No rating

Little Flower Montessori School

Private | PK-2

Living in Edison

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $233,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,640.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted March 27, 2014

Excellent School,Owners are Truly dedicated to the children,The best Montessori School by far in the area.

Posted March 27, 2014

I am a former\ Montessori Teacher. This school provides a solid Montessori education. the parents have been very pleased with the teachers, the Director and the administration. The children learn a lot and participate in a wide variety of activities/projects inspire creativity. Being a part of this school provides a sense of community like we are one family. The mission of Little Flower Montessori School is to prepare each child, pre kindergarten through elementary to achieve his or her full moral, spiritual and intellectual potential in a safe and nurturing Montessori environment.. The large classrooms are not cramped and all the classrooms are well montessori equipped, there is a large play ground well secured and ample parking,close to the train station. there will be Little Flower Montessori 2 in near future. Please go and take a tour here, you will see what sets us apart from all of the rest!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 11, 2013

We accepted enrollment on the pretense that construction would be completed in the time frame provided. We took all the steps required to make sure we can open on time but there were circumstances beyond our control which delayed all inspections. Also note that with the government shut down that occurred further delayed our progress. By a parent request we opened up a later session that ran from 3-5:45pm to help accommodate the parents. Early on in October, we suggested to parents that it might be time to look elsewhere for care and would have no problems returning their deposit and registration. If they still had faith in us, we would love to have them back once we have finally opened our doors in the new school. We tried to accommodate as many parents and their children the best that we could in the current building without jeopardizing the ratio which we strictly enforce. Unfortunately not everyone can be accommodated for the time slot requested. The school is strictly following the code mandated by the state which is determined by the age of the children in the classroom. It is not right to falsely state the wrong information that could damage the reputation of our school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 21, 2013

Very bad school - enrolled my son after checking few reviews..but the management is very bad. Over crowded - has been audited and they are opening a school next door for the past 3 months and it hasn't opened yet. Great Planning guys

Posted October 8, 2013

Montessori means 30 students 1 primary teacher and 1 secondary teacher?? New definition?? This is the root cause for lack of child care and cleanliness. My child clothes explains how clean the classes and premises. This is not the first school for my child and I advice school to keep premises clean, keep student and teacher ration reasonable. Now academics, poor learning system, worst than my child's previous school. Teacher do not pay any attention what the kid is doing. Teacher cannot answer any questions related to child welfare in her presence. The greatest answer by teacher was that she cannot pay attention to each individual all the time. Parents are not allowed inside the school premises during school hours, is it a correction center/jail or school? School also offers before and after care, it would suit better if they use the word warehouse or dump yard. No teachers available during before and after care(warehouse) and kids are left by themselves. It more or less staff watching them like a live stock. If this school is over rated and a child is out performed then the reason is because of the child not by the school staff. I never recommend this school to any age of child.

Posted September 30, 2013

Worst school ever...they started a new batch from 3.00pm to 5.45pm.which is neither morning nor afternoon. This is how they run a school.

Posted September 19, 2013

WORST SCHOOL they gave admission and school has not yet started they said sept 23 now saying oct 28 2013 and that also not sure weather school will open

Posted August 15, 2013

The school is overcrowded. 45 kids in one small class!!! Also, only two toilets for the 300 + students there. Focus is only on academics nothing else. Also, since the class has so many students, kids are threatened to keep quiet, otherwise they would not be able to teach anything. This really brings down the morale and creative thinking of the student. The child has to have "bubbles in your mouth", criss-cross apple sauce and hand on your knees. The child is not even allowed to touch some of the Montessori materials (there are sooo many kids there...) Please find some other good school for your child..

Posted June 24, 2013

My son joined little flower Montessori school when he was 4.5 years old (Pre-K). My son came out with flying colors and graduated from 2nd Grade few weeks ago. Had there been 3rd grade in the school, I would have continued without any hesitation. School has a great number of truly dedicated, passionate teachers who inspire their students to excel.They are willing to help and encourage the child. As a matter of fact, they have a huge potential to expand and accommodate more students by opening news sections.

Posted February 26, 2013

Go here, only if you like unpredictable schedule and blindly follow reviews. After recent AUDIT, they ordered full-day student to come for half-day. The half day students' schedules were sent notice to come only 2 or 3 times a week. If you are working parent, you and your kid cannot accommodate such drastic schedule changes. TALK to real Parents who were given such notices. Don't get fooled by the "Reputation Clean-up" i.e high-rated reviews posted by so-called Parents or Ex-employees. No doubt that the Teacher are good. However to know the real face of Management, ask the Principal about recent AUDIT!

Posted February 23, 2013

I am a parent and a former employee of Little Flower Montessori School. My child attended the school at age three, today I'm very happy and proud to say she is doing extremely well in public school, thanks to the strong educational foundation she received from this school. As an ex-employee i know for a fact that they are licensed from age 2 1/2 to 13 years old. As a teacher we were asked to keep the environment clean at all times, materials and shelves cleaned and disinfected once a week, we cleaned the tables and floors during the day even though a cleaning service cleaned every evening. The school never had any issues with the health department. As for fire exit, every classroom has one, no school will be given a license to operate if they dont have enough fire exits. The playgrounds is a large playground and there is a schedule classrooms are given in which can easily fit two classes. It is so disappointing to see the negative that is writen without any facts given. I am sure a parent who had their child educated in this school would not write such nonsense. Obviously this is an unhappy employee who left the school on not so good terms and is spredding false statements.

Posted February 22, 2013

The school is tucked in a small lane close to warehouses and such facilities. We lived less than a mile from the school and had never noticed it till our son was old enough to start school. He started there and it took him a while to settle down. The teachers were very helpful in making him feel comfortable. He now loves them dearly. The focus is very much upon learning or I did say cramming ABCs, 123s,geography,science etc. It did make me feel proud that my three year old could say the names of all the continents. But the buck stops there. The school is overcrowded. There were 28 kids in my son's class with just two teachers. I realized that only when I was assembling the goodie bag for my son's birthday. That, I felt was way too much. Also the classrooms are sort of small and I cannot imagine how so many kids were indeed accommodated. Apart from that they have absolutely no indoor play area. Every available inch is used to accommodate a child! The bottom line therefore is the teachers are sweet, the curriculum is fine. But the school is overcrowded and after the recent incident I believe the management is greedy and does not deserve to be trusted with our children.

Posted February 19, 2013

Little Flower is a very good school. My two daughter studied there. The teachers (Principal) there are excellent and very helpful. The quality and standard of education provided is high. I recommend Little Flower to all my friends

Posted February 18, 2013

This school is excellent in academics.. And I am still putting my kid in this school next year also.. The only reason I am doing this is because I believe In this school and I think that's what is more important..

Posted February 17, 2013

I am a parent and I totally support this school for everything.I am aware of the problem that occurred but I appreciate the quick action taken . I would always want my child to go there and I feel this place is very safe for my child. Talking about academics ,it is brilliant and that is what I expect for my child. I am confident that everything will be resolved very soon . I would always recommend this school .

Posted February 17, 2013

This school is very good academic wise...its really brilliant. Every parent who reads a review...actually see how the school atmosphere is and how the school is education wise....and its tidiness.... I agree with the above...good at academics...neat and tidy in school.they teach kids to be independent.Just because something happened in school doesnt mean that school in a bad position.They bought a solution immediately. Its a safe place to enroll your kid....my son is doing great in there...keep it going Little flower...

Posted February 17, 2013

My kid is studying in Little Flower Montessori School for 3+ years now. The school provides excellent academic curriculum and gives an opportunity for every child to shine well. The teachers are highly talented, very supportive and provides constant feedback. The school provides a very good atmosphere for kids to work together on various projects and gives a strong background for their overall development. I am proud that my child is studying in this school and highly recommend this school for every parent.

Posted February 17, 2013

I have been ardent fan of Little Flower Montessori School since I moved to NJ almost seven years back. This school is one of the very few schools that believe in real values of "over all development of a child." Versatility makes one valuable is all walks of life. I do not believe in kids becoming book warms as they are free to choose their own passion and excel within it. I would highly recommend this school as I value in giving every kid a fair chance to exhibit their true self.

Posted February 13, 2013

i agree to the latest post. they send out from the school in the february n very short period notice. only 3 days. how can i find the other school for those 3 days... this is too much.. we have to file the case for these

Posted February 12, 2013

Worst thing to get from the school is notice for not to send the kind anymore. That too in the month of February, for 45 Students in the class. There is a limit for greediness, not overthrowing the security of the kids. There is only one door into school and if there is any untoward incident happens, it will be a several tragedy. I did asked the Principal and she said she is taking measures,. Don't know what they are . I don't recommend and just think if your kid has to find new school in Feb/Mar, what you will do?

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 100% 9%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6 Kilmer Road