Hatikvah International Charter School 1

Posted May 06, 2015
The Board of this school is not elected like a public school district. Therefore, the teachers and director are at the mercy of this political Board and their children who attend the school. This does not make for a positive nor equitable experience for all children at the school. I had high hopes for the school, but as the State Performance Reports show, this charter school just isn't keeping up with the local public schools.

Posted April 16, 2015
This school exceed our expectations by far. It teaches an inquiry-based International Baccalaureate curriculum and the teachers are amazing. It it no wonder that it is ranked so high (92nd) percentile in the entire state. I strongly believe that those few people who wrote a negative comment and described themselves as "parents" are actually not parents but actually a part of the concerted effort by the local school board to spread more lies and misinformation about the school. They hate the competition and the fact that they have to share a very tiny portion of their budget with the charter school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 15, 2015
This school is amazing! The DOE just approved the expansion of the school due to academic performance. The school ranks 96th percentile in language arts literacy and 87th percentile in math compared to schools across the state. On an average this ranks the school at about 92nd percentile in the entire state. Classes are small and there is a minimum of 2 teachers per class which makes an excellent teacher student ratio.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2015
Love Hatikvah! My daughter is at 96% and second grade level in reading in just 6 months of Kindergarten. Teachers are amazing. She is learning Hebrew and loves it. I drive a total of 3 hours everyday and that's not a problem knowing that my daughter is getting a better education and i have the peace of mind that she is safe in a peaceful environment. Thank you Gov. Christie for the approval of the extension. We need to raise kids with values and moral and that's what they are learning at Hatikvah Charter School.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 21, 2015
This school is amazing! I can't say enough great things about Hatikvah. With 2-3 teachers in the classroom at all times, my daughter gets individualized attention in every subject. The teachers and staff always go above and beyond in all that they do. I am thrilled to be starting my son here for kindergarten next year.

Posted January 17, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about hatikvah. I drive over two hours a day (half hour each way) and am so grateful to do so. My son us flourishing beyond my imagination here. He loves his school and so do I...
5 people found this helpful

Hatikvah International Charter School 1

Posted January 16, 2015
I'll be removing my kids from this school. On paper school sounds great. The director is stubborn and you MUST do things her way. We had to argue with her for an IEP for my child. We did eventually get it through their agency, but she was certainly a roadblock. Culture is mostly Israeli, and my children feel 'different' because they are not Jewish. There is no cafeteria, kids eat and spend all their time with their classmates. Music and chess classes held in hallways. I had such high hopes for this charter school and support charter schools - just not this one.

Posted September 03, 2014
It's a joy and comfort to send our son to Hatikvah. The teachers go above and beyond and are very attentive and helpful. This is a well-run school and the building is spacious, clean and organized well. Truly A+ from us and tremendous peace of mind as we start another school year. Now back to my empty house :)

Posted June 17, 2014
Are those bad reviews posted by someone from board of education fighting to close this school? Because they sounds awfully similar and written in the same style. Besides, doesn't sound like real experience I've heard about from people whose kids attending this school. My son is going next year and I am excited for him. Don't post if you don't have children there, it is easy to uncover trolls these days.
4 people found this helpful

Hatikvah International Charter School 2

Posted June 13, 2014
It doesn't only teach Hebrew as extra language . It teaches more about Israeli culture !!!

Hatikvah International Charter School
7 Lexington Avenue, East Brunswick, NJ  08816
Last modified Hatikvah International Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8
Hatikvah International Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top