Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My son is going for a third year now and so far he is having a great experience at this school. The culture is very diverse and learning opportunities are great. This school is strongest in languages, reading and writing skills (probably one of the strongest in the state in fact) and about an average in math. Not many children miss their school during the summer break, but he did, which tells me they are doing a great job. I am very impressed by his skills in reading, writing and foreign language. He is doing well for his age in math, but I would suggest school put slightly more emphasis on mathematics and logic to stand out in that area as well.

Despite lot of pressure from several sources this school has been growing well due to the standard of the education at this school. Now they are extending into Middle school. Teachers and Principal are amazing and they communicate all information and they plan everything in advance and my son likes a lot. We are not Jewish but we still like this school as teachers work really hard and our son is growing very well. My son is learning an additional language: Hebrew and I do agree that they teach about Israel and I never felt anything wrong in that. I am confident that they also teach about other countries as well. Our son is now in 1st grade and we no need to worry about the school for 7 more years.

Amount of homework: Agree

Our son has homework on all the days and he could complete his work with little help from parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students in this school are selected from several school districts and we find all kinds races in the school.

Amount of homework: Agree

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Despite lot of pressure from several sources this school has been growing well due to the standard of the education at this school. Teachers and Principal are amazing and they communicate all information and they plan everything in advance and my son likes a lot. We are not Jewish but we still like this school as teachers work really hard and our son is growing very well. My son is learning an additional language: Hebrew and I do agree that they teach about Israel and I never felt anything wrong in that. I am confident that they also teach about other countries as well. But school is growing and getting expanded to Middle School even though so many outside pressures not to expand. Our son is in 1st grade and now we no need to worry about the school for 7 more years due to its expansion to middle school

The Board of this school is not elected like a public school district. Therefore, the teachers and director are at the mercy of this political Board and their children who attend the school. This does not make for a positive nor equitable experience for all children at the school. I had high hopes for the school, but as the State Performance Reports show, this charter school just isn't keeping up with the local public schools.

This school exceed our expectations by far. It teaches an inquiry-based International Baccalaureate curriculum and the teachers are amazing. It it no wonder that it is ranked so high (92nd) percentile in the entire state. I strongly believe that those few people who wrote a negative comment and described themselves as "parents" are actually not parents but actually a part of the concerted effort by the local school board to spread more lies and misinformation about the school. They hate the competition and the fact that they have to share a very tiny portion of their budget with the charter school.

This school is amazing! The DOE just approved the expansion of the school due to academic performance. The school ranks 96th percentile in language arts literacy and 87th percentile in math compared to schools across the state. On an average this ranks the school at about 92nd percentile in the entire state. Classes are small and there is a minimum of 2 teachers per class which makes an excellent teacher student ratio.

Last modified Hatikvah International Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.