Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Complaining about bullying is like talking to a deaf's ear. which includes the principle and the bullying coordinator.

Supports LD students: Disagree

The school is not doing enough to resolve the challenges , most students face on daily basis.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Most of the students are people of color and the principle doesn't really care about what her people does. Rude, impolite and very disrespectful students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Not enough homework. This school is a joke. they are very strict and don't let parents to visit the class environment which indicates the school is always in constant struggle to hide the horrible class situation.

My child was bullied by a student for almost 2 years and I reported to one of the Vice Principals. She assured me it would be handled and it wasn't taken care of. So the next school year towards the end my child was attack by the bully. I reported to the Principal Ms. Caroline and she showed no empathy nor sympathy and said my first complaint was never recorded. I then spoke to the office of the Superintendent Ms Olga Huglemyer and my complaints feel on deaf ears. I'm disappointed in the school which is majority made of people of color and bullying is not taken seriously. I have moved since then and I hope this review is read as a cautionary tale.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Huh, not enough, Home is a game for the school to trick the parents and show them that school is working hard with the children.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no honesty in this school. All the school management provide falsified information to the parents. They are always switching stories for their own gain.

This school has poor leadership. I have met with my daughter's teacher, principal, and assistant superindendant to discuss issues like; 4th grade class receives no homework and teacher refusing to provide me any update on my child's progress on a regular behavior. The princial scheduled a meeting to discuss these issues. When I arrived for the meeting she did not recall the purpose. Instead, she scheduled the meeting for a completely different topic. Our daughter's teach explained to us that she is busy with her school work in the evenings as she to attends school at Kean & she does not believe the kids will turn in homework assignments. The principal recommended transferring to another class to resolve the issue. In the new class, she was struck by another student. This happended because the new teacher did not escort kids during dismissal. If the principal does not care then why should the teachers. There's so much more to say but I will stop there. Poor leadership leads to poor academics. My child will no longer attend this school.

This school is absolutely horrible! My son attended this school. The principal is absolutely disrespectful and should not even be a principal. She is rude and has a terrible attitude. She does not care about students who have any kind of difficulties in school. The school is disorganized and ill-equipped to handle kids that have learning difficulties. The school psychologist is the ONLY person there who is good. He works hard to help families and do right by the students. Thankfully we were able to transfer our son to a better school Children cannot flourish there. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! Even if you have to homeschool or move to another place, DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD THERE!

This school suck the security guard are slow and some are mean the teachers are rude and the vice principal mrs valero is rude fix this school pronto

Last modified Number 23, N.M. Butler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.