PK-5 & Ungraded
East Orange, NJ

1 star

Posted January 07, 2015
I'm a mother We'll I'm a mother of two sons who attend Langston Hughes school and my oldest son which is in middle school catch a bus to pick up his siblings after school and the principle treated him poorly. I'm VERY displeased with the principle Ms.Jackson. My son told me she is very nasty to him after she called him lazy he rather walk home and we pick my younger ones up because the principle is very rude to him. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and request a phone conference but conversation with her was like talking was very distasteful. She is very rude and show aggressive behavior and she work with kids?? she even tried to justify her reason for calling my son lazy. I will be going to the board and removing my boys from this school.

Posted July 07, 2014
Langston Hughes School is terrible but it could much better with a new principal. Ms.Jackson is so rude to parents and her staff. She talks down to everyone. She allows bullying and she does nothing about kids bullying each other. It's time for a change at Langston Hughes School.

Posted October 23, 2013
Mrs. Jackson and Ms. Tidwell....please retire already. They are rude and impolite to their own teachers. Mr. Edwards is not assertive enough with the students- he seems clueless. The students in the upper grades are out of control! The administrative team is weak and has no expectation for behavior- the kids even yell at them! they yell in the halls and fight frequently. I would never send my kids to this school. They are inconsistent with guidelines and requirements for the teachers...this in turn falls on the students.

Posted September 25, 2013
The teacher is working under pressure from the Principal. The staff is good but when the principal come around . The school needs a principal and a new vice principal, toh I almost forgot the staff in the office is unprofessional they say one thing and the broad of education says the right thing.

Posted September 21, 2010
the school needs a new principal and needs to overhaul most of the satff. The principal is HORRIBLE and RUDE and the assistant principal as well. The teachers are working under conditions that they are not happy with and then it falls back onto our children. They are not cordial to the parents nor the students. I am taking my children out of there next year. They have been failing for a long while now and I kept giving them a chance but NO MORE!!!

Posted May 16, 2007
I agree 100% the administration at this school should be changed. This can be great school but the morale is down.

Langston Hughes School 2

Posted November 28, 2006
Leadership is poor. Parent involvement is not encouraged enough. There are no music, art and sports programs.

Posted January 29, 2006

Langston Hughes School
160 Rhode Island Avenue, East Orange, NJ  07018
Last modified Langston Hughes School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Langston Hughes School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top