Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

It was a lot better before it decided to add so mamy roadblocks for a student to try to go into honors or AP- to push their limits. I had tried to get into AP Bio my senior year but out of the blue it was changed that I had to take Chem honors. Before I had all the requirements an A- in academic Bio or B- in honors Bio. This school is so heavy on grades that to an average person feels stupid. I get it is important tO have good grades but it's been harder and harder to take different classes and expand on one's knowledge. This school is awful at fixing problems that is not academic related. And is strict about changes in schedule even if one feels extremely uncomfortable or feels like it will distrub ones learning in a classroom or lunch period. I had once been forced into a lunch with someone I had an issue with (not minor but something that potentially could have got him in trouble) yet instead of saying "We understand let us change it back to your old schedule" (I was a 'witness' to something he did so I expected to not have any classes with him) it is decided they can give me 'protective security'. I didn't want to be a meter stick close to him. The security here is very debatable. For once they added soap in the bathrooms. When I was in sports my 8 to 10 th grade years the school had no soap. It was a major hygiene issue. The school likes to spend money on electronics the students didn't care much about instead of putting a central AC for the hot summer days. I remember hearing a girl fainted because of the brutal heat. So would I let my child go to this school? Until all of this is fixed then yes.

This is a great school system which has produced great students who go on and do great things. Both of my kids are going through the school system and have consistently done excellent because of the kids they hang out and the friends they have. It is not only the teachers' responsibility but the parent's to make sure their kids succeed. Those in the comments section that talk about being avg. and getting lost in the shuffle, to you I say this, in a competitive world if you are avg. as it exists today you will also get lost in the shuffle as well. In order to be great you have to strive to be great and hangout with great people. Being avg. simply means sitting on a block of ice while your hair is on fire. - a Parent

I agree with the parent who commented about the rating posted by great schools web site. It should really be rated a bit high than what it shows now. I have been a resident in this town over 12 years now and my son is graduting this summer who got admitted into many of the best colleges in the country. This is a very good school system and I personally know of people moving into this town just for its school system and getting the best education for their children. They have been consistently good in Academics, Arts & Sports for a long time and I would recommend anyone considering moving into East Brunswick for a quality education. - A Parent

East Brunswick Twp is an excellent school district and the High School is one of the best schools in central NJ. The scoring posted here does not reflect the reputation of the school.

EBHS has a well deserved reputation for consistent excellence. People move here to have their children attend this school. It is very well funded, and well run. As an alumni and a parent I can say that our town has always been very proud of our school system. It is the centerpiece of East Brunswick.

why was east brunswick high dropped to a seven? new jersey monthly magazine in sept. issue just ranked them higher .... from number 121 in 2012. to this year 47th!!!!!! that's out of all of new jersey high schools. there is only one public high school. the 12th grade enrollment is 695.5 students. faculty to student ratio is 12 to 3.

Curriculum is very high for EBHS and teachers are also good but they are not putting enough care for average students. As a result average students are struggling to get just B - .They tutor the students who need help because they have no choice but to do so. I noticed school rating dropped to 7 which is not a good sign for school. Students do great here if they are VERY smart. If you are a mediocre student you can get lost in the crowd.

This school has good teachers, but it lacks attention for the average students, and pays more attention to the smart kids, and the one that have trouble. The school also has a lot of money, but uses it the wrong way. They use their money on buying imacs and laptops and new operating systems on their computers, instead of the students' education. This high school teaches the better students better quality only so that they get a better reputation on their scores. They teach the students who need help better because they have no choice but to do so. They average students will do worse and have a very hard time. Otherwise, this school is very good.

Have had two children attend this high school. If you are an average student, you will fall through the cracks. You are either a star student or you have a extreme learning disability to succeed here. They are far behind times and don't want anyone to know it. I say this because I have another child that went to a much better school. There are drugs going around like crazy and they should have dogs to sniff then out or an entry with scanners. The teachers are allowed to just assume your child is on drugs, report their assumptions based on nothing, give a urine test and send you to a dr. To clear you. One of my sons was targeted two times and was not on anything. They know they have a problem and allow teachers to pick kids out randomly. The teachers have no training. They have too few counselors. I would HOME school my child before sending another to EBHS.

My son is a junior in high school. I am very impressed by the quality of teachers, their experience; the quality of counsellors is great. The sports involvement

Last modified East Brunswick High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.