K-5 & Ungraded
Collingswood, NJ

Posted May 01, 2015
We can not say enough good things about Mark Newbie. We have two children that attend the school, our oldest has been there for three years. The classes are a great size and they don't seem to have too many children for the teachers to handle. Plus, the teachers seem to have quite a bit of extra support staff so that the kids can be broken up into smaller groups for individual and small group learning through out the day. There is one class for each grade, from K-5, so the school is intimate. The children all know each other, and are very supportive and encouraging of one another across all grade levels. There are so many opportunities for the families to participate in after school activities. We love that the principal and PTA are so open to having these events so that everyone can be involved in the school. Throughout the year we have attended the ice cream social, the holiday party, the talent show, the basket raffle (for parents), muffins with Mom (for Mother's Day), Movie night, and Donuts with Dad (for Father's Day). I'm sure there are others that I am completely forgetting.

Posted May 01, 2015
I see so many exciting things that I never had in my own education at one of the top rated schools in NJ. My oldest is involved in a homework club where the kids get together and help one another with work. This opportunity has reinforced her learning as she has worked directly with her teacher, but also has the opportunity to help other students. She has been involved in a book club where the children have been reading and taking notes about their books and then developing character analogies together as a group. I love to see this type of critical thinking. The teachers never miss the opportunity to seize a teachable moment. There is an after school program called The Green Team that is parent run and teacher supported. They have a garden in the playground where the kids plant and grow food that can be used by the school families. They have done community work such as cleaning up Cooper River, and selling soaps and cleaners they made for Green Festival in town. The teachers at the school have taken their own time to come and do presentations as well. Can't wait to see what happens in the next few years!

Posted March 09, 2014
Mark Newbie is an excellent school. My kids love it. Teachers are great with the kids and hands on. Thanks Newbie Teachers.

Posted April 09, 2009
I love how the teacher work with the parent to make sure the student are learning. Also how much they care. If there is a problem they tackle it right away. In order for the parent to help their child.

Mark Newbie Elementary School
2 East Browning Rd, Collingswood, NJ  08108
Last modified Mark Newbie Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Newbie Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top