Clifton, NJ

Posted June 06, 2013
My wife and I are very impressed by this school. I agree with the positive reviews in that the school has an excellent math and science programs; great discipline; nurturing; and top notch teachers. Parents are very important participants in the school.

Posted June 04, 2013
I am very, very happy with the quality of the school. It offers excellent instruction and teaches the children to be kind, but disciplined. Old fashion school, but in a good way.

Posted December 09, 2012
I am glad I chose Saint Clare. I had considered Lacordaire, but two of my neighbors spoke highly of the school. Good choice. Academics: A Discipline: A

Posted October 20, 2012
I am still pretty new to the school (my daughter started this year). I am very impressed with the math and the Language Arts programs. I came from the public middle school in Clifton. There is no comparison on the educational level.

Posted August 21, 2012
I normally don't post reviews, but I feel that one is in order this time. The math teacher accomplishes incredible things. She has brought up to the school's high level students who came from public school or other private schools. She pushes, and pushes the kids and they all end up scoring very high and being accepted to very good high schools. Many got accepted this year to high-honors programs. I admire her for her dedication.

St Clare Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2012
My kids went here but we decided to pull. For the most part the math was the real issue. No real math teacher or program. Spent additional thousands on tutors over the years. We felt the principle was disengaged and found she didn't or couldn't remember most of the kids/parents names. Office staff has attitude issues and grounds are not well kept. Teaching staff is good with exception to the math program. No sports or clubs for kids. Very sad to see this school go down a few notches.

Posted August 07, 2012
The science teacher is great and all kids love her. The math teacher is a touch cookie and she pushes the kids hard but... hey, she gets the job done.

Posted July 23, 2012
I'd like to share that the math and science programs in this school are superior. While my daughter is entering third grade, I am aware of how well the upper-grade students do in their Terranova tests. Also, they always announce and I hear it from the parents themselves, that many of the graduates are granted academic scholarships and are accepted in the best high schools in the area. In need of improvement, though, is the communication and the principal should be more tactful. A very good school, all in all, so I am recommending it without hesitation.

Posted July 18, 2012
I am actually excited about my second child joining the school. My daughter has been at St. Clare's for over 4 years and she's very happy, and so am I. All her teachers, from Pre-K through second grade have been fantastic and truly caring. Most parents at the school at very happy. Of course, there are always some sour grapes, but that happens everywhere. A nice place to send your child. You will surely get top education and a sound spiritual formation.

St Clare Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2012
The school's best days are gone. St. Clare is losing good teachers since the change in principal and pastor 4 years ago. THE POSITIVES: Math curriculum from grades K - 2 is great. The science program from grades 3 to 8 is phenomenal! The Home and School Association is well run. THE NEGATIVES: Math for grades 3-8 is unorganized and not well taught (half of the kids need tutoring). There is also no emphasis on writing in the middle school. My child is in the middle school and I have not seen any writing samples nor has my child has had to do any book reports. In addition, if you have any issues you need to discuss with the principal, please be prepared to have your issues downplayed or ignored. Really poor administrative staff.

St Clare Elementary School
39 Allwood Road, Clifton, NJ  07014
Last modified St Clare Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Clare Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top