PK-8 & Ungraded
Franklin, NJ

Franklin Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2014
I have attended this school for 6 years and this school is terrible. The teachers are not professional . They barely give sky homeweok and there is always vandalism everywhere. The staff does nothing about the students and completely ignores there idea. They make kids miserable. All the students get bad test scores because they don't learn anything. There are no advanced classes for smarter students to take and food, teacher quality, and learning is horrendous.

Franklin Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2014
I dislike this school because they are racist is some ways and the food is sometimes not fully cooked. The boys bathroom always has inappropriate messages. I notice the teachers are always on their phone and computer doing what they want to do. If I can't go on my phone why can the teachers. I also notice some drinks that are non-water drinks. Once again unfair. This school needs to shape up. The most succesful thing about this school is.... NOTHING! Did you know a student was choked until his face was blue. Guess what his punishment was? NOTHING! Just because he has mental issues.

Posted January 04, 2014
We have attended Franklin Elementary for the past year & a half. The staff is wonderful, very little turnover. My son has blossomed in this school system, and I am so grateful.

Posted April 15, 2013
My children have attended Franklin School for 5 years and have learned a lot from their very qualified teachers. The teachers get the students interested in the subject matters, they give varied book reports, and in the early grades are very firm on students reading and recording their reading time every night. My children score well on tests and homework, and they are given more advanced reading and taught more advanced ways of solving problems so they stay interested. I believe the administration maintains good control over the students, and I have been in the school and watched the children walking quietly and orderly within their lines. During parent-teacher conferences, the teachers are very thorough and address any concerns you have about your child. My daughter is very inspired by the principal and feels honored to be allowed to have lunch with her and other students on occasion. I think both the teachers and administration are doing a great job!

Franklin Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
It provides a wonderful, balanced education. The teachers are marvelous. The staff is efficient and personable; a joy to work with. And the extra-curricular activities are an added bonus to an already fine experience.

Franklin Elementary School 4

Posted December 18, 2008
My child attended here in the 04 to 05 year for kindergarten. i was very happy with the education she recieved. as well as the teachers she had who took an intrest and were commited to teaching the students and they always answered my concerns when messages were left. overall i was pleased with franklin elementry. we have since moved, so she no longer attends there, dont let these reviews scare you. as with anything my motto is to focas on education and not worry about what others think. many have left negative comments on the staff or principals and i feel they are dedicated and trying hard to do there job, teaching our kids....

Posted October 26, 2007
Some of these reviews are written by disgruntled staff members who are no longer working at Immaculate Conception thank goodness. There can be nothing negative said by current employees who love their students and have dedicated their lives to teaching them. Two words people 'Terra Nova'! Please keep in mind that not only are our scores tremendous but our students are well rounded, morally and socially balanced and well educated. Parents both private and public from endless districts vie for seats at Pope John XXIII in Sparta, NJ and Immaculate's students not only aced the exam but were complimented by the principal of Pope John with a gift of a 'smart board' used by the eighth grade. Oh, one more thing.... playground??? Is this a major concern? I don't send my kids to Immaculate to play. Seriously now. What on earth does this have to do with quality education?

Posted February 26, 2006
The overall quality of this school is great! Academic Programs are first rate! This school offers a spectacular music program with 2 very devoted and caring music teachers, home economics, art, etc. Parents are very involved!

Posted February 03, 2006
- a former student

Franklin Elementary School 3

Posted January 06, 2006
- a former student
The Franklin school system is top heavy with administration.With 3 highly qualified,well paid administrators in a system with a population of about 600 kids,you'd expect better test reults from the students and much higher morale within the staff.

Franklin Elementary School
50 Washington Avenue, Franklin, NJ  07416
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top