Bad
Good

Ethel McKnight Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2009
I have 3 children in the school district and my oldest has been going to Mcknight for 5 years. I've been very happy with the school. All the teachers are very qualified and experienced. There's a mix of new and old teachers but I've found them all to be insightful and supportive. I wish the class sizes were a bit smaller. And yes there isn't much time for art and music. But I think it's more important to make sure that the kids have a firm foundation on core subjects first. Each of my kids are particularly strong in certain subjects and I have found that their teachers are accordingly adjusting their lesson plans to challenge the students that want more.

Ethel McKnight Elementary School 5

Posted June 18, 2008
I know the 1st grade and the 5th grade teachers because my kids are are in their class. I am very happy to send my kids to this school since the teachers are extremely caring, well educated and respectful to the pupils. Even the administration staff is highly competent and they just know how to make the school a better place for every kid.

Posted March 11, 2008
I found the teachers quite mature and experienced. Some teachers are really great and work really hard with the class. Good luck to all the teachers and parents for doing such a great job and making EMK a better school among all the schools going forward !

Posted February 03, 2008
The Ethel McKnight School is a beautiful new school filled with a great staff of teachers and a PTA that consistantly keeps parents aware and involved. My child and my family are proud to be a part of this school.

Posted January 22, 2008
I have had nothing but positive experiences from the Ethel McKnight school principal, teachers and staff. The PTA is second to none, and is focused on providing interesting and meaningful programs for the students.

Posted August 02, 2007
I find the teachers to be quite young and inexperienced. They also seemd to have a high turnover of staff. At this point I am not very impressed. Seems most of the focus is on the english as a second language classes.

Posted March 10, 2007
I am very disappointed with this school. They seem to only teach to the state standards and nothing more. They lack any meaningful gifted or accelerated program. The principal seemed completely uninterested when asked about this. I guess this school would be ok for a child of average ability. If your child is not average I would stay away from this school. They seem to just do the minimum

Posted March 06, 2007
'This school has been a big disappointment. It is probably fine for most kids, but our 1st grader is mildly autistic and has special needs. We have found the staff to have a universal lack of understanding of autism as well as a lack of willingness to understand. We have tried to work with the school for 2 long yrs but have found no other option but to remove our son from this school system for the upcoming year. It is important to note our son has been sucussful in other programs, just not in this district.

Ethel McKnight Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2006
My daughter just started the Kindergarten program in this school. The teachers (Mrs Cox and Mrs P) have been great. Also, i am happy that we have a brand new school. Way to go Ethel McKnight

Ethel McKnight Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2005
I've found that the school's academic program generally to be sufficient. However the level of attention given to each child varied from class to class. I expected more consistance across the board no matter what class my child was in. At the first and second grade level there was not much exposure to music and art at a level my child had already been exposed to. In kindergarten she was exposed to learning notes on the piano and learning to recognize the art of historical painters and sculptors. That exposure did not exist once she attended McKnight. I must say that the parent involvement is excellent. However, I'd like to see more involvement centered around educational fun and not so much frivolous fun.

58 Twin Rivers Dr South, East Windsor, NJ  08520
Last modified Ethel McKnight Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.