Posted November 18, 2014
We have been part of St Matthew community since 2003. Placing our children in St. Matthew School was the best decision we made. It is here that they have not only received a top notch education, but have also learned what it means to give back to their community, be accepting of others and to be nurtured in a faith filled environment. The connection the children have with their teachers and the administration is what every parent would hope for. It is a very special place!

Posted October 03, 2014
I am a member of St. Matthew the Apostle Parish and am currently serving on the School Advisory Council. Prior to being on the Council, I really didn't know much about St. Matthew School. Since I've been on the Council, I have learned a lot. For example, the Terra Nova (standardized test) scores from 2014 placed St. Matthew School first in Reading, second in Mathematics, and third in Reading of all the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Metuchen. Performances from past years have been similar. Although too much weight is placed on standardized test scores, it is a fact of life and important to know that St. Matthew School produces students that score very well on these tests. Small class size and the familial, welcoming atmosphere at St. Matthew School are very attractive features one should be looking for in a school for their children. St. Matthew School produces well-rounded students, grounded in faith, morals, and good citizenship. I am proud to be a member of the St. Matthew School Advisory Council.

Posted October 01, 2014
Saint Matthew School is a nurturing environment where students are encouraged and challenged to learn on a daily basis. The teachers care greatly for the students. The personalized class and teaching styles of the teachers help each and every student, regardless of their level. The family atmosphere is second to none. We are beyond happy with the education our 3rd grader gets!

Posted June 23, 2014
St. Matthew School is the best kept secret in Edison. In this school children from PreK through 8th grade grow and learn in an environment that promotes respect, cooperation, and academic excellence. Each child is taught everyone is unique and can achieve their personal best by working hard and having fun learning and developing together. Each staff member, beginning with the principal, leads by example and continues to steer the students toward achieving their goals academically, socially and spiritually. I recommend St. Matthew's wholeheartedly and speak from experience as both of my children attended this school from preK through 8th grade. They are now successfully attending private high schools in all honors classes and they credit much of their success to the foundation they received at St. Matthew's. It's a wonderful school and a great choice for your child.

Posted November 07, 2013
We started at St. Matthews in Kindergarten when the public schools went to 1/2 day. We felt like we needed a full day classroom environment for my daughter and this school was close and affordable. At the time we thought we would do 1 year and then consider the public school system again. After the first year we made friends and were active in the school community. The teachers are great and my daughter has enjoyed every year so far and is doing very well. The school is a bit behind some of the others when it comes to technology but that is what I do for a living so she gets plenty of that at home. Overall my wife and I really enjoy the school and being part of a vibrant community of parents and kids that surround it. I rated parent involvement high but that is for the parents of the grade my daughter is in now. I do know that some of the other grades do not have the same level of parent involvement.

St. Matthew School 1

Posted July 17, 2012
Not a Catholic population. As practicing Catholics, my sons were the minority in each class. Education was sub par. I did a lot of 1:1 instruction with my boys to compensate. Few of us paid full tuition while others "need based" ( unemployed by choice) went for free. Tough call as the schools in Edison are so undesirable. Best advice is to move out of town. We did. Much happier.

Posted October 07, 2010
I love St. Matthew School because is a safe, loving, caring environment where the theachers motivate students to do better. The students are happy and eager to go to school. My daughter transfer in second grade and from he very first day she felt happy and welcomed. There is great parent involvement and we all want to make the school a better place.

Posted April 28, 2010

St. Matthew School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
St Matthews is a great place to send your children. The new principal has done a nice job this year enhancing programs and continuing to build Christian values. The education provided is top notch. My daughter who now is in high school outperforms her peers in math do to the great foundation provided at St Matthews. The school and campus have plenty of room and are well maintained. There is a balance throughout the year of high work levels and fun activities for the children. The access via the computer to homework and grades is wonderful. My son returns home every day with the correct amount of homework and activities. Both of my children have developed a network of long life friends. When my daughter returns to visit she is literally welcomed with open arms

St. Matthew School 0

Posted November 10, 2009
St. Matthew's is the gem in an area of mediocre schools. It has a long history of success (just talk to any alumni) and with the new administration the academics are even more challenging. Still, the faculty continues the nurturing environment Catholic schools are known for. The area public schools are subpar - Edison High School has been threatened with a State Takeover because of low standardized test scores. Some negative comments on this board come from parents who were asked to leave (check their spelling and grammar!) You won't find a better education in central New Jersey than at St. Matthew's!

St. Matthew School