Bad
Good

This school is awful, just plain awful. The teachers here have no idea how to teach, they sit down on their butts and put up a slideshow and call it done, and are very rude to children who don't understand the concept and ask questions. Cockroaches all over the school and in lockers (I'm not even kidding ask anyone), and overpriced lunches for bad quality. Nothing is really good about this school, plus every kid is rude and nasty. I do not recommend this school at all please for the sake of your child bring them somewhere else.

This school is pretty good! I feel with anything you have to be active and stay involved and stay in contact with your teachers. Let's not get it twisted these are still children and even though they are getting older they still need our parental guidance! Our children's education at this school or any other school will be what we as a whole make it out to be.

This school is horrible. This teacher not saying any names (sulva) is really mean and rude to her students. She is always in a bad mood and she is always putting her students down. Trust me and then this language arts teacher Diaz doesn't teach at all I've never gotten below a b in any of my language arts classes until I had her I now have A 60 and I've done all my homework and study for all my tests. Just letting some people know

The teachers are not nice to every student. And they are not explaining the material properly.

This school really does its job in getting students prepared for high school! It is hard work but so well worth it in the end!

Churchill is a big, big transition from Hammarskjold, and yes- it gets much harder. There is much more homework, two or three tests every week ( it stinks when there are five tests that all fall on the same day), but you learn a lot. The teachers here really take their job seriously and it is very hard to get an A in most cases, especially if you are in honors. Although it might take a long time to get used to the early schedule and REAL learning, you will definitely be thankful later on. You will find that these teachers actually help next year become easier for every subject and the extra-curricular activities are in more depth than in Hammarskjold. Overall, it is a very tough school but is extremely helpful in the near future. (The teachers are usually nice, but if you don't take their classes seriously, all the teachers will either give up on you, make you drop down a level, or will become extremely mad. Also if you ever slack off, you will immediately fall behind and will struggle to get back on your feet.) Churchill may be tough, but it is still extremely fun, and they take a lot of time to try and stop bullying, so you really don't need to worry about that.

Besides all that we had 18 mods a day ,22 mins. a class,there wasn't time to learn much. By the time they took attendance and got the class going it was time to get to the next class. Rediculess if you ask me!

I love the overall school. The only complaint I have is that was not put in Geometry Honors in 8th grade. Now in 9th I am in Geometry Honors with an A for the last two quarters. I've been put in Biology Honors which is very difficult, and my friends have told me that General Science is very easy. Academic History is a continuation from 8th grade Academic History. English is very well taught. Most of the teachers are very well trained, but some can show improvement. The school lacks inschool presentation is very cramped and a bit old. First period starts at 7:26am, which is very stupid, and should start at 8:30. The school offeres fairly good technology and afterschool busing.

I think this school is horrible! The kids are nasty. They are mean to me every single day and pick on me all the time. I am overwhelmed with so much homework every single day and I feel like my life is unimportant since I never have any fun. Other schools don't give half as much homework as this school and I have so much stress in my life already. Plus, even the time of school beginning is ridiculous. 7:26AM! At 6:45 I am out of the house. I often get very cold waiting at the corner and I even cry myself to sleep a lot since I feel miserable because I have to go Churchill everyday. School is school, but it shouldn't be this horrible. Unfortinately, I have no other option than to torture myself everyday.

Last modified Churchill Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-9