loves it more. The teachers are very involved and communicate and work with the parents. The staff is friendly and helpful. The student base is very diverse. My son is in K and can count to 5 in French, writes extremely well, can read, is learning to add and subtract and has learned to draw. My neighbor has her son in the public school and he can't even write his name. My son will be attending summer camp to learn how to swim and will definitely be back for 1st Grade.

My son attended this school from toddler hood through 1st grade. Teacher quality is okay - it is really a luck of the draw up until 3 year old program. the 4 year old nursery program has outstanding teachers. Kindergarten instruction is good - teachers put in very good effort. Classroom size is small considering the number of students. 1st grade has been great education wise, too few boys in the class (not school's fault), this limited socializing is a drawback. Overall, 4 year, K, and 1st grade are good. younger age programs - check the class out through a personal visit.

My daughter has been at this school since she was 2 years old and also attends the summer camp there as well. It has been a wonderful experience for her and she enjoys going there everyday. The staff is always so helpful and understanding. Featherbed School/Camp is just GREAT!!!!

Hi, My son is going in this school. I am liking it a lot. Before my son was very uncomfortable, but now he's enjoying. Staff is good, co-operative and well disciplined.

Last modified Featherbed Lane School Of Clark is a Private school that serves grades PK-4