Clifton, NJ

Posted June 07, 2015
Another slain school by rich and greedy Diocese of Paterson. We're having a really hard time to find anther school similar to what we had here. Discipline, great academics, fun activities, caring, kind and loving teachers and staff. It was a small school where teachers got to know every students, their strengths and weaknesses, and adjust accordingly. Should the problem arise, you could immediately talk to a teacher or principal, without long procedure of scheduling an appoinents. You could walk your child directly to a classroom. You could be as involved in school's life as you were capable of. My family is heartbroken.

Posted July 24, 2013
I would have to say that Saint Clare school is one of the best schools I've ever been to. This school has really taught me a lot. I've learn so many new and exciting things in the school. The teachers can be tough, but they really push their student to do the best they can. In this school I started off as a average student but now I am an advanced student, if I do say so myself. This school has the best teachers and the type of activities that are fun and educational. Also, I'd like to add that this school has the best academics for your children. This school does amazing things for your children and trust me you will see it!

Posted June 06, 2013
My wife and I are very impressed by this school. I agree with the positive reviews in that the school has an excellent math and science programs; great discipline; nurturing; and top notch teachers. Parents are very important participants in the school.

Posted June 04, 2013
I am very, very happy with the quality of the school. It offers excellent instruction and teaches the children to be kind, but disciplined. Old fashion school, but in a good way.

Posted December 09, 2012
I am glad I chose Saint Clare. I had considered Lacordaire, but two of my neighbors spoke highly of the school. Good choice. Academics: A Discipline: A

Posted October 20, 2012
I am still pretty new to the school (my daughter started this year). I am very impressed with the math and the Language Arts programs. I came from the public middle school in Clifton. There is no comparison on the educational level.

Posted August 21, 2012
I normally don't post reviews, but I feel that one is in order this time. The math teacher accomplishes incredible things. She has brought up to the school's high level students who came from public school or other private schools. She pushes, and pushes the kids and they all end up scoring very high and being accepted to very good high schools. Many got accepted this year to high-honors programs. I admire her for her dedication.

St Clare Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2012
My kids went here but we decided to pull. For the most part the math was the real issue. No real math teacher or program. Spent additional thousands on tutors over the years. We felt the principle was disengaged and found she didn't or couldn't remember most of the kids/parents names. Office staff has attitude issues and grounds are not well kept. Teaching staff is good with exception to the math program. No sports or clubs for kids. Very sad to see this school go down a few notches.

Posted August 07, 2012
The science teacher is great and all kids love her. The math teacher is a touch cookie and she pushes the kids hard but... hey, she gets the job done.

Posted July 23, 2012
I'd like to share that the math and science programs in this school are superior. While my daughter is entering third grade, I am aware of how well the upper-grade students do in their Terranova tests. Also, they always announce and I hear it from the parents themselves, that many of the graduates are granted academic scholarships and are accepted in the best high schools in the area. In need of improvement, though, is the communication and the principal should be more tactful. A very good school, all in all, so I am recommending it without hesitation.

St Clare Elementary School
39 Allwood Road, Clifton, NJ  07014
Last modified St Clare Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Clare Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top