Elizabeth, NJ
Before care: Yes

Benedictine Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2014
I'm a Junior at BA & I've experienced things that make me want to warn anyone who has thought about attending. Some of the teachers &staff don't always think about what's best for us. I've had a teacher who would be nothing but rude to me because I would question her if what she said didn't make sense. I've been called a liar &been ignored by a member of their faculty. That same member has also been rude to my Mom. I've had a few friends who've had their things stolen from them. The school didn't do much about it. Though I must say, there is a close-knit relationship throughout the students, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any of the usual gossip & backstabbing. There is a big bug problem. Like, it gets disgusting. Staff/Faculty focuses more on getting as much money as possible & the Jefferson Award. The lunch is so expensive for the mess they give us. Most of the food doesn't even look like it's cooked. My friends & I have found hair in our food a couple of times& undone meals (mostly chicken nuggets & pizza). The school is a mess. It only earned 2 stars from me because of 4 teachers that are the best teachers I've had & meeting the girls that have become my best friends.

Benedictine Academy 3

Posted May 19, 2014
I am currently a freshman at BA and this year wasn't at all what I thought my freshman year of high school would be like. What I like about this school is the close knit relationships between the staff and students. This school has an average athletics department but do not have anything to accommodate them. We do not have a field... we only posses a small gym with one side of bleachers. This school in terms of maintenance is very shoddy . I have seen many roaches in my first year here and think it is very disgusting. Everything in the school building is very dated and needs to be changed. We only have a nurse one day of the week. The school is money-grubbing; they make you pay for EVERYTHING except air. Due to the lack of a sports field, cockroaches, nurses one day a week... I am considering transferring out of this school.

Posted April 08, 2014
I am a parent of a freshman at Benedictine Academy and so happy with the choice we made sending our daughter to this school. We are very happy that she is thriving in her academics as well as in her athletics. The teachers are very involved and helpful especially if the girls need extra help with their classes. The girls are very friendly and seem to get along well with one another. Great sense of pride and community. The principal is very involved and concerned that the girls are getting a great education at BA. I feel my daughter will be well prepared for college. Great little school !!!

Posted April 08, 2014
I am the proud parent of a freshman at Benedictine Academy and so happy with the choice she made in deciding to attend this school. We are very happy that she is thriving in her academics as well as in her athletics. The girls are highly motivated, independent thinkers and all are very community oriented. The curriculum is extremely challenging but the teachers are very involved and helpful especially if the girls need extra help with their classes. The girls are very friendly and seem to get along well with one another. Great sense of pride and community and the girls are driven to excel both academically and spiritually. The principal is always available, very involved and concerned that the girls are getting a great education at BA. I feel my daughter will be well prepared for college. Benedictine Academy is a great little school, what it lacks in size it makes up for in spirit and determination !!!

Posted April 08, 2014
A very well-rounded, intimate school that pushes its students to not only strive for a successful college and professional career, but also to become involved with important social issues, as well as other club and athletic opportunities. All of this is accomplished under great school leadership and in a nurturing environment based on religious and moral values.

Posted January 26, 2014
As a graduate of this school I cannot begin to tell you what a great experience I had. I felt the teachers cared about me and I was prepared for college. The all-girl environment prepared me to thrive in college and succeed in my career. It was and is a great place for young ladies who will become the global leaders of tomorrow.

Posted January 26, 2014
What an amazing hidden gem. This little school has been here for as long as I can remember. The girls always look professional leaving school and they are great part of the community. The teachers care about their students are constantly offer their help. It's so nice to have my daughter attending school here. She is nurtured and supported and she has thrived since arriving here.

Posted December 11, 2013
Great school, great academics and great girls. The girls are such lovely young ladies and welcome you to the school. The teachers are so helpful a kind, and it is a wonderful catholic school even though it is smaller then most schools you will never be left out.

Posted May 22, 2010
Every year millions of dads send their daughters off for their first day in High School. We all dread this day, but its more than worry, the significance of this day can not be overstated. It signifies a monumental step into woman hood and a much larger march of independence into this mostly crazy world. Had I known then what I now know about BA I don't think I would have worried nearly as much. The Staff at BA does a wonderful job preparing the students for life after high school, beyond college. Words fail to express my appreciation for the job they did ensuring the well being of my little girl. Principle Jennings is a man among men. Honest, caring and one hell of a leader. I put my more than my faith in BA I sent my daughter to BA. What a great move it was.

Benedictine Academy 0

Posted April 16, 2010
I find Benedictine Academy to be a very welcoming place. All students are made to feel they are part of a family. The academics are very strong: there are AP Honors classes, a Scholars Program, Medical Robotics in conjunction with N.J.I.T., and much more. The students also live their faith through many Campus Ministry service projects, reaching out to the local community and further. There are many cultural opportunities- school trips, guest speakers, etc, to round out a young woman's experience at the Academy. And, as an alumna, and now a current staff member at the school, I see that BA continues to offer an all-female college prep school experience where students develop both self confidence and leadership skills, both so valuable in today's world. The administration at BA is truly capable and committed to serving the best interests of each young woman and her family.

Benedictine Academy