Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The class of 2015 had the best test scores in the diocese, beating St Francis. My child earned scholarships to local Catholic high schools and is now in honors and sophmore level classes as a freshman. The robotics program is top notch, an amazing learning experience focused on developing personal skills, not only winning awards. Thank you SMS 6th, 7th and 8th grade teachers.

Our school reflects the many faces and faiths of our community. We share our love of learning and our values and celebrate what makes each of us unique. We offer a STREAM program (science, technology, religion, engineering, art, and math) and Google Classroom, with all it entails, and Chromebooks. Our school boasts a Robotics team and some of the highest test scores in the Diocese. We also offer band, art, basketball, and soccer. One current 8th grader was just notified that she is the one and only recipient of a full, 4-year scholarship to one of the most prestigious schools in New York City. In a small environment where every child knows every other child from PK-8, as do the parents, our children have highly honed interpersonal skills that will serve them well in high school, college, and beyond. Children blossom here. I know mine have...

I put my son in this school in 1st grade and we were coming from knollwood school in piscataway.We were very disappointed in knoll wood and our son was seriously lacking behind. Since the first day In St. Mathews our son has blossomed.The teachers and principal paid extra attention to his needs and they were very nurturing .This school is the best thing that happened to my son.

This school fails in math subject in every level. My 2 kids, one went to college, and failed the math portion of the entrance college exam. The other one who is currently in college is failing statistics due to the bad mathematics teaching in this school. They change teachers all the time. Principal left. Secretary left. Turnover is pretty quick. Tuition expensive. You are better off putting your kids to public school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Public schools give more paperwork and homework. This school has a lot of free time.

St. Matthew School is the best school in the diocese. It has a long history of success. Our alumni are doing excellent job in high school; not only academically, but morally and spiritually as well. The administration and faculty are the most caring group of people who treat our children like their own. The community is bonded like real families. We are so happy we made the right choice of sending our child to St. Matthew School.

I have two boys who attended St Matthew since Kindergarten. I could not be happier with the education and values they have received. My oldest is a freshman in High School getting straight A's while his younger brother is a member of the eighth grade class that just scored the highest Math, Reading and English standardized test grades of any school in the diocese.

We have been part of St Matthew community since 2003. Placing our children in St. Matthew School was the best decision we made. It is here that they have not only received a top notch education, but have also learned what it means to give back to their community, be accepting of others and to be nurtured in a faith filled environment. The connection the children have with their teachers and the administration is what every parent would hope for. It is a very special place!

I am a member of St. Matthew the Apostle Parish and am currently serving on the School Advisory Council. Prior to being on the Council, I really didn't know much about St. Matthew School. Since I've been on the Council, I have learned a lot. For example, the Terra Nova (standardized test) scores from 2014 placed St. Matthew School first in Reading, second in Mathematics, and third in Reading of all the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Metuchen. Performances from past years have been similar. Although too much weight is placed on standardized test scores, it is a fact of life and important to know that St. Matthew School produces students that score very well on these tests. Small class size and the familial, welcoming atmosphere at St. Matthew School are very attractive features one should be looking for in a school for their children. St. Matthew School produces well-rounded students, grounded in faith, morals, and good citizenship. I am proud to be a member of the St. Matthew School Advisory Council.

Saint Matthew School is a nurturing environment where students are encouraged and challenged to learn on a daily basis. The teachers care greatly for the students. The personalized class and teaching styles of the teachers help each and every student, regardless of their level. The family atmosphere is second to none. We are beyond happy with the education our 3rd grader gets!

Last modified St. Matthew School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8