Bad
Good

This school is horrible my daughter broke her in that school. I wish they would just put it for six to eight graders.

Hello, i used to go to whiney E. Houston Academy i was there from 4th grade form 8th grade. the reson i went to houston was i was a bron with speech problems and houston was the only school in the east orange who had a program for me. i love the school because the teacher would stay on top of u and sure u no the work that bein teach. the suff is friendly and careing. the school is a performing art school from pk-5 u would have arts,drama,dance,music,tech, olny once a week and from 6-8 u would have a major. with the same principal and a new VP ans the samee sprits i would not be where im am now . i learn and enjoy a lot from this school i hope u do to

not a good school staff are not friendly at all, have this crazy thing about students being late even if the parents are with them no respect for parents at all can't wait to take my child out

This school is horrible. My son went here for 1 year. First, it is NOT a performing arts school. They might have music or drama once a week if that. The school is falling apart and in horrible shape. The students use the worse language I have ever heard! Bullying, name calling and cursing are a norm. The principle has been there forever and does nothing. The vice principles hands are tied in policies. My son has never been in a fight before this school. During his year, I have heard stories of cops being called, children getting beat up in bathrooms, closets, hallways, you name it! I had to go to the board of education for answers and action. I pulled my son out of that so called "school" and he his now thriving and on the honor roll in a REAL performing arts school.

This school is a stepping stone on my children's path to success. The teachers have helped to solidify the foundation that was already laid out from home. My children have done outstanding work under the guided leadership of the administration and the teachers. I love this school and would recommend it to anyone, especially for the arts.

My daughter attended this school for the 1st grade and for 3 weeks for the 2nd I found there was alot of older childern powering over the small childern and there was not alot of order in this schoole small childern are subjected to alot of things they are too young to see I transfered my daughter to another school.

This school is very below standards. It doesn't prepare out children to achieve greatness. Our children cannot compete with children around the globe. Two of my children attend this poor performing school.

my child goes there it is a exelent school

I like this school alot, It has a free afterschool program that many East Orange Schools didn't have especially for single moms that need those types of programs

I am sorry to admit this school wasn't a walk in the park for my son Denzel. The teachers very much slacked their job. The science fair projects were a disgrace. My son did not enjoy his 6th grade year here but we are hoping 7th to be the best.

Last modified Whitney E. Houston Academy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.