Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Edison High School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted January 03, 2016
If a child does not have these values (honesty, integrity and fairness), by freshman year, it is going to be very difficult for EHS, or any high school for that matter, to develop the child. These attitudes should have been learned at HOME and reinforced in school!

Edison High School 3

Posted January 03, 2016
I think EHS is typical of a NJ high school. My daughter graduated from EHS in 2008 with honors. On the other hand, I sent my son to St. Joe's because I felt that he would fall through the cracks at EHS. My children are 2 very different personalities...my daughter would be a professional student if that were possible and my son would not bother to go to class if that were possible. The point is that all kids have different needs, and with the overcrowding and diversity, I don't believe that the teachers have the ability to meet those needs.

Edison High School 5

Posted September 22, 2015
very successful school in a perfect neighborhood in the prestigious north edison school district. builds great caracter in students and offers great education in a competitive environment.

Edison High School 3

Posted February 05, 2015
Not the best high school out there, but it is definitely improving. It has a good learning environment and immense diversity of students. The teachers are understanding and cooperative, but other staff are often rude. The school provides a huge amount of facilities and is technologically advanced. Overall, a decent high school to study in.

Posted June 19, 2014
Edison High School from the teacher right up to the principal are very bad communicators. All they care about is their Pay Checks. The teachers give very liitle extra help to their student that very much need the help. This school and the teacher need pick it up in every Category you can think of as educators.

Edison High School 5

Posted September 10, 2013
My high school has a very excellent educational program for our students. They has the up to date technology for student to learn.

Edison High School 2

Posted April 14, 2013
High school sucks in general but I have to admit that Edison High School was the worst four years of my life. I was terribly depressed throughout my entire high school career because of it. First of all, it is way too overcrowded, there were too many fights, and the staff picked favorites. You basically feel like nobody cares about you. In all my four years, no one staff member was ever friendly or polite to me, they spent all their time focusing on the bad kids and the kiss ups. I felt like you couldn't even look at someone in the wrong way or you'd get attacked/ accused of something. I'm glad it's over but I have to admit it was an experience. If anything, it was a struggle at best.

Edison High School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
The school is very crowded; the hall traffic is problematic. Office staff is very irritated all the time. They pretty much forget you exist after about a second. Drug are very prevalent. Smoking is an issue. The people are often not very nice. Violence is high, particularly in the freshman class. Dropouts and class cutting are rampant. I hear about expulsion a lot. Heavy favoritism is played. I've never met a student who wasn't dissatisfied. Most of my teachers are good people and understand an have passion for their subject but are quite lousy at reiterating it to students. Overall, Edison high is unpleasant but not unbearable.

Posted November 17, 2011
Terrible school, no question about it. If you want your child to make it to a college other than Middlesex Community College, don't expect to get any help from anyone at Edison High. At best they can prepare you for a vocational school or a county college, if they try hard, which is rarely the case. From Principal to teachers to Guidance Staff, most of them are inapt at guiding parents and children through the college application process. They are not trained nor they care about Naviance and/or Common Application - the two essential tools used by most colleges today. We believe Edison High staff is stuck in 1960s. We support Gov Christy's efforts to curb these teacher unions that are destroying this town, state and country.

Posted November 23, 2010
EHS is a terrible school. Both my daughter and my son graduated from there. My daughter hated it there and now is happy in college. After my care free son was assaulted there as a Freshman he became not so nice and not so friendly any longer, can't blame him. The teachers at EHS are liars, inept, and uncaring for the most part. If your child is not the perfect "A" student All-American kid then your child will not do well there. EHS's office staff are crude and uncaring as well as most of the teachers and all of the coaches.

Edison High School
50 Blvd Of The Eagles, Edison, NJ  08817
Last modified Edison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.