PK-5 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Posted September 08, 2015
My son went to Carver after leaving another school in the district. He has special needs and was in an inclusion program. The Kindergarten teacher was amazing! She understood my sons needs and worked with him to flourish. If your child has special needs, the kindergarten program is by far the best in the district. Can't wait to see what the new school brings us but we all excited!!

Posted April 30, 2015
Absolutely amazing school. My daughter went from pre-k to 5th grade and the teachers were all so supportive and passionate about the students education. I also give bonus points for their parent room.

Posted July 07, 2014
Great school office staff and teachers always give me a warm greeting when I enter the building. Principal Davis and Assistant Principal Chase are the best. Mr.Chase is a great male roll model for the boys as well as the girls.

G Washington Carver Inst 4

Posted July 03, 2014
George Washington Carver has been a wonderful experience for both my son and daughter. My children have been attending this school from Pre-K to 2nd grade and have excelled tremendously! My son began reading in Kindergarten and my daughter has developed her artistic skill in Pre-k. Their teachers keep me informed of their progress and push them to the max. My children love going to school because they learn so much and are excited to come home to share with me what they've learned. As parents, must make the effort to inquire about our children's progress and interact with the teachers; see where you can contribute in the success of your children's education. The teachers here are very open, caring and want to also see the children do good. There are many uplifting programs and awards ceremonies. I have recommended friends and family to this school. The Principal is also great! She listens to your concerns and will not push you away.

G Washington Carver Inst 4

Posted June 23, 2014
George Washington Carver Institute is an excellent school. The teachers are very caring about the students. My daughter's teacher does extra activities with her class everyday. And when the students need materials the teacher will buy them so that the students in the class have the same quality of materials to complete a project. This teacher also does all kinds of enrichment activities which push my daughter to think outside the box. I love this school. Every time I walk through the door a staff member, teacher, custodian or secretary smiles at me! We love it there!

Posted May 07, 2012
This school has turned to be a big vindictive joke. Just like one of the parents observed, all you need to do is express your disatisfaction of a particular teacher and the rest of them will concert to penalize your child. The pricipal has absolutely no control. Most of the teachers need retraining especially those in higher grades. They are ruining very good students. Something has tobe done.

Posted June 28, 2011
this school has the worst principals in the last 7 years.....so unprofessional...no class....do not know how to treat parents....the teachers are great....don't know how they put up with it

Posted May 31, 2011
teacher pinched my son. removed from that class put into another, this teacher told other staff and somehow children found out that my child had chicken pox...When he never did, they then sat him out of class for a day in the nurses office and never fed my child. how much emtional stress should children have to put up with, then they suspend him for not letting another student take something out of his hand thats what the principal told me...oohhh wait, no! then she wrote me a letter stating my child now initiated the fight..he went on no field trips as they manuvered him outside of being with his peers"i call'em" the teacher network against kids"...they will use state resources to harass you...send truancy to your house when your kids have perfect attendance.show no id; write number down on a brown paper bag as if thats an official business card. we have a concern for our kids they have a selfish concern to preserve themselves. by attacking my family...

G Washington Carver Inst

Posted May 27, 2008
My grandson is in 2nd grade at Carver. He is in the Gifted and talented program and his teachers have been supportive and has him on track. I would recommend this school to other elementary school parents. Also bear in mind that a school provides only part of a child's education and that parents and others in the childs family need to reinforce class work and make sure that the child has a great learning environment at home.

Posted October 03, 2005
My children attended this school from Prek until 3rd grade. My children did not get the education that they deserved, or needed. I do not feel that the teachers or the head and vice pricipal really cares about teaching. This school needs to be reevaluated by the board of education of East Orange.

G Washington Carver Inst
135 Glenwood Avenue, East Orange, NJ  07017
Last modified G Washington Carver Inst is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.