PK-5 & Ungraded
East Brunswick, NJ

Posted August 13, 2014
Best public elementary school in East Brunswick. By far the best teachers to work with students both as enrichment and special needs. I have been blessed with wonderful teachers for all my kids from one who got a 2400 on his SAT to one who needs help.

Posted February 10, 2014
I like the school for the discipline and the curriculum. Children are always competitive. They are always packed with stuff. Teachers are great, we are happy and satisfied to send our child to the school.

Posted November 14, 2013
This school is phenomenal. I moved from a different district to this one and I can't say enough good things about it. The teacher's my son has had the past two years have been great. The nurse & the principal are also wonderful & so is the aftercare. Very happy with the school. My son's reading has improved tremendously as well as they focus largely on reading. All around great school with very caring teacher's and staff.

Irwin School 1

Posted November 02, 2013
Mr. Lieberman is a friend not a disciplinarian, It is disgusting what he lets troubled kids get away with. He makes many of the parents feel like outsiders. Mrs. Sarti is an embarrassment of a teacher. She is spiteful and took many things out on my son including holding back his reading level. All because I new another teacher personally for over 20 years and we never got along.. I am so glad we moved and got out of that school. I have no idea how Irwin ever gets the high ratings that it gets. Mrs Donahue, the kindergarten teacher was great as well as Mrs. Blaska.

Posted September 18, 2013
Great school - very good and dedicated teachers, many additional activities for kids - band, art ant etc

Posted July 13, 2013
I have a current 5th grader and a 2nd grader. The teachers are great in teaching and helping. The whole staff is very helpful and Mr. Liberman is a great Role model for our children.

Irwin School 4

Posted January 07, 2010
I have a daughter in 1st grade currently. I can't say enough good things about this school- as the previous reviewer mentioned the staff is amazing. The classes are kept on the small side (compared to city schools) and so kids really do get the attention they need to thrive. The old principal left and there is a new one this year - Ronald Lieberman - I think it's his first position as a principal, but he is doing a fine job so far. However, no school is perfect. A few security concerns - you have to fill out a list at the beginning of the year of those people that are allowed by you to pick up your child. However, no one really checks IDs or anything. I could see how this could potentially be a problem.

Posted January 17, 2008

Posted March 18, 2006
Strong academically, high level of parent involvement. Very caring personel in the school, as well as in the afterschool program. Early morning and afterschool programs are available for a resonable fee. it's a Blue Ribbon awarded school. Many teachers get awards every year. New enthusiastic principal with Doctor decree.

Posted February 01, 2006

Irwin School
71 Racetrack Road, East Brunswick, NJ  08816
Last modified Irwin School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irwin School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top