PK-5 & Ungraded
East Orange, NJ

Posted December 17, 2008
WAM is a very educated and unique school, right now im in 8a and although our district is poor we still try our hardest. And WAM was the top school in East Orange we where unstopable until Ms. Ville left and the district started to get bad so sso did we. I hear it all the time ' Wam was the bomb we had perty's all the time we can actualluy raise money and we even performed at NJPAC a couple of times becasue we were just that good. Anyway i guess what im trying to say is WAM was a good school well it still is but we need alotttttt of progress from what it used to be. But dont worry it'll be back on top someday.

Posted November 16, 2007

Cicely Tyson Com Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2007

Cicely Tyson Com Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2006
I think that the second writer is very much wrong in my opinion because I'm in 8a right now and I'm doing much better in this school than any other I've went to but that's my opinion and all the teachers I had are very great at what they are teaching us students.

Posted March 24, 2006

Cicely Tyson Com Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2006
The quality of the education is okay. For the district, WAM is one of the better ones. It's a charter school focusing on music. My third grader is being challenged, especially in math and writing. She just got her most recent report card and has improved from five 'B''s and three 'A''s to seven 'A''s and two 'B''s. Her teachers are good. The best one and her favorite, Mrs. Brown has moved to another state. My first grader is doing well with straight 'A''s. Although her level of interest in school has dipped a bit. The issuse that I have with the school distict is lack of extra -curricular activities, like sports. They don't really offer any. Athough, girl scouts was just offered this year. Additionally, the schools is not diverse, but then again neither is the city. There are better schools out there. Parental involvement is good.

Cicely Tyson Com Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2005
This school is one of the worst I have ever dealt with because of leadership. The teaching staff works hard for the most part, but has been put down by administrators. Send your children elsewhere.

Cicely Tyson Com Elementary School
45 North Arlington Street, East Orange, NJ  07018
Last modified Cicely Tyson Com Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cicely Tyson Com Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top