PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I am currently attending Saint Genevieve's school and me and my parents both agree, it is the worst decision they ever made to put me in this poor excuse of a school. This school has done nothing but make me fall behind academically and emotionally damaged me. The other students here are wild and have 0 discipline. The teachers here don't know how to teach and resort to yelling when the students don't understand things, instead of trying to help the student. The terrible yelling "teaching style" has made me afraid to ask questions. Ive gone home crying some days because of how mean and terrible the teachers are. They're priorities are not straight and they care more about if you have nail polish on rather than if you are actually learning things. In this school you will have more religion than math and will spend more time doing useless busy work rather than doing work that you will actually learn from. Self expression is also basically banned at this school, anytime you try to be creative they will shut you down. Also, the teachers here don't care if you learn anything, as long as you are nice and sweet to them, they will give you all As. Most of the "teachers" here have no certification, and some of them don't even have college degrees. The problems here are not only academic but the school its self is falling apart. There have been out breaks of bed bugs, lice, lead paint, and they might also have lead in their water. This school does not have air conditioning, so in the summer me and my fellow students have to sit in a class room while its 90 degrees out. Also, the heater in Saint Genevieve's doesn't work properly, and students will have to resort to keeping their jackets on in class so they don't freeze. Im telling you nothing but the truth, so please, do not send your kids here if you really want them to succeed.

As for the review dated Jan 2013 I would have to disagree with this parent's comments. I have sent both my children to this school with my youngest graduating this year. Thanks to the education they both received at St Gen's not only have they both been honor students throughout their years there, they were also accepted to the private high schools of their choice. My youngest received a scholarship to her high school and my oldest was accepted to the Magnet high schools in Scotch Plains and attended a prestigious all boys prep school for high school. He is currently in college on scholarship, all thanks to the education they received and the dedication of their teachers! As for the facilities my children had access to their media center, science lab, after school clubs, sports programs, school dances ,school trips, academic competitions and student council etc. I am saddened that this parent had a bad experience with this school. Not all children and schools have the right fit but to disparage the school, students and teachers that make St Gen's a great place is highly insulting. As past reviews have said it is a great place of community and education for your children.

Do not send your children here! Most of the teachers are lacking drive, and barely any are certified, some don't even have a college degree. Many of them were just brought on as aids and given jobs when spots opened. The students are very undisiplined. So many of them have undiagnosed special needs that the staff refuses to recodnize and if they do, no good ever comes of it. It has no facilities, and structurally it is falling apart. They constantly have a new problem whether it's a bed bug infestation, abestous in the walls, or lead paint. As a former student let me tell you that you do more religon than math, and it is the main focus. Your child will be so behind compared to any student in a public school even the inner city ones. Don't do this to your child, move to a better area and send them to a school there.

I am a proud parent of a St. Genevieve student. My child has attended the school for 9 years and enjoyed every minute. The leadership at the school is superior. The faculty is dedicated and tireless. Students from St. Gen s are often the recipients of scholarships to prestigious schools. As with most private schools these days funding is often a challenge yet the school has a computer lab, a science lab, and a state of the art media center and is working on updating the electronics package in each classroom. The culture and spiritual guidance that the students receive is only rivaled by the quality of the academics. The one drawback is that there is no gymnasium, yet I would still recommend this school to anyone.

I currently attend St. Genevieve's school and it is the most spectacular school there is. I receive an education you could not possibly imagine from teachers who help me and are my friends. I couldn't imagine going to another school because I have found St. Gen's to be my home. I came looking for a good education but I found so much more than that. I find myself eager to come to school. St. Gen's is the best.

St. Gen's is a very diverse school with an outstanding academic curriculum and a welcoming spirit for everyone. Our children attended St. Gen's from Pre-K to 8th. The youngest one graduated this year. We are very happy to have made the decision to send our children to this school. Along with excellent academics, there is also a deep sense of community and teamwork. Communication at St. Gen's is always personal and parents, teachers administrators and staff, all work closely for the benefit of each child. Every child receives individual attention. The children are well educated, happy, disciplined, safe and they are always challenged to strive for greater achievents. By the time they graduate they are thoroughly ready for any top level high school.

Last modified St Genevieve School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8