9-12 & Ungraded
Collingswood, NJ

Collingswood Sr High School 1

Posted May 07, 2015
There has been a strong push from parents (who don't even have children in the HS) to write great reviews for Collingswood High School. As a parent with a child in the HS, I can tell you we have so many issues. The teachers are great and this is no reflection on them. We are a receiving school for other districts and it creates a number of issues. One large issue is that the sending school has not prepared their students. Therefore it is an uneven playing field for all the students. We have issues with gangs (and this has been brought up at board of education meetings for years.). I am glad that my last child is done this year.

Collingswood Sr High School 4

Posted May 04, 2015
Collingswood High School offers unique programs and diverse classes. There is a diverse student population and small class sizes. The teachers are dedicated and the main office staff is the best.

Posted April 23, 2015
I am so happy to have my child in this school district. It is a high school of under 700 children. The school is known for great sports programs (wrestling, field hockey, lacrosse). One of the best marching bands in the state. The choir and plays are outstanding. The arts are a top priority! I just love that my child can be in a sport, play, and be in a club- all at one time. It is rare with all the huge regional schools. So many honors and advanced courses. The best part is that she is in an atmosphere of caring students who are from many walks of life and all in walking distance from our house.

Posted April 23, 2015
As an alumna of Collingswood Schools, I can say I received a great education and was 100% prepared for a four year university. While at school, there were so many clubs, sports, and activities, that I had to pick and choose which ones to join. I had amazing teachers who cared a lot about me and was exposed to diverse socioeconomic population of students which gave me great experience for dealing with all different types of people in my life. I recently spoke to Collingswood students and teachers, and it seems that the programs and schools are just getting better. I can't wait to send my kids here one day.

Posted April 23, 2015
At every back-to-school night since our child arrived at the middle school and then the high school, principals and staff have strongly encouraged parents and students to explore the smorgasbord of extra-curricular activities available to our kids. Our child immediately discovered her niche in marching band, and was instantly surrounded by a support group of dedicated and like-minded kids that now include her very best friends. During the past few years, the CHS marching band has been consistently winning, including state and regional championships. It's discouraging how little media pays attention to their achievement. It's been wonderful to see our child grow at CHS. This is a school that offers outstanding language programs (there's even Latin, and the German teacher is fantastic). The sports programs are getting noticed for their steady improvement, theater programs are impressive and well-attended, school staff is caring and supportive (the secretaries are the nicest I've ever met in a school office!), and parental involvement is on the rise. CHS has been a great experience for our child.

Posted March 09, 2012
Great school, academically challenging, lots of clubs, musicals, plays, sports. Hometown spirit, with a lot of parent involvement! School that keeps evolving and looking toward the future. As a parent and alumni, I am impressed with the staff and administration.

Collingswood Sr High School 2

Posted October 26, 2011
Sadly, the vast majority of students at CHS are apathetic at best. It is left to the 10-15% of the motivated students to "make it all happen". According, the vast majority of the parents don't get involved, and/or don't care. For those students that are motivated then this is a "good" school, not great, just good. The school cannot point to any one area where they are consistently "great" or even "above average"; not academics, not athletics and the music program is just awful begining with the band director. This school is a 5 out of 10, always has, always will be.

Posted March 19, 2010
My parents went to Collingswood and now my children are in the Collingswood School system. The students are taught well, and those who may struggle, the teachers are more than willing to spend extra time with them to make sure they learn the material; sports and activities are plentiful and many of the athletic teams are playoff contenders year in and year out. The parents are extremely involved and never is there a lack of participation. This is a school with old time traditions and values where many of the students remain close throughout their entire lifetime. I'm proud my children are in the Collingwood School District and why they have such a low rating is clearly not accurate.

Posted January 30, 2010
I have lived in collingswood for 12 yrs now. All of my 3 kids have gone to school here. Two starting in kindergarden, one third grade. My oldest son took honors classes and got a great scholorship at a great university. He applied himself and looked pasted h.s. The teaching has to be good because he got a high sat score. collingwood is a great place to raise kids.

Collingswood Sr High School 3

Posted June 01, 2006
Good School. Has a great number of after school programs and activities.

Collingswood Sr High School
424 Collings Ave, Collingswood, NJ  08108
Last modified Collingswood Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Collingswood Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top