10-12 & Ungraded
E Brunswick, NJ

Posted November 04, 2014
why was east brunswick high dropped to a seven? new jersey monthly magazine in sept. issue just ranked them higher .... from number 121 in 2012. to this year 47th!!!!!! that's out of all of new jersey high schools. there is only one public high school. the 12th grade enrollment is 695.5 students. faculty to student ratio is 12 to 3.

Posted July 25, 2014
Overall a great high school for high-achieving students. I do agree, however, that it's not necessarily the best district for average students, which I think is common in similar types of districts.

Posted May 10, 2014
Curriculum is very high for EBHS and teachers are also good but they are not putting enough care for average students. As a result average students are struggling to get just B - .They tutor the students who need help because they have no choice but to do so. I noticed school rating dropped to 7 which is not a good sign for school. Students do great here if they are VERY smart. If you are a mediocre student you can get lost in the crowd.

East Brunswick High School 3

Posted May 01, 2014
This school has good teachers, but it lacks attention for the average students, and pays more attention to the smart kids, and the one that have trouble. The school also has a lot of money, but uses it the wrong way. They use their money on buying imacs and laptops and new operating systems on their computers, instead of the students' education. This high school teaches the better students better quality only so that they get a better reputation on their scores. They teach the students who need help better because they have no choice but to do so. They average students will do worse and have a very hard time. Otherwise, this school is very good.

Posted April 03, 2014
Have had two children attend this high school. If you are an average student, you will fall through the cracks. You are either a star student or you have a extreme learning disability to succeed here. They are far behind times and don't want anyone to know it. I say this because I have another child that went to a much better school. There are drugs going around like crazy and they should have dogs to sniff then out or an entry with scanners. The teachers are allowed to just assume your child is on drugs, report their assumptions based on nothing, give a urine test and send you to a dr. To clear you. One of my sons was targeted two times and was not on anything. They know they have a problem and allow teachers to pick kids out randomly. The teachers have no training. They have too few counselors. I would HOME school my child before sending another to EBHS.

Posted December 27, 2013
My son is a junior in high school. I am very impressed by the quality of teachers, their experience; the quality of counsellors is great. The sports involvement

Posted December 13, 2013
East Brunswick High School. My son attended East Brunswick schools from PreK to 12. He graduated with a presidents award with distinction. He also got 21 college credit as he was in several AP classes and they were easily trasfered to his college. He is now doing a Bio-medical Engineering which is a very tough field and he is doing good. I credit East Brunswick education system for this level of training which prepared him for this heavy course work. Yes, there is a lot of competition in EB and if you are a mediocre student you can get lost in the crowd but if your children need a challege this is where they should be.

Posted November 11, 2013
I graduated in 96 I was an average student in elemetry school. When I got to 6th grade I got lost in the shuffle. My grades dropped and no one cared. If I got a D+ or a C-that was a great report card. I moved out of EB at the end of 8th grade. When I started my new High School SWMHS I made honor roll. I had some medical issues so I went out on home instruction and graduated with honor roll. Now I have 2 children and live in EB. Sadly my kids go through the same thing I went Through...My oldest pretty much failing out of school. I had to beg and plead with them to help my child. Well my daughter decided to go to Vo-tech now she is a high honor student understands so much more and is involved in sports, DECCA you name it she does it. She also received 2 scholarships...My son is a little different he only has trouble with Math but seems like the are going to the same thing to him...Basicly what saying is if you are a honor student or a special need students EB is a great school. But if your just an average student be careful you get lost. If you to get lost be very careful because they forget about you... O

East Brunswick High School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Wow I wonder why it was downgraded to a 7... What changed? Is the rating based solely on test scores?

Posted June 23, 2013
Impressive history of excellence. This is credit to the community, the staff and, of course the students who seem to truly take advantage of the opportunities this school provides them. The results each year remain impressive.

East Brunswick High School
380 Cranbury Road, E Brunswick, NJ  08816
Last modified East Brunswick High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Brunswick High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top