Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

students are strongly encouraged to reach out if they or a friend is bullied. The bulling is quickly resolves. All over the school there re anti-bulling posters and signs, but not a constricting amount. Also the school teaches good character, so a generally school hardly ever has problems with bulling.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers as super kind and actually try to help. They give appropriate and current work.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework is simple, and there is a comfortable amount of homework. The homework helps us learn and gets us prepared for tests and other work.

The teachers are excellent and the work given isn't too hard, but it challenges us and pushes us to work harder. The overall environment is great. we aren't given too much homework, but a comfortable amount that helps us learn, but isn't suffocating at all.

I am currently a student of Hammarskjold Middle School. When I first enrolled as a student, my prospects were high. Friends of mine had verbalized that it had been a great experience. But after being there for a good duration, I am disappointed. There is a plethora of bullying, both physical and noetic harm being inflicted. First of all, I witness many kids being punched and kicked. Then, when I endeavor to help, I get told not to stop the fighting. Even though I don't get in trouble (luckily), the bully doesn't get suspended, or in some cases, detention. I feel that the principal does not base penalization on incident, but more or less, race/ethnicity. Kids additionally insult others by learning their personal life and utilizing it against them. This has only happened to me a few times, well, that is because I'm more sizably voluminous than them. Anyways, a few times, acquaintances of mine have gotten concussions, broken bones, etc. from people they used to consider friends. For the sake of your children, do not put your children through the misery of what many of suffered for it is not worth the jeopardy. And if you do enroll your child here for some reason, I wish him fortuity!

This school is pretty good. It has mostly nice teachers and the kids are mostly good as well. There are a few insults flying around sometimes from some rude kids, but I have never seen a real case of bullying as a student. The work is hard enough to make standardized tests seem easy, and the teachers want students to do well. There is also a police officer and crossing guards to keep you safe. Janitors and other teachers definetely assist new kids with finding rooms and opening lockers. Finally, there are many after school clubs like basketball, drama club, and chorus .Overall, I think this is a very good school, as a student, but in the halls students need to be disciplined, there are a few not so nice teachers who don't update websites, and transitioning from elementary school is pretty hard. These are the only cons, though, and this is a school your children, as long as they work hard and are polite, will be proud to go to.

The safety of your child at this school is top rated, as security employs retired law enforcement. Academically, teachers are on an inflated image and really are not interested in the best for your child, more interested in their own test ranking than the child as an individual. Teacher websites often not updated or utilized. Teachers mislead test prep thereby setting child for fail. The administration is more concerned about standardized tests than really teaching kids how to apply lessons in real life. Teachers very judgmental often transferring their own beliefs/feelings onto a child which creates an atmosphere of inappropriate conduct from teacher. If you send your child to this school you must be proactive and pragmatic with teachers.

This school is terrible. Teachers are absent frequently. Rather than teach, teachers show videos or tell the students to google the subject matter. My son used to enjoy school but the lack of motivation by the majority of his teachers has made him disillusioned and unhappy. There is also rampant bullying which is tolerated by the incompetent school administrators. If you care for your child, do not go to this school. Aesthetically, the school is very pleasant but it's a facade for a horrible school system

This school is really really hard to transition into. They act like it is the best school, but there are too many people, people are cursing and screaming, and it is just a very hard transition. This school has too many kids, should be two middle schools. I used to love school. Now I dread going there every day. I won't mention any names but some teachers are really mean. The only good thing is that most teachers are really nice and funny. This school should really step it up- I feel really bad for the oncoming sixth graders!!

Last modified Hammarskjold Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.