No 29 Dr A Einstein Academy

Public | PK-8 & ungraded | 28 students

Posted April 10, 2014

the best school in the district.it not only gives us an opportunity to learn but also find our inner peace therefor as a student i love school 29

Posted March 26, 2014

I honestly do not understand why people complain about 29. I've been going to 29 ever since it opened but unfortunately had to move to PA due to my dad's job. As we all know Elizabeth, NJ does not have the best audience so, moving to place where I knew the kids would be more polite, I expected the school to be as great as the people. Although it's not. The school I currently go now does not have air conditioner or a heater, they have printing limits, the school is dirty, the curriculum is behind, we have to wait outside until school starts, and the whole school fights over 2 computer carts. Albert Einstein has air conditioning and a heater, the newest technology, and a far more advanced curriculum. Albert Einstein is clean, organized, and an extremely amazing school. If it wasn't for Albert Einstein I would not be where I am today, because of Albert Einstein I am currently a part of the National Junior Honor Society, a Straight A student, and a great clarinetist. Yes the school may have some flaws but every school does. I am so glad that I attended Albert Einstein Academy.

Posted October 27, 2013

This school is ok and has a very a major flaw. The teacher Ms. Alvarado as a parent, I want my child to be respected. This lady yells at the children, right at their face AND THE PARENTS! This lady is just plain rude and needs to get another hobby then yelling and hollering at children for the littlest reasons. I'm with another reviewer. FIRE MS. ALVARADO!

Posted October 25, 2013

School 29 is the best and awesome. Love the school been going there since i was in pre-k with my best friend NATALIE GARCIA. LOVE ALL MY BEST FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 14, 2012

This school is one of the best in the city. It has a strong focus in STEAM and has some creative ways of showing it. I've been a student in it since the day it opened and left in 2011. I love how there is a large focus in technology. During my time @ 29, we had many people from NASA come talking about internships, programs, and helping kids learn more about STEAM in general. I ended up in one of those programs and in Lower academy thanks to that. The teachers are really good. I can say that I have learned a lot there than at other schools and that 29 has helped me and other students become what they wanted to be.

Posted August 2, 2011

Just Excellent! I love the school, staff and it is very clean and safe. The rules are clear for everyone. Children are treated respectfully and encourage for getting success like persons and promoting the community. Let me add about Ms Alverado that I could see she was rough sometime, I didn't know why, but I can say I saw some improving on this side.

Posted August 1, 2011

Ms. Alvarado - I've had 2 encounters w this lady where she just comes up to u with an attitude, without even saying who she is, and talking to you like you were worth nothing. I have never complaint about this lady, because I know we all have our bad days. Now I guess it's just that she's menopausal all the time! because for her to have this unprofessionalism way about her is beyond me. Now that the kids are in summer school, my mother had an incident w her, and not only that she has the nerve to talk about the incident in my daughters class to her teacher. What gets me really angry is that when my daughter says "don't talk about my grandmother" she turns around and says " shut up! I'm not talking to you. Turn around & go to sleep". When this happenned it was nap time in my daughters class. This is the kind of teacher that should not be around my kids or any kid for that matter. I have not met w the principle yet, she's on vacation but this is an unsolved matter as off right now. I encourage all the parents not to stay quiet. Speak up!! People like this Ms. Alvarado should not be teaching. Its time to clean up. I say "get rid off the garbage" !!!

Posted March 25, 2010

The school has a high quality standard in terms of their faculty, facility and the curriculum program. My child is in Pre-K and she already learned to write her name, know the basic concept of math and science..for a 3 year old that is amazing!!! I saw their facility and it is very conducive and safe for learning children and the teachers are all alert and competent and in touch based with the parents.

Posted March 23, 2010

This school is excellent. I know because i was a student there from 2005 when it opened til 2009. This school is new and has the best certified teachers for the best education. They have great programs that help your children to go to Ivy league high schools. Now i'm in Lower academy, which is the highest ranked high school in Elizabeth. That's all thanks to 29.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 1, 2009

My daughter has attended AEA for three years, starting with Pre-K at age 3. So far, I am impressed with all aspects of the school. The school is clean, orderly and safe. The technology and other educational tools in the classroom are top-notch. Most importantly, the teachers work hard to teach and challenge their students; they show true dedication (special kudos to Ms. Terra and Ms. Riveira). I feel that the administration and teachers really care about my child, and I can only hope that my other children are lucky enough to get into this school.

Posted January 7, 2008

So far everything has been wonderful it is getting harder for my 1st grader academic wise. however, I believe that is a good thing it shows me that the school is challenging my child to stay at her best.

Posted November 27, 2007

My daughter, Ivanna started Kindergarten at AEA since the first day they opened their doors in January of 2006, she is now in 2nd grade. We both love the school. I am very impressed with the teachers and administrators. The teacher of Discipline, Ms. Alvarado, is stern and a no non-sense type of leader, yet very fair and kind. The teachers are great, they push the children to achieve high academic levels. The only thing I would critique is that busing can be very disorganized, I have noticed that there is chaos. And security does not enforce the front driveway where parents carelessly speed into and children have to jump out of the way. But overall, I have been completelly satified with my daughter's experience at School 29. We are sadden to leave .. moving to Texas.

Posted September 10, 2007

In think is the best place for my Daughter to stay. We both are so much happy with the school academy programs, recreation, teachers, activities, location etc etc... My daughter is so happy for been there she don't want to miss one day not even when sick that's what she told firs day school when she come back home. I hope this year we going to be rate 10

Posted July 5, 2007

Can you describe #29 in one word? I sure can- amazing! My son Daniel and my niece both went to this school for 2nd grade. The school is Pre-K through 8 and Daniel never came home from complaining or saying how he hated, which is what happened when he was at Westminster. I'm glad I sent him here.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 66% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts literacy and math, and in grades 4 and 8 in science. The NJ ASK is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 59% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 90% in 2013.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 61% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 66% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 65% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 82% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2013.

All Students58%

Not migrant78%
Limited English Proficient Current Plus Former67%
Limited English Proficient Former91%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the New Jersey Department of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students42%

Not economically disadvantaged100%
General education74%
Not migrant71%

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 58% in 2013.

n/a

n/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Biology Competency Test (NJBCT) to assess students in Biology. The New Jersey Biology Competency Test (NJBCT) is standards-based, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level on the test.

Biology I

Economically disadvantagedn/a
General educationn/a
Not migrantn/a

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

1 This rating is based on 2012-13 NJ ASK, HSPA, and/or NJBCT results from the New Jersey Department of Education.

2 This rating is based on 2012-13 Median Growth Percentiles in math and reading from from the New Jersey Department of Education.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 9%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 82%N/A34%

• Mrs Linda Seniszyn

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now