Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2016
The faculty is immature, self-centered, and lacks the drive that makes a teacher great(not all, but 3/4). The secretary called my 7-8 year old stupid. Not the best environment for learning. When I brought it to the attention of the Principal, he basically that me to go talk to the wall. Now, my child goes to the Gifted and Talented School #31 and loves it. School #15 does just enough to get by. The City of Elizabeth is way over rated in education.

Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 09, 2016
There is way too much homework and projects handed out at the same time. It is as if the teachers do not communicate with each other. Coming from a family of Educators, this place deserves the 2/10 it gets.

Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2014
My daughter goes to this school since the first grade and now she is in the fifth. I think the problem has been the failure of the board picking the wrong principals now we have a new principal and vice principal , so I'm hoping this is a good match for the school. The teachers are wonderful and caring my daughter has enjoy her time in this school. The school does need to work getting the papers to the parents at least a week before and please get some that knows what they are doing in the award ceremony.

Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School 5

Posted March 08, 2014
My daughter attends this school and she loves it. She is in 2nd grade and the curriculum is advanced. My daughter is challenged everyday. The teachers are nice and my daughter hasn't been bullied.

Posted December 04, 2013
HMy daughter is in 8th grade and has been here seens 4th grade and she loves this school. Its helping her alot and her teachers are always on top of her to do well and i have to say i love this school.

Posted January 25, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten this year and this is her first year in this school. She loves being in this school and loves her teacher. There is alot of work for being in Kindergarten, but I personally think it's great. My daughter needs the challenge because she gets bored to easily. What I like the most is that her teacher keeps us informed on a daily basis on how she is doing and we also receive a monthly progress report. The only thing I don't like about this school is that we receive some information late. As fulltime working parents with 2 other children, we like to have advanced notice of anything going on, so we can make arrangements if needed.

Posted September 13, 2008
My daughter seems very content and so far has had a postive attitude at #15. She is going from private to public and so are about 11 of her friends this year. 5 are in this registered and and all 5 speak highly of their teachers, classmates, and work. So as of 9/12/08, everything seems great and I hope it remains the same throughout. thumbs up #15

Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2005
I think the kdg. curriculum is going way to fast. My child is 5yrs old and his kdg experience should be a happy one, but, it's not. He is stressed everyday because he is expected to read fluently when he just learned to read. He just learned to count to 100 and now is expected to count by 2's 5's and 10's. My child hates school already. I can't wait to get my child out of this school.

Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2004
We are not happy with some things in this school. The information that we receive either comes the day before or doesn't come at all. We are still waiting for our school calendar and first marking period is almost over. This is not the first time.

Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School
511 Third Ave, Elizabeth, NJ  07202
Last modified Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Number 15, Christopher Columbus Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top