PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Both of my kids attended St. Helena. My family has been a part of this parish for years. The standards for the children at this school are high, both academically and behaviorally. Your children will get a good amount of homework every day. Also, your children will get summer homework, and it will be substantial. The school is more secure than other schools we've been a part of. Also, the parents are generally friendlier to each other and each other's children than other schools we've been a part of. As for the teachers, the ones who taught our children were great--enthusiastic, professional, and good at what they do. There is one long-time first grade teacher who could show a little more decorum and professionalism. Otherwise, my spouse and I would have nothing but positive things to say about the teachers here. One sticking point that prevents us from giving this school 5 stars is our interactions with the principal. The principal here speaks to parents in a disrespectful tone, including right in front of your kids. Despite this, the principal then spends several minutes during assemblies lecturing parents as to how they should raise more respectful children. The only time my spouse and I were angered by this school was after interacting with its principal, so we avoided her as much as possible. Overall, we have only good things to say about this school, except for how its principal speaks to parents.

Very Secure, School is on lock down and you have to be verified and buzzed in to enter.

So disappointed with our whole experience at St. Helena School. My son is in kindergarten and was so very excited to start school in September. Unfortunately, due to the overall negative environment there, he was left with a horrible first impression about school. His teacher, though nice as a person, was very negative in her tone while talking to her students and caused him to be more fearful and dread school more than anything else. The principal is also very negative with her tone and does not even entertain parent complaints for a second. Instead she reprimands parents like she is speaking with the students in her school. I regret sending my son there! In addition to the negative environment, the academics are below public school standards. If you are concerned with wonderful penmanship which is the focus, this is the school for you. If you are concerned with creative writing, self-steem building and fostering the enthusiasm for learning I urge you to look elsewhere!.......disgusted and disappointed parent

The teachers at St. Helena know each student individually, even if they don't personally teach the student. The school is a close knit environment and has a great reputation with past students. In fact, some students are children and grandchildren of alumni.

We have been disappointed just like other parents. Our child is in kindergarten and he is really suffering a lot since last few months. Just like other kids, he was happy and excited when he start the school but now a days, he do refuse to go to school every day. I know it is not his fault but he is scared to go to school and face the same staff, who has been humiliated him several time. We never raise the issue to staff teachers or principal but I am sure, it won t make any difference. We spoiled our child one year in this school. He would have gain a lot by going to any other public or private school. Save your money, time and child s feature

My son is in pre-k there, and all I can say is SAVE YOUR MONEY and don't send your kids there. It seams that they go out of their way to make your life difficult!. They can't never work with you and the principal is an old lady really set up on her ways. The parents have cero access to the teachers, you feel that they don't know you or your child. I'm really upset with the school. I can't wait for the year to be over so I can take him out of there.

I don't usually do reviews but I stumbled upon this site and saw a negative review of Mrs. Monteleone, a PreK teacher at St. Helena School, I totally do not agree to it and I am sure the same goes for other parents whose child was in her class. Mrs. Monteleone was my child's PreK teacher. She is very supportive, encouraging and helpful to the children. She makes studying in PreK fun. My child always looks forward to going to school everyday and up to this day remembers the happy memories from their PreK class. She is very much loved by her students.

I transferred my son to St. Helena two years ago after watching him sink academically and socially at his former school. The academic and social strides that he has made at St. Helena can only be described as phenomenal. The administration and staff, work brilliantly together to encourage, challenge, meet and exceed the needs of each student The facility is state of the art, the curriculum, cutting edge, and extra activities abound. The Pastor is present and involved. Principal is a wonderful listener and communicator and her love and devotion to the children and school gives off its own light. Parental involvement is always welcomed and encouraged.

Outstanding young teachers. These new teachers are truly into teaching the children and yet allowing them to have fun along the way. Wouldn't go to any other school I thanks Sr. Charles and Father Anthony for bringing new blood into the school . All of the teachers are outstanding. If the children are kept interested in their class they will learn and make it a pleasant experience for themselves also..

I would not recommend this school. My son went to Kindergarten and teacher started emphasizing to repeat KG. I was concerned that end of the school year she is recommending like this. When I asked what would be different if my son repeats KG she started talking some special programs. When I asked why didn't she enroll my son this year or informed me about this program she didn't have any answer. When I spoke to principle she was talking about standards etc. Same day, I went to another school and enrolled my son there. Please be careful before spending thousands of dollars.

Last modified St Helena School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8