6-8 & Ungraded
Clifton, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,209

Christopher Columbus Middle School 1

Posted June 09, 2015
School is extremely overcrowded, student body is mainly composed of Hispanics than any other race. Some teachers are extremely nice while others are just terribly harsh to students. Discipline policies are outrageous, statistically speaking CCMS has the more suspensions and Saturday detentions than any other school within Passaic County. Teachers and administrators take their job too seriously when it comes down to discipline and not serious enough when it comes down to education. If you are thinking of sending your child here think about it twice or three times even, not worth it. I placed my child in Private School mid 7th grade and I'm glad I made that change. I think the teachers in that school are not only unprepared to handle the masses but they also need to attend workshops to help them deal with looming teens.

Christopher Columbus Middle School 4

Posted January 08, 2014
My daughter went to this school since the beginning till graduating with honors, so don t be fooled my the grade 2 given, but yet then it was 10 years ago. Things have changed I guess. She never had a problem.

Posted January 24, 2010
I graduated from CCMS last year, and it's really not that bad. I got really close to alot of my teachers, and they were all really caring and nice. If people are having problems with overcrowding in CCMS, I don't reccomend they go to CHS because it's like, a 1,000 times worse. It's a good school, the academics aren't amazing, I did absolutely nothing and still passed with decent grades, but it's a good school with alot of diversity. I liked it, I've had some great memories there.

Posted October 24, 2009
i love this school so much because i think everyone in this school is extremely smart and cool .

Posted May 10, 2009
I am a student attending CCMS. I am a high honors student and work exttremely hard to attain my grades. However, no matter how many people insult the school, it wont matter. the only thing that matters is the student. It all depends on the student whether or not they will become succesfull attending CCMS. If your student strives for high grades, then you could send them anywhere and they will adjust. although if your child easily gives in to peer pressure, than you are better off sending them to a private school or another school. the reson i say this is because some pupils who attend CCMS can be a horrible influence on you child. So, i recomend you, a parent, to think through whether or not you child can deal with some of the wrong-doing students. i say 'some' because of course not all teenagers are angels. (5/10/09)

Posted April 29, 2009
I absolutely love the school. They are very, very friendly. The only thing that might be a negative, or positive, is that the parents can be involved but it is not necessary because the children basically are very independent in the school. Everything there is very nice. They seem very enthusiastic, and they are very together. I love Christopher Columbus Middle School. I would recommend you send your child to this school if you are in the Clifton District Area.

Posted October 07, 2008
This school is very good and i like mrs.Mustaffa mr.White,andmr,laberiola from that school by:kesha patel 8th grade from : christorher columbus middle school.

Posted September 23, 2008
this school teachers u allot but is very crowded. the teachers r nice but it is just way too crowded when i try to go to my locker i get lost by all these people

Posted August 28, 2008
i actually go to C.C.M.S. yes it is not the best school compared to wildrow wilson but this school is nice. most teachers are nice and the after school programs are very fun.'Students are treated very harshlyby teacher and admnistration' Teahcers are nice,most of them, and administration are very nice if students behave properly

Posted July 16, 2008
This school was not prepared to handle kids coming from the elementary schools with leraning disabilities.

350 Piaget Avenue, Clifton, NJ  07011
Last modified Christopher Columbus Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christopher Columbus Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top