PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I would definitely recommend this school! My child's formal education has taken place at St. Helena School and I am very satisfied with the continued progress that has been achieved over the years. The school continually strives to add the latest technology to the curriculum. There is clear communication about what is expected, and the teachers know the children and can provide specific direction when needed. For a school to be successful, there must be respectful, open lines of communication between the parents and the teachers, and I have found this to be the case. If subjects need to be discussed in detail about a child, the teachers are available through email and notes. Meetings can be scheduled between the parent and teacher if necessary. I believe that the teachers and the principal take the education and care of each student to heart.

Great teachers, a welcoming community, and many friendly parents who take the time to greet each other during pickup. I think the amount of homework given is fair to a little much, but better a little too much homework than too little. My spouse and I appreciate the smaller, warmer environment of St. Helena's over the overwhelming nature of the local public schools. What we appreciate most, however, is how dedicated the teachers are at St. Helena's, and how responsive the teachers are to the needs of the children and concerns of the parents. We plan on keeping our kids at this school all the way through 8th grade. I'm rating this school 4 stars instead of 5 because one of the office staff members is often rude to parents, but the rest of the office staff is professional.

Let me just say that this website is absolutely ridiculous. We are not ordering a hamburger at a local restaurant, and if you discount a school based on accusations of disgruntled parents then you may be missing out on a wonderful experience. Every school is different and every child has different needs. That is why I feel this website provides no substantial value whatsoever. But since I have read some reviews I will share my opinion. I sent my first daughter to St. Helena 15 years ago. She is nowt a second year student at NYU and recalls that the best times of her life were when she was a student at St. Helena. I now have a second child there who is 10 years old and is so happy to go to school each day. The teachers and the principal are caring and dedicated to each student. I am not hung up on how far ahead or behind we are in the curriculum because that is all relative. Did I mention my daughter is at NYU? If your child gets reprimanded and you are not happy with that, maybe you are not doing what needs to be done at home. And if you get reprimanded as a parent that may be a sure sign that you child isn't getting the proper example as well.

We are so pleased with the school. It is a family atmosphere, the teachers are approachable and caring. The carriculim is challenging and the activities Are great.

St. Helena's is a wonderful school. The school is safe, structured and academically sound. The facility is maintained well -it is clean, bright, and spacious. My son has had some wonderful teachers over the years. Just to name a few, Mrs. O'Brien, Miss. Biondillilo, and Mrs. Antorino are truly exceptional. They have and continue to make a lasting impression on him. Without a doubt, these teachers are always prepared, organized, and committed to the betterment of the children. The school fosters a healthy and friendly interaction even between the families. I've gotten to know many other moms and we oftentimes communicate throughout the day and on weekends. The school is very well balanced. Overall, my son is happy there --and that is what's most important.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are very hands on. They email you if they see a drop in grades or feel any reason for concern. I like that. They address issues before anything gets out of hand.

Amount of homework: Agree

It is well-balanced. Some teachers give more homework than others.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

very nice teachers. My daughter's teachers Mrs Biondilillo, Mrs Latch, Mrs Antorino are all amazing and wok hard with their students..all other teachers also take this very seriously and treat parents nicely

nice, reachable staff, amazing teachers,very dedicated principal

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There were more senior and better teachers but the Vice-Principal who is chosen is very unprofessional

Last modified St Helena School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8