9-12 & Ungraded
Clayton, NJ

Posted December 13, 2011
I think the Clayton school districts sinks! The teachers have no control over the students. Students that have behavior problems are allowed to be in regular classes where they disturb the learning of the other students. There standardize testing scores are below the state average year in and year out. I can't wait to get my son out of this district.

Clayton High School 5

Posted April 11, 2008

Posted October 18, 2007
- a former student
I graduated from Clayton H.S in 2000. While education was perhaps slightly above average for public schools, they still fall into the trap of teaching students lists of facts, rather than teaching them how to learn on their own. Still, the opportunity for involvement in multiple extracurriculars is a huge plus, and the relatively low student-to-teacher ratio is beneficial, as well.

Posted October 18, 2006
- a former student
I am a former student and graduate of Clayton High School. I have to say that even though CHS has the common High School elements it does have monay postive outlooks and aspects of it. What other school would allow your child/children to particiapte in more then one activity at one time or season. Or even what other school can your child go out for a sports team without having to tryout for it. Everyone gets a fair chance a CHS. The academic part of CHS is as best as the teachers can make it. The teachers need the help of the parents and the community, but it seems that neither parties want to help in anyway possible. CHS is a great edcuation experience, the children & parents need to help make it a great one!

Posted October 13, 2006
I find this school horrible. I go here now. Parents don't send you children to this school!

Clayton High School 3

Posted April 02, 2006

Posted June 05, 2005
- a former student
Clayton High has the same problems any other school has. But, overall I believe the school system is very good. I graduated from Clayton, all 3 of my children graduated from there, and my brother went there. Every one of us had chances to do what we wanted to do in the school. We all had sports, music, clubs, drama, and other activities to help mold our futures. All of this along with some really fine teachers ,who truly cared for us as students, made all of our time in school enjoyable and very educational. Some of the teachers I had in school were still there when my children attended and my children enjoyed their classes as much as I did. Parents, please get involved in your child's education and help them to be prepared for life that much more. Teachers can only do so much.

Clayton High School 3

Posted April 21, 2005
- a former student
I graduated from Clayton High School just last year. I do have to agree that in the Math and Science area I did not feel as prepared for college. But in English and History I felt completely prepared. I enjoyed the low class sizes and one on one attention. As I have read everyone complain about this school, I must say its not all the teachers to be lacking. Yes, CHS does have its problems as every other school would have.(ie , teasing and such) Not much can change that until parents get more involved with their child's life. Yes, Clayton isn't like Washington Township or any of those richer districts but until the people of the town pass a new budget and stop being cheap with their purses then no one has any right to complain about CHS unless they are willing to do something about it.

Posted March 22, 2005

Posted December 02, 2004

Clayton High School
55 Pop Kramer Blvd., Clayton, NJ  08312
Last modified Clayton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clayton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top