Posted January 07, 2014
I am spurred to comment because of the review that the school only cares about how much money parents have. My children have been at Far Hills for over 5 years. Both my wife and I work full time and we work hard and make sacrifices to send our children to the school for the excellent education. We are NOT wealthy and have been welcomed into the school community. Additionally, the quality of the teachers far exceeds what we have experienced in other schools.

Far Hills Country Day School 1

Posted November 14, 2013
Far Hills Country Day School is only concerned with how much money parents have and not what the students are learning or how they are behaving. The academic program is disappointing to say the least. This school is so misdirected and has their priorities are way out of order.

Posted November 06, 2013
Far Hills is truly a gem of a school. The teachers are exceptional, secondary school placement is extremely impressive, and the facility is second to none. The approach at this school is all about balance; the balance between academics and character development and the balance between rigor and nurture. My daughter is in 5th grade and the academic workload is substantial, but at the same time, her teacher is available in the evenings via email for questions on homework. Other schools talk the talk. Far Hills walks the walk! If you are looking for the best school in the area, look no further than FHCDS!!!

Posted October 23, 2013
If you re reading this because you re new to the area like I was three years ago, or if you re just considering a change; you should visit Far Hills and see what you think. The kids, teachers, and families are nice and I always feel welcome. There s a sense of safety in that. We ve all made great friends and feel like it s a second home. Small classroom sizes means differentiated teaching . My 2nd grader goes to challenge math daily with the resident math PhD since he can handle it. Others who need extra support also get separate time with her. Teachers are always open to communication with me and have even called me at home just to say they re proud of my son! Plus, my boys love going to school! There are many great schools in the area, but FHCDS continues to be the right fit for us.

Posted October 18, 2013
Far Hills Country Day school is an exceptional combination of academic excellence and character and confidence building experiences for the students. My two kids are so different yet each has been challenged to achieve at a high level very successfully. The teachers are amazing, available and happy. I love the community. Parents are involved and dedicated to the best for their kids and support the school. The kids standout when you meet them. We are proud of the young people are friends interact with everyday.They are proud to be smart and involved in their school. It is an amazing place.

Posted August 22, 2013
We have been part of the FHCDS community for the past six years. Over the course of that time, we have watched our children thrive. Beyond academics and curriculum, which are top notch and in line with current pedagogical research, they have been given the gift of loving to learn. They are in their element at school and it is awe-inspiring to watch them - whether they are confidently presenting during community meeting, singing on stage or soaring to new heights on the ropes course - they are poised, engaged and agile learners. Their teachers appropriately challenge and encourage them to take risks in an environment where they know they are valued and supported. In the primary school years a huge emphasis is placed on finding the right school for your children because it is essentially an extension of home. Consequently, we are so happy that we have found FHCDS to share in our journey! We have a sincere appreciation for how the faculty and administrators always have our children's best interest at heart. They truly want them to succeed! We are so excited about the future and unique opportunities that lie ahead for our children at FHCDS. We could not recommend a finer school!

Far Hills Country Day School 1

Posted August 18, 2013
I have been a parent at Far Hills since my children were in pre-kindergarten. Over the years, the administration has grown increasingly out of touch - they don't seem to have any idea what really happens in the classroom, they have a beater-down faculty, dwindling enrollment, and a board hand-picked by the head. Bullying goes unaddressed it's a disaster. It use to be an average school that has gone drastically down hill. My child is beaten down. The climate at the school gets worse all the time. If you are considering Far Hills for your child, I recommend you look elsewhere! I know I am.

Far Hills Country Day School 4

Posted July 02, 2013
As a parent of an FHCDS student, I have seen my child grow both academically and socially/emotionally thanks to the support of a dedicated team of teachers and administrators. She continues to make us proud every day and we will certainly miss FHCDS but we will never forget the confidence and love of learning the school inspired in our daughter.

Posted July 02, 2013
This school is a WOW. My daughter has been at another local private school as well as the local public school - and the balance between academics and character development is something no other school offers. FHCDS develops a community for both the student AND the family that is respectful and safe. Students are encouraged to voice opinion as well as hear and consider the thoughts and ideas of others. Academic instruction is solid and age-appropriate. This isn't a school where only grades matter -- they are important, but so is honesty, kindness, responsibility and integrity -- which are pillars of the school and taught to students as young as PreK. Public speaking is a hallmark of an FHCDS education and students learn to speak in front of an audience in all grades. They are taught how to organize information for presentations, eye contact, effective delivery, how to use a microphone, speak at a podium, use power points, and as a result, become very comfortable in front of an audience -- a skill they will use all their lives! My daughter loves coming to school everyday (which hasn't been the case in other schools) -- and that is invaluable!

Posted July 02, 2013
I can not say enough wonderful things about FHCDS. My son just completed his first year at the school and it was a wonderful experience for him as a student, and us as a family. Just as he was embraced by the students in his class (many of whom had already been at the school for several years), my husband and I were welcomed warmly by teachers, administrators and other families. What we love most is the balance between academics and character development. Treating others with kindness and respect is emphasized in everything the students do. I continue to be impressed with the way older students are encouraged to mentor younger students and how the teachers take the time to really understand what each student is passionate about and how each student learns. Bravo to the faculty, staff and students for creating such a deeply-rooted culture of teaching, learning and caring.

Far Hills Country Day School
Po Box 8, Far Hills, NJ  07931
Last modified Far Hills Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Far Hills Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.