6-8 & Ungraded
Edison, NJ

Posted October 21, 2014
I can very easly make friends in this school. This place is awsome! In ss, A A A A A A A A A A A A and so on with those a's. The teachers don't go 'bla bla bla bla bla bla bla!' The speak like regular humans:) We get to do projects( in MY science class) no more than 3 HW's for me:|)

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted April 09, 2014
TJ Teachers can be extremely helpful. The new Administration and Superintendent are soooo focused on TESTING, the teachers don't get to "teach" much. The principal is just focused on testing, doesn't leave her office much. Unless it's to discipline, or intimidate students, staff, and parents. She has very little interaction with others, and the vice-principal is just...."there." Things need to change.

Posted December 19, 2013
TJMS principal refused to support the school soccer team coach and the players when WWMS soccer coach made false allegations of roughing the players against the TJMS soccer team after TJMS beat WWMS first time in many years. In addition, the principal also disciplined the soccer team by suspending some of the players for the rest of the season. Because of that TJMS ended up losing their remaining games. Is this how a principal should support her own soccer team? What a sports friendly person she is!

Posted December 18, 2013
I hated this school so much. I got bullied by the girls at my lunch table because guess what? You have assigned seating at lunch and they call you up by table. So if your table is called last you only get 5 minutes to eat. Not even joking about the time. The teachers were okay but I didn't really understand what they were teaching. The only teacher's that were really nice were the gym teachers and my chorus teacher. The chorus teacher was the best! The school is confusing with the the whole AB day thing. Overall, this school stinks.

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 4

Posted September 14, 2013
TJ is a great school to go to and so much fun! The teachers are nice and very helpful. Over all this school rocks!

Posted April 17, 2013
When I was there last year I was the scapegoat for others misdoings and when I discussed it with the "Friendly" teachers and principal they ignored me and in future instances they became biased in every situation following our discussion. Not only this but their were many fights making it an unsafe learning environment also I personally saw several students with knives when this was reported not only by me but by several other students and nothing was done about it. also I witnessed certain teachers observe other students disobeying many of the rules and not say or do anything about it. Overall i would rate this school a 1 out of 10 due to the repeated infractions of the rules that i have personally witnessed. This makes me overjoyed to say that I am no longer attending this school.

Posted January 27, 2010
this school is amazing, i have only been here for 2 years since i was a new student last year and everyone was nice. the teachers are amazing. they would help you in anything.

Posted January 26, 2009
It's my first year here at TJ, and I got a warm welcome! My teachers are all really nice! Even though when I came to this school, I knew only 1/4 of the school, I made new friends easily! No matter if they went to Lincoln, Washington, Lindeneau, or John Marshall with me, we all got along and became one whole big group of friends! I wonder how my next 2 years here are going to be like...

Posted December 19, 2008
Amazing school with great a great music program, sports pragram, and clubs. Outsatanding number of school spirt and not a single strand of bulling. Plus the most fun and creative yet stirct teachers. This is my third year here and I dont want to leave it.

Posted June 21, 2008
excellent! very strict yet fun

Thomas Jefferson Middle School
450 Division Street, Edison, NJ  08817
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top