K-5 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Ardena Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2015
How obnoxious that the Aredena school PTA requires families to be paid members of the PTA to volunteer at the school. How about starting with volunteer background checks and tracking how many times certain parents are allowed in the school. Bias and unsafe.

Posted June 24, 2013
We have two kids in Ardena. This is a wonderful school. Principal, Dr. Pennell, runs the school very well. All of my kids' teachers are great too, and they truly care about the students. In recent years, I see that the school has begun to adopt a couple of teaching principles, including "Seven Habits" and "The Leader in Me". Rather than just being lip service, these programs are instilled into our kids' study habits and daily lives. As parents, we are also reinforcing them at home. I truly believe that they will help our kids to do well and strive for greatness in the long run.

Posted October 27, 2012
I've been working for Howell Township Schools for 12 years. During those 12 years I've worked in 7 of the districts 13 schools. Of all the schools I've worked at, Ardena School is by far the best! It is the best because the staff & administrative leadership truly care about the kids. Ardena staff members go above & beyond the call of duty, and their hard work shows. I only wish my kids went here!

Ardena Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2011
There have been many changes in this school over the past year. All for the worst! It was once a great school and family oriented. Unfortunately, the budget cuts made class sizes larger and 1/3 of the lower grades will need an interpetor in order to teach causing the majority of student to lack an education at all. I would choose a private school if you are districted to go here.

Posted October 28, 2010
It is the best. There is a caring staff of great educators. The children that come out of that school have a reputation of being great students as they move on to middle school -- from the respect that they carry for others to the way that they approach their school work.

Posted October 28, 2010
I love that Ardena teaches children about the importance of character in addition to academics. Our children need both to be successful.

Posted August 23, 2010
My son transferred from another school to Ardena. We were concerned about the transition; Dr Pennell personally gave my son and I a tour of the school while it was in session so he could see the other children. She asked him what he was thinking during the tour and addressed his questions;his mind was put at ease. The other teachers were all supportive to his adjustment and communicated with me regularly throughout the school year with his progress. He said he liked Ardena more than his other school. The children at Ardena look out for the "new" kids, show them around school. He was so pleased too when he was invited to sit at a lunch table with his classmates. He said it made him feel welcomed. My questions were welcomed always--and there were many. He had a wonderful 3 years at Ardena.

Posted May 05, 2010
I have two children in Ardena and love it. All the staff are warm and friendly, my daughters love the family atmosphere, and I am thrilled with the quality of education they are receiving.

Ardena Elementary School 1

Posted January 07, 2010
Teacher and Staff are rude, Principal doesn't care what the parents have to say

Posted November 27, 2004
Ardena school is wonderful! This is my son's first year at Ardena and within a few months has made great strides! All of the teachers and staff are available to talk with the parents and work with the students at any time. This school really cares!

355 Adelphia Road, Farmingdale, NJ  07727
Last modified Ardena Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ardena Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top