K-3 & Ungraded
Cliffwood, NJ

Cliffwood Ave School 1

Posted August 18, 2014
I find the principal rude, uncaring and lazy. This school lacks major communication. School notices are often late and not updated like it suppose to. Parking is Horrible!! I was told that Cliffwood elementary used to be a blue ribbon school. What happened? I'm so not satified with the school but have no other option. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone interested in moving to this area.

Cliffwood Ave School 1

Posted May 31, 2014
This school is the reason I am moving out of the district. I find the principal rude and uncaring. My child has ADHD with a 504 in place yet the teachers do not follow the 504 and the principal has turned a blind eye on numerous occasions. Every service my son is entitled to receive has been a major battle or it has been refused. I have documentation from numerous doctors yet the school still refuses. The services are offered in Ravine Drive and Strathmore but not at Cliffwood. I requested a transfer and it was denied. I would never recommend this school to anyone interested in moving to this area.

Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter is in the autism classroom. She started last year in 1st grade with Ms. Hollie, and did beautifully. She is now in Ms. Susan's class is doing amazingly with her too. The teachers and aides at this school are fabulous. They follow the IEP, they go above and beyond. The speech therapist Amy Ritchie is fantastic. The other speech teacher Allison and the OT Lori are top notch too. I cannot say enough about this program here. The parent/ teacher communication is so important, and her teachers are available all the time. The principal has a full understanding of autism, and it shows. The entire school includes these children. They have peer buddies that come in and work and play with my daughter. The take the kids to the Y to swim twice a month. It's hard to find information about special needs programs before you move into a district. So if you are looking to move here, I highly recommend it. We are so happy with our daughter's education.

Posted April 05, 2013
My daugher is in 3rd grade now, performing fantastic in her math, reading and writing. In particular this school's writer's workshop is great. We are very happy with CliffWood Elementary school, I would recommend this school to any parents.

Posted September 29, 2010
I have lived in Cliffwood all of my life as well as my parents and grandparents. Cliffwood School provided the foundation for our families success. I now have my twins in the school system and my son has some learning disabilities. The teachers, staff and principal has been extremely supportive. I love Cliffwood School.

Posted September 18, 2009
Cliffwood Elementary Schools have dedicated teachers that taking every child's development seriously. They work w/ parents through a variety of programs to partner up and create a great learning enviroment.

Posted September 17, 2009
Cliffwood schools offer a wide variety of programs for all ages. The teachers are very dedicated and committed to every child. It's a wonderful place for children to learn and grown.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and staff are deticated in making school fun as well as offer them an amazing education.

Posted May 06, 2009
My son is making a great progress in this school. He has straight A's in the past three years. The school has a lot of activities and there are pictures, art works all over the place. The teachers and the principle are very friendly. Homework are light, to my standard, but they do keep good record on no-shows. I even got a call from the school, when my son was 1 hour late to school because a doctor's appointment.

Cliffwood Ave School 2

Posted November 11, 2007
if you have a hard to handle child the school turns their back on you even if you asked for help . they tried to say that this is normal . my child has been at the school for 3 years , the first 2 years the teachers and staff were wonderful. this last year I can't wait to move out of this area.

Cliffwood Ave School