Bad
Good

It's a great school with a great support system for their students . you enter the school you can see how focused and determined the students are to better them selves.

I am an alumnus of Cicely Tyson High and I would like to express how wonderful this school truly is. After starting my Freshman year in college I can say with confidence that Cicely Tyson has prepared me and my fellow alumni for college and the real world. In addition to helping their students improve academically. Tyson also instills a positive self concept in all their students. Without this school and the love for the ARTS I don t know where some of the students in my class would have been. But I know where they are now on the road to success, leadership, and endless opportunities. Class of 2014 lol it has only been a few months and I kind of miss that school.

I go to this school for middle school and its soo fun .also, the teachers and students are great .

This school has a great academic program. Students who have the ability to Become professional dancers, singers and performing artists. it also has good state testing scores. My son is in the band and got a Standing ovation from Ciecely Tyson. I am proud of what this school is accomplishing in this area. Please support them so that they can improve.

It has Greater Potential . Wish they would find ways to make learning more exciting , or at least be somewhat interested in our opinion.

This is a great school but it has many trouble makers and detract ions that take away the students focus and some of the teachers don't give all the support that is needed for the kids that need it . I use to attended but there was many trouble makers that change good students into bad ones and the concequences don't seem to help as much. But I know that the kids like me are very promising young talented people

I have mixed feelings about this school, but I will give it 4 stars. This school has great potential. It has improved over the years. It has some great teachers and staff. The kids are truly talented. Office staff is good, LOVE LOVE LOVE the new principal Ms. Champagne. If anyone takes the school places I think it will be her. We'll see. I thought Dr. Cowan would, but the school did not really thrive when he was there. The Guidance Counselors are wonderful, Ms. Evans is amazing. Now, that all being said, I still don't think the school has reached the caliber that it should, not yet. There are still kids in the school who cause trouble. They don't deserve to be there if they are troublemakers and bullies. To me the school will reach its full potential if they get rid of the ones who make learning difficult for others, because of their behavior. And yes there are some teachers there too who REALLY need to get it together, but honestly, I think Ms. Champagne will handle it. My kids love the school, and I think once they really get EVERYTHING together, the school will truly be a force to be reckoned with. And I think they are working towards that.

My son entered Cicely Tyson School last September as a sixth grader. I have been extremely pleased with the entire staff. I cannot say enough about the level of support and extra assistance that have been offered to him and also to me as a parent. His teachers have always been willing to call, email or meet with me if I had any questions or concerns. We have had a very positive experience and I look forward to the same in the future.

I really would like to go to this school but i would like to know the following questions.....Do you have to live in East Orange to attend this school?, If you have to audition when do you and if you do have to audition, could i audition during the summer time or is it to late?

I have four grandchildren that's in attendance at Cicely Tyson school and I must say that they are making their grandmother very proud, first with their accademics, second their choices of what they chose to do as far as their extra-curricular activities, the teachers staff and any other staff members are very helpful with students, parents and grandparents. They all have very heavy loads but they are keeping up with as well as going above and beyond what ever it is that they have to do, I am not going to complain. There need to be more parent involvement with the school and I don't see that taking place at all, but the parents will come out to a program. Come on parents where are you?

Last modified Cicely Tyson Middle/High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.