PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

St. Matthew School 4

Posted February 02, 2016
I put my son in this school in 1st grade and we were coming from knollwood school in piscataway.We were very disappointed in knoll wood and our son was seriously lacking behind. Since the first day In St. Mathews our son has blossomed.The teachers and principal paid extra attention to his needs and they were very nurturing .This school is the best thing that happened to my son.

St. Matthew School 1

Posted December 25, 2015
This school fails in math subject in every level. My 2 kids, one went to college, and failed the math portion of the entrance college exam. The other one who is currently in college is failing statistics due to the bad mathematics teaching in this school. They change teachers all the time. Principal left. Secretary left. Turnover is pretty quick. Tuition expensive. You are better off putting your kids to public school.

St. Matthew School
Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted December 18, 2015
Public schools give more paperwork and homework. This school has a lot of free time.

Posted June 14, 2015
St. Matthew School is the best school in the diocese. It has a long history of success. Our alumni are doing excellent job in high school; not only academically, but morally and spiritually as well. The administration and faculty are the most caring group of people who treat our children like their own. The community is bonded like real families. We are so happy we made the right choice of sending our child to St. Matthew School.

Posted April 22, 2015
I have two boys who attended St Matthew since Kindergarten. I could not be happier with the education and values they have received. My oldest is a freshman in High School getting straight A's while his younger brother is a member of the eighth grade class that just scored the highest Math, Reading and English standardized test grades of any school in the diocese.

Posted November 18, 2014
We have been part of St Matthew community since 2003. Placing our children in St. Matthew School was the best decision we made. It is here that they have not only received a top notch education, but have also learned what it means to give back to their community, be accepting of others and to be nurtured in a faith filled environment. The connection the children have with their teachers and the administration is what every parent would hope for. It is a very special place!

Posted October 03, 2014
I am a member of St. Matthew the Apostle Parish and am currently serving on the School Advisory Council. Prior to being on the Council, I really didn't know much about St. Matthew School. Since I've been on the Council, I have learned a lot. For example, the Terra Nova (standardized test) scores from 2014 placed St. Matthew School first in Reading, second in Mathematics, and third in Reading of all the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Metuchen. Performances from past years have been similar. Although too much weight is placed on standardized test scores, it is a fact of life and important to know that St. Matthew School produces students that score very well on these tests. Small class size and the familial, welcoming atmosphere at St. Matthew School are very attractive features one should be looking for in a school for their children. St. Matthew School produces well-rounded students, grounded in faith, morals, and good citizenship. I am proud to be a member of the St. Matthew School Advisory Council.

Posted October 01, 2014
Saint Matthew School is a nurturing environment where students are encouraged and challenged to learn on a daily basis. The teachers care greatly for the students. The personalized class and teaching styles of the teachers help each and every student, regardless of their level. The family atmosphere is second to none. We are beyond happy with the education our 3rd grader gets!

Posted June 23, 2014
St. Matthew School is the best kept secret in Edison. In this school children from PreK through 8th grade grow and learn in an environment that promotes respect, cooperation, and academic excellence. Each child is taught everyone is unique and can achieve their personal best by working hard and having fun learning and developing together. Each staff member, beginning with the principal, leads by example and continues to steer the students toward achieving their goals academically, socially and spiritually. I recommend St. Matthew's wholeheartedly and speak from experience as both of my children attended this school from preK through 8th grade. They are now successfully attending private high schools in all honors classes and they credit much of their success to the foundation they received at St. Matthew's. It's a wonderful school and a great choice for your child.

Posted November 07, 2013
We started at St. Matthews in Kindergarten when the public schools went to 1/2 day. We felt like we needed a full day classroom environment for my daughter and this school was close and affordable. At the time we thought we would do 1 year and then consider the public school system again. After the first year we made friends and were active in the school community. The teachers are great and my daughter has enjoyed every year so far and is doing very well. The school is a bit behind some of the others when it comes to technology but that is what I do for a living so she gets plenty of that at home. Overall my wife and I really enjoy the school and being part of a vibrant community of parents and kids that surround it. I rated parent involvement high but that is for the parents of the grade my daughter is in now. I do know that some of the other grades do not have the same level of parent involvement.

St. Matthew School