K-5 & Ungraded

Number 1 Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2007

Number 1 Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2007
My granddaughter attends School 1 in Clifton and I love it ! The teachers seem sincerely interested in the student and in teaching them. I plan on having my other 3 grandchildren attend !

Number 1 Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2006
A Good School. My daughter has attended this school since grade 1 and is currently in grade 3. Teachers work one on one with students as necessary and I have found each of the three teachers she has had to be enthusiastic and engaged in teaching. My daughter enjoys going to school. In first grade at the end of the year they identified slight reading/spelling and math skills issues and placed her with other students for one on one help with these issues. Her scores went up immediately and this year in 3rd grade she is consistently on the honor roll. At first, I was upset as I didn't think there was a problem, but they obviously knew better! The school is very diverse with a low student to teacher ratio. Activities like family fun night focus on math skills. My only complaint is I would like to see a daily gym class.

Number 1 Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2005
School 1 is a mediocre school. It has its issues. The principal and staff are not into diversity at all. (Look at the teachers). They only concentrate on Christmas and forget about the other religions and celebrations, but they only say they do with no action! This is proof b/c my children come home with ONLY christmas items and NOTHING else every year! Education: I don't feel my children have improved in their education. Homework is not sufficient, especially in the upper grades.

Number 1 Elementary School
158 Park Slope, Clifton, NJ  07011
Last modified Number 1 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Number 1 Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top