PK-5 & Ungraded
East Orange, NJ

Posted August 28, 2013
My son will be going to the first grade, and I think he had the best teacher/assistant teacher team in the world. I must admit I was very impressed with the caliber of work that they gave the kids in Kindergarten, it was not the usual Kindergarten work. This teacher really prepared my son for the 1st grade, I call them The Dream Team, Ms. Harris and Ms. Jackson. If your child is going to Kindergarten, I would recommend you ask for your child to be in their class, THEY WILL LEARN. And they do such nice, fun things with the kids too. The office staff is great, Mr. Heaphy is just awesome, and Ms. Baxter and Ms. Kelly, you can see the dedication and commitment to the kids from them, and they love to see the kids happy and learning. I attended my son's Kindergarten graduation, that had to be one of THE BEST graduations I ever attended, and I have older children LOL. And the parent party they had for us last year was truly amazing. Look anyone who had a bad experience, you have to make sure that you are involved with your child's learning, they don't have time for nonsense there. This school is only for those who really want to learn. Anyway, glad to be able to post this review.

Posted August 15, 2013
The Edward T. Bowser, Sr. Unique school of Excellence is a Public , Pre- K-Fifth grade elementary school that services over 700 students. The student population consists of General , Special Education and English Language Learners.The educational theme is Medical Allied Health and Spanish Immersion.The Principal, Mr. Brian Heaphy and his two Assistant Principals, Elizabeth Kelly and Natashia Baxter are committed educators who strive to ensure that every child attending this facility is encouraged to grow academically, socially and emotionally through the implementation of a highly diversified,differentiated- collaborative approaches to learning. The staff voluntarily provides creative academic extensions through the facilitation of clubs that fosters self expression.Classrooms are buzzing with constructive student chatter as students learn to become risk takers and take responsibility for their learning outcomes.We are proud of our many achievements such as the creators of the First play depicting the 150th years of the East Orange Community and the annual Math Bees( grades 1-5) and Math Olympiad( K).Bowser elementary is a true educational oasis where children love learning!

Posted July 25, 2012
this school is excellent, the teachers are doing a great job with my kids. The techers are really nice and they always help my kids.

Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2012
This is the first school year in NJ of 2 of my children and Im really unsatisfied, cant wait to end this semester to change them. Too many complains about my kid, and even their not doing a great job with him, he is suppose to be in a more specialized education and he is so frustrated for the first time, he is not learning nothing, they are not helping him. I did not have this situation in the past. NOT RECOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO NO ONE, not worthy!

Posted January 08, 2012
My grandaugther has been a student at Bowser for the last four years. The principle, teachers, the administrative staff,and all of the support personnel are great. It is very easy to talk to anyone from the principle, to any of the faculty,or support personnel. I can always get an answer to any question. I know when I leave my child at school she will be safe and that she will get a quality education.

Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2010
My initial experience with the school demonstrated an atmosphere of caring nurturing, and fostering environment for children.However this year, I have experienced the opposite such as communication, and responsibility issues which are very important for both parents and school. It is sad to choose to take my children out of this school

Posted September 19, 2009

Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2009
I have found that the staff and teachers are wonderful. As stated by another parent if you are an interested and involved parent the staff are more than willing to meet and remain in contact with you about your child's progress. I have been extremely pleased with the level of assistance that I an my son have received.

Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2008

Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2008
The staff and teachers at Edward T. Bowser are excellent. All three of my children attended this school and the teachers are very supportive and communicative. They always welcome parents to meet with them and discuss their child's progress. If you are an active, interested parent, your child will succeed because the teachers are committed to helping you help your child achieve academically as well as socially.

Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School
180 Lincoln Street, East Orange, NJ  07017
Last modified Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward T. Bowser Sr Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top