PK-5 & Ungraded
Freehold, NJ

Posted April 13, 2014
The staff is like a welcoming family. Everyone knows my child's name and is quick to assist whenever needed. My daughter's teacher and two class aides are amazing... The curriculum is designed to enhance learning based on every child's specific needs. We could not ve happier with our experiences with the ECLC.

Posted March 14, 2014
Pulling child out of this school. First, the school is "open learning" aka, no walls. So your child is expected to learn in a huge room with the other 500 children. Second, Funding, funding, lots of funding .... yet no resources available to help your child if various issues arise. Some of the teachers have very little/no patience. Most of them will advise they minor in child psychology, but they never use it. Finally, took me 3 months of complaining to get a report card in English.

Posted September 22, 2013
RED FLAG! As of the start of the 2013-2014 school year, ALL the Principals AND the Super Attendant in this district have been replaced. Can anyone explain?

Posted May 13, 2011
My child has been in this school for kindergarten and 1st grade, and our experience has been excellent. Some of the previous posters are way too focused on test scores. My daughter is advanced for her age, so I was initially concerned that the school wouldn't be challenging enough for her. I was wrong. Both of her teachers recognized her talents and individualized instruction. This isn't a cookie cutter school. Kids get personalized attention. There are many obstacles and struggles that these caring teachers must deal with, I"m sure. But if you are you child's advocate and trust these experienced, well-educated professionals, your child will receive a great education. I know of many school district where there are excellent scores, but there are students who are lost in the shuffle with little care. That isn't the case here. The principal called me personally about a small concern about parking--Who does that nowadays? I would want to know about students' experiences when giving low rankings, not a regurgitation of test scores and statistics.

Posted March 29, 2011
I just pulled my 2nd grader from this district. All three schools continue to fail AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress). The district s failure to achieve AYP over the last several years may result in serious sanctions and actions placed upon and taken against this school district. This district has the 12th largest percentage of English Limited Language skills (ELL) out of all districts in the state, and it has the 33rd largest percentage of economically disadvantaged students out of all districts. The teachers are inexperience; the administrators are more interested in pensions rather then the parental and student needs. Classes are overcrowded, textbooks are outdated as well as in short supply. This is one of the most under funded districts in the state, with an exponentially growing economically disadvantaged group (defined as students who receive free or reduced price lunches), jumping from 51 percent to 71 percent (of total enrollment) in three years. If you value a quality education for your child, keep looking.

Posted October 28, 2010
Both of my daughters go to this school. Do not believe what you read on the school report cards - the teachers are caring and nurturing, the principal and support staff go out of their way to take care of the children. The teachers are trained all year round to keep up with changing curriculums in order to challenge our children. The program is excellent, the sense of community is very strong - my children love this school and are getting an excellent education!

Posted December 28, 2009

Freehold Learning Center Elementary School 0

Posted December 14, 2009
My children and I have had wonderful experiences with the FLC. The teachers are not only skilled in the teaching of their subjects, but caring and involved as well. Any concerns I have had have always been addressed and suggestions were always well received.

Posted December 13, 2009
This is a great elementary school. Our three kids went to this school. They loved it, and were well-prepared for high school. Two have graduated college and the third will be graduating in a few years.

Posted May 21, 2009

Freehold Learning Center Elementary School
30 Dutch Lane, Freehold, NJ  07728
Last modified Freehold Learning Center Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freehold Learning Center Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top