Clifton, NJ
After care: No

Posted December 28, 2014
My son is in Kindergarten and he loves it here. His teacher is amazing. She puts the kids first, always and cares for their education. Reading is important in this school, as for every other subject of course, and to me that shows alot of this school. Mrs Evans, the principal has so much drive and charisma and is just the sweetest person. She always wants whats best for the kids and school and as a parent, I am beyond grateful my son goes here.

Number 11 Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2014
My kids are in the 3rd and 2nd grades in school 11. I am not an involved parent with school, like many of you I just do not have time. But I do see my kids learning and growing. It is all about healthy competition for my kids and it took a sharp turn towards reading since Theresa Evans became principal. Teachers keep motivating kids to learn and to grow academically. They do emphasize to work with kids at home. It is not solely school's responsibility to teach and help children gain knowledge. But with all the work teachers do in school kids just need a little push at home and they just do so well. Although I do wish they would get more homework... Thank you teachers, principle and the rest of the staff for all you do for our kids!!!

Posted August 26, 2014
My son attended first grade and will be going into second this fall. I have to say that we came from the Rutherford school district, where my son did just fine, or so I was under the impression. He started 1st grade in Clifton at School 11, and within the first 2 weeks of school, the teachers pointed out areas of weakness. The ability and openness to meet with the teachers and special education teachers, my son was able to accelerate his learning. I am beyond thrilled at the attention the teachers pay to the students. I have to say, this school, it's leadership and the staff are great. I am looking forward to my son's second year at this school.

Posted June 05, 2014
School 11 has been an instrumental part of my children's academic growth and achievement. I have two sons who attend the school, a kindergartener and a fourth grader, and both love going to school. They have talented and committed teachers who go above and beyond their call of duty to ensure that their students receive a solid foundation for success in their future years. The principal, teachers, and staff are very approachable and all share a common goal: excellence for the students. With the new principal on board this school year, the positive energy flowing throughout the school is reflected in my children's outlook and behavior. I am very pleased with the School 11.

Posted May 01, 2014
School 11 is great! Love sending my daughter to school! She loves her teacher and staff!

Posted April 30, 2014
I love sending our 2 kids to School #11 because of their dedication to provide professional and caring education. I admire the new principal's commitment to improve all levels of academics at the schoool, especailly by introducing and having kids strive and maintain status in the Galaxy Club which is strictly focused on reading literacy. Our 2nd-grade daughter is even reading 4th-grade level books. I've seen it, heard her, and love it. This is a reflection of her teacher's encouraging drive to challenge her students and surpass their goals. I can't seem to buy books fast enough or go to the library as often enough to catch up to her reading speed. Same goes for our kindergarten son's teacher who makes education fun as well as maintaining advance cirriculum studies. He absolutely loves going to school and as he states often: "If I could sleep over at school, I would." Overall, their progress in school is satisfying and enlightening. I personally love being a part of School 11 because I take pride in my kid's education whether volunteering at school activities in which many opportunities arise or even re-asserting homework studies at home. Thank you for being our GREAT SCHOOL...

Posted April 30, 2014
The teachers really care about each of their students and they make it fun for the kids to learn.

Posted April 30, 2014
School 11 is great. The principal and staff are extremely dedicated and truly care about the children. For the first time in our children's lives, they are finally in a school that they enjoy attending, as everyone there makes learning interesting and fun.

Posted April 30, 2014
Wow, what a difference a year makes. The new principal and staff at School 11 have really turned this school around and are truly dedicated to the students. They have conducted many activities to encourage parental involvement and have introduced ideas like The Galaxy Club to encourage the children to read. You can see their dedication in the way they are there for the students after school if they need extra help. We only wish the school was this good when our children started several years ago as now they will be sorry to leave when they graduate.

Posted April 18, 2014
Under a new principal, school eleven has changed for the better! There have been many events to involve the parents. The teachers continue to make learnin fun for my son. He has grown to love reading because of the galaxy club. I am so happy to be part of the school eleven families.

Number 11 Elementary School
147 Merselis Avenue, Clifton, NJ  07011
Last modified Number 11 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Number 11 Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top