Bad
Good

Great school, personal attention to each student. Student need to work hard, lot of homework.

As a current student at the CACS I feel the need to let the world know what they will find upon entering my school. For starters, the students themselves disappoint me. Most of my classmates are better off at CCMS or WWMS, they rarely participate and cause more harm than good. There are bullies and the only way to control them is by suspension. There are only really a handful of students that stand to the reputation of CACS. There really isn't a sense of respect. Plus the lunch sticks. Though, I won't say that I regret attending Classical Academy, it has made me grow stronger. I look up to my teachers and the secretary feels like family. The teachers get to know you and watch you grow. They tell stories about your siblings. CACS gave me opportunities I couldn't have gotten elsewhere. It has its flaws but it's like home. Unless you're a serious learner don't come to CACS we have enough "class clowns " as it is. If you want a fun and strange learning experience then come to us. Oh and watch out for the occasional wild turkey or chipmunk in a classroom. ;)

I just graduated from CACS like 2 months ago. And i transfered their from Christopher Columbus Middle School in the 7th grade. Even though i hated this school going their every day i have to admit that it a lot. The transfer was hard because it was a big difference between these schools at CCMS i didnt do any work but obtained As' and Bs' but at CACS even though i did work my grades were not all As' and Bs' surprisingly i did very well on the NJ ASK and i passed the Algebra one test. Along with this i got Honors classes for Biology and Algebra 2. I know its going to be a lot of work but CACS prepared me for it.For the parents if your child does not like to work and likes to fool around dont send them to CACS because they are gonna have so much trouble and if they dont do their work their grades will be very bad. But if u know your child works hard this is the perfect school to send them to.

Classical Academy has done wonders for my child. He is constantly challenged with class work as well as homework. The level of education is higher than the current grade level. The teachers and the Principal are very professional and very qualified. My son was hungry for challenging education and he got it at Classical Academy. What I've found excititng is teacher comments and remarks on every sentence of his homework or tests, which all public schools lack..."Teacher involvement". I recommend this school to all parents.

In the City of Clifton, Classical Academy has managed to achieve the "Blue Ribbon" award for obtaining an excellent rate in the number of students proficient in the NJASK state assessment tests. Classical Academy does practice regularly and throughout the year to prepare the children for this exam (unlike public school that does not prepare until the spring week of the exams) this hard effort seems to be paying off. Some of the more stimulating classes include Latin, Literature, Algebra, Middle school math, science and English. This school emphasis academics and will help discipline your child for honors courses in High School. This school is a place for serious learners.

Not all students are classical academy material. The "self driven child" is ideal in this school and can easily succeed with the encouragement of teachers, parents and peers. This school molds the students into future leaders. Entrance to this school is based on a lottery system mandated by all state of NJ Charter schools. However I leave it up to the parent to determine whether or not their child has what it takes to accomplish the intense curriculum this excellent school provides. I end my remarks by commenting that in order to achieve the blue ribbon status real school tactics like serious studying...class work...homework...Old fashioned discipline, respect and obedience ...reviewing both at home and in school must be fulfilled. Also a school can be successful without the tremendous cost of per student spending as seen here. The magic is within the individual will of the child, parent and school as a team.

I agree with the previous reviewer. I pulled my child out and sent it to a private school. When you are at Classical, they embed in you that the education level is great. I found out when I moved to St. Clare's that the level at Classical is not what they tell you. My daughter is now receiving TRUE great education and not one just based on getting As on standardized tests.

This used to be a good school but it has gone downhill in the last two years, and that is why I've left. They started to get very troubled students. Academics have taken a dive too. I can't recommend it any longer... Sorry!

Last modified Classical Academy Cs Of Clifto is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.