PK-8 & Ungraded
East Orange, NJ

Posted August 31, 2012
This school is horrible my daughter broke her in that school. I wish they would just put it for six to eight graders.

Posted August 31, 2012
Hello, i used to go to whiney E. Houston Academy i was there from 4th grade form 8th grade. the reson i went to houston was i was a bron with speech problems and houston was the only school in the east orange who had a program for me. i love the school because the teacher would stay on top of u and sure u no the work that bein teach. the suff is friendly and careing. the school is a performing art school from pk-5 u would have arts,drama,dance,music,tech, olny once a week and from 6-8 u would have a major. with the same principal and a new VP ans the samee sprits i would not be where im am now . i learn and enjoy a lot from this school i hope u do to

Posted January 18, 2012
not a good school staff are not friendly at all, have this crazy thing about students being late even if the parents are with them no respect for parents at all can't wait to take my child out

Posted December 02, 2011
This school is horrible. My son went here for 1 year. First, it is NOT a performing arts school. They might have music or drama once a week if that. The school is falling apart and in horrible shape. The students use the worse language I have ever heard! Bullying, name calling and cursing are a norm. The principle has been there forever and does nothing. The vice principles hands are tied in policies. My son has never been in a fight before this school. During his year, I have heard stories of cops being called, children getting beat up in bathrooms, closets, hallways, you name it! I had to go to the board of education for answers and action. I pulled my son out of that so called "school" and he his now thriving and on the honor roll in a REAL performing arts school.

Posted April 21, 2010

Posted December 12, 2008

Posted November 03, 2008
This school is a stepping stone on my children's path to success. The teachers have helped to solidify the foundation that was already laid out from home. My children have done outstanding work under the guided leadership of the administration and the teachers. I love this school and would recommend it to anyone, especially for the arts.

Posted October 30, 2008
My daughter attended this school for the 1st grade and for 3 weeks for the 2nd I found there was alot of older childern powering over the small childern and there was not alot of order in this schoole small childern are subjected to alot of things they are too young to see I transfered my daughter to another school.

Whitney E. Houston Academy Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2008

Whitney E. Houston Academy Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2008

Whitney E. Houston Academy Elementary School
215 Dodd St, East Orange, NJ  07017
Last modified Whitney E. Houston Academy Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitney E. Houston Academy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top