PK-4 & Ungraded
Edgewater Park, NJ

Posted November 04, 2009
I know I'm a little bias but I also KNOW it's justified! Magowan Elementary is a Pre K - 4th grade building with a very diverse population of families. We are a true example of a diamond in the rough! As the communities around us face challenges with drugs, gangs and violence, students and families enter our building and soon find out there are plenty of alternatives. The sense of sincere caring is evident. Our school wide core values are to be responsible, be respectful, be caring and be safe. We take the time to teach children what we expect from them. We take the time to reinforce the expectations knowing that all children learn at a different pace. We take the time to recognize the children for their positive choices. We take the time to listen and share mutual respect with children and parents. We take the time to plan fun, exciting activities that unite our entire school community. While taking time for all of these important steps in creating an exceptional school, our staff is truly dedicated to delivering the strongest academic programs possible. Our teachers and support staff are hungry for knowledge and initiate implementation of instructional techniques proven to be best practice. Our school motto is 'Together We Can!' I can tell you with confidence, these are not just words at Magowan! We are a school team and family filled with pride, passion and sincere caring for what we do and who we serve! Sometimes kids say it all... 'MAGOWAN ROCKS!' Thank you for recognizing schools!!

Posted November 04, 2009
I have visited Magowan Elementary School and I was so impressed with the administration, staff and students. It is an exceptional learning environment that works diligently to educate it's students through positive leadership and the reinforcement of successful behaviors.

Posted November 03, 2009
We have a terrific staff of dedicated teachers who are willing and interested to try new programs. Our principal cares about the school, the staff and knows our students by name. We continue to find ways to improve that unite our school, such as Mighty Max fact of the day, uniform P/T conf scheduling, our schoolwide PBSIS ticket program that rewards postive behavior, clearly identified benchmarks for success that extend across grade levels and more...Our kids are in a safe school and know they are cared about and supported. Thank you!

Magowan Elementary School 0

Posted July 11, 2009
This is a wonderful school. I am very pleased with the curriculum and the teaching methods. My son is 7-years old and has been attending the school since kindergarten, he will begin 2nd grade and he has learned so much. I am very happy the school teaches the children, at an early age, a second language (Spanish).

Posted April 07, 2006
This school is a great one! My child attend PK and they encourage a lot of parent interraction and they have the time to work with the children. Small class sizes and very good teachers that care.

Magowan Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2006

Magowan Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2006
- a administrator

Magowan Elementary School
405 Cherrix Avenue, Edgewater Park, NJ  08010
Last modified Magowan Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magowan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top