PK-5 & Ungraded
Elmwood Park, NJ

Posted December 24, 2013
This is my daughter's first year in school She loves her teacher and is already reading and writing her own stories. She has been having a problem socializing and had an issue with another child but her teacher and other staff took care of her issue right away and are getting my child the help she needs. The teachers are very caring and knowledgeable. Other children in the neighborhood are happy to attend school.

Posted December 18, 2009
My daugter was from k to 5 grade there and she did great. All the staff is really professional and helpful. Very good school and atmosphire. My son is going there now since K and we still very happy

Posted December 16, 2008
Test Scores over the past three years are down, down, down, while spending on admin is up up up.

Posted October 02, 2008
I have two very intelligent children that go to Gilbert Avenue and the school has been able to meet the challenges that they need. I'm extremely proud of both of my children to accept the challenges that the school has to offer and surpass the schools expectations.

Posted September 07, 2008
I have two children that attend Gilbert Avenue School, and we love it ! The teachers and staff are wonderful! The school has been updated and looks great! The gym and cafeteria are beautiful! My children could not be happier, and I am extremely grateful!

Posted July 26, 2008
I have one daughter and one son attending gilbert and they simply love the school! gilbert got a new cafeteria, library,new classrooms,and so on. They are making much more space for the students. And the teachers and staff are wonderful.

Gilbert Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2008
As a parent i am not happy with this school. The average class size is about 30, way too many kids for one teacher. Every year the kids that come in are getting harder to control!

Posted October 19, 2007
As both a parent and a former student I am very sad with the condition of this school. The classes are overcrowded, there are students that do not even belong in this school, and nothing is being done about it in a timely fashion. Grades as early as first grade have bullies. The teachers are not at fault, they are doing thier very best with what they are given. They receive little if any help from the school itself.

Gilbert Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2006

Gilbert Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2005
- a former student
As a former student, I think back to all the fun, and opportunities I had at Gilbert Ave. A true neighborhood school, built to last, and hopefully still doing great work for years to come.

Gilbert Avenue Elementary School
151 Gilbert Avenue, Elmwood Park, NJ  07407
Last modified Gilbert Avenue Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gilbert Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top