9-12 & Ungraded
Elizabeth, NJ

Posted September 28, 2012
I wrote the review dated August 2, 2012. I am so glad I put my student in a private school. We learned that the supposed best school, Lower Academy, is approximately 50% over its capacity! Do not let your child attend these schools if at all possible.

Posted June 07, 2012
Based solely on the reviews posted here by current and former students, i can say with 100% certainty that this school is NOT doing a very good job in terms of teaching, even fundamental, grammar and spelling.

Elizabeth High School 5

Posted September 17, 2011
I think Hamilton and the Upper and Lower Academies are the way to go as far as the high schools here in Elizabeth. My daughter attended Lower Academy and is now a sophomore at Upper. They are great and they really instill in our children the fundamentals to gaining more education through knowledge and aspire to continue their education past high school. There was no need for me to transfer my child out because of this.

Posted September 08, 2011
More Counselor involvement, non challenging curriculum and very low tolerant teachers. My son attends this school, loud fights, arguments in hall ways. Teachers turn blind eye, no help with lessons given. No tutoring, Nothing that want to make you get up and go to this school. Edison Technical School needs help, besides a New Building.

Elizabeth High School 4

Posted July 04, 2011
I think this school is amazing. I just graduated 2011 and i must say that this school has academic potential. most of the administrative staff must be rearranged but overall the school is magnificent. I attended to The thomas Jefferson Arts Academy and it was quite satisfactory. like i said the teaching needs improving, if that is to work the school could have an even greater reputation.

Elizabeth High School 4

Posted March 13, 2010
2010, i am a student at jefferson arts academy. Its is not that horrid or bad as most people think! i enjoy this school and have fun coming there. of course the school has it's times when fights might be involved but what school doesn't?? Don't judge the school when you know you haven't taught there or been a student! Yes the school might have low grades for HSPA but can you really blame the students fully?? A lot of the time the teachers are worse than the students, how do you think they manage to put up with them if their sooo bad?? But besides for that it's a place for memories and you make the school the way see it. I have two siblings that have already graduated the school and both say they won't regret going to jefferson.

Elizabeth High School 0

Posted March 05, 2010
I love Elizabeth high no matter what people think about it. I just graduated out of Elizabeth high class of 2009. Thanks to EHS rigous gradation requirements and education I graduated successfully and I'm attending Harvard University in the fall.

Elizabeth High School 0

Posted December 05, 2009
Your review EHS is a not a bad school. Parents are judgemental. And outsiders are clueless!!! - - 2009-12-05 I'm a sophmore on my way to being a junior in Jefferson Arts academy. So the students have a better point of veiw of what the school is like, better than most parents and faculties. For starters everyone gets use to each other over time and students don't always misbehave. We all have a different background but that doesn't prove that we turn out on the wrong side. A majority of the school is based on the 'arts'. Yes, there are better places to be at like Hamilton, as well as Lower and or Upper academy, but I like the 'arts' and I don't feel the need to transfer schools just to get into a great college, when arts is what I really would like to study. But all in all the schools are based on your opinion of it, what you make out of it, as well as what you see as good or bad. Also i grew up surrounded by it all and I know its not as bad as people make be. =]

Elizabeth High School 3

Posted September 17, 2009
I'm a student in Hamilton Academy and now a Junior. The only good touch about EHS are the academies, such as Upper, Lower and Hamilton. Those are the buildings that get you to want to go to college and make something for yourself. Many people I know that went to the academies got scholarships and went to prestigious colleges. Now for the other part of EHS, the main complex and Jefferson. Those are not the best houses to attend. The scent of drugs in the bathroom and gambling in the back of a classroom will not be warranted by a kid who wants to achieve. More fights then good grades are achieved in the main complex. If if were someone in middle school, I'd suggest getting your grades up, so you can go to the academies. Trust me, doing that will benefit you.

Elizabeth High School 5

Posted August 13, 2009

Elizabeth High School
447 Richmond St., Elizabeth, NJ  07202
Last modified Elizabeth High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top