9-12 & Ungraded
Dumont, NJ

Posted June 10, 2008
I was a student among class of 2006. DHS is great for students whom dont speak english, they worked wonders in that department and for social enhancment they place them along with normal regular classes and students which is great. DHS is also well known for their marching band, which i was apart of, and that parents and booster volunteers every year are so supportive and amazing and familiar faces from threw out the years, even after their child graduates they stay involved. Also, they are very good with productions in theatre which ive participated in. Dumont might not be best well grounded and best eduacation as some may say but teachers are friendly and are good one on one with students. I went back to recently visit an old teacher ive had and their security was great.

Posted April 16, 2008
I have a child in DHS and she is doing very well. I really have no complaints. You get out of school what you put into it.

Posted March 31, 2008
My oldest is a senior and I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of his education at DHS. While he has made many friends there, it seems to me that he will be poorly prepared for a vocational career not to mention post high school education. A also agree that communication between the staff leaves much to be desired.

Posted March 31, 2008
While DHS appears to be well funded and has all of the resources available to the best schools, it's increasingly apparent that the graduates churned out here are in for some real world surprises. I can see that my kid is totally unprepared for what awaits him. Part of the problem is the huge disconnect between the staff and parents. There are no updates between marking periods except for progress reports. Not a single educator at this school has made an effort to contact either parent with regard to our child's abyssmal progress. Having grown up in the outer boroughs of NYC myself, it's evident that diminished expectations and rubber stamped promotions appear to be the norm here. I feel so strongly about the poor standards at DHS that I've enrolled my youngest in a private school in the hope that the results will be better.

Posted March 26, 2008
As a parent who has a child at dumont high school. I must express total disappointment in dumont high school. Principal & vice principals leadership is non-existed. Teacher quality and communication is poor. Extra curricular activities lack proper coaches and in closing discipline is handled poorly and is usually one sided. Safety is the only strong point of this school....Go private parents

Dumont High School 4

Posted February 27, 2006
The school is currently under construction to add a new media division. At the moment, there are additonal new science labs and computer classes. The guidance counselors are approachable and supporting. The students seem to be well behaved.

Posted June 30, 2005
As a recent graduate (class of '04) I must say that I am dissapointed with the education I received from Dumont High School. The english dept. is superb (honors), but the science department (especially chemistry honors) is greatly lacking, as are parts of the math department. The precalculus and calculus are excellent programs but the lower-level courses are lacking. After a year of college I felt very unprepared, as if high school did not prepare me. In high school I was an A student. I graduated thinking that Dumont High School was excellent but after a year of college wish I had attended a private school so that I would be better prepared for classes on the college level.The extracurricular activites are mostly good progams, though some girls programs are lacking proper leadership & management. The overall atmosphere at the school is very positive.

Posted January 30, 2005
I don't believe this High Scholl principal has any ability to lead because of his admitted low expectations for the upcoming Freshmen class. It also appears that the spokesman for the guidance department shares the same view.

Posted June 22, 2004
This school is misleading. The grades are inflated. The 10-15 all A students are the ones you expect to go to Ivy league schools but instead only 4 or 5 of them get into any Ivies. Many of these kids come back complaining that college is too hard. If you go to this school you may think your 4.0 is amazing but when you go to college you'll be in for a bumpy ride.

Dumont High School 4

Posted August 11, 2003
My son enjoys Dumont High School so much. It's a great place for learning and having fun (or so he says).

101 New Milford Ave, Dumont, NJ  07628
Last modified Dumont High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dumont High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top