K-5 & Ungraded
Freehold, NJ

West Freehold Elementary School 3

Posted February 17, 2013
Great teachers, tough as nails but they have a very structured way of teaching. I wish this school was more traditional. For Valentine's Day the children were NOT allowed to bring in lollipops or any other sweet. Same thing goes for the children's birthdays. Why not let my child enjoy elementary school like we did! There are no school trips and the students get 5 minutes to eat a snack, and minimal time with recess. These are children....give them some leniency, after all they are 8 and 9 year olds.

West Freehold Elementary School 2

Posted September 07, 2012
Great teachers, but the principal is a politician. He will tell you what you want to hear. He will grant a request for you(teacher) only and only if you are in a position to help him and the school out. Nice facility but need more activities for the kids and the ones they have seem to be more for the K-1-2 grades. Not much for older kids, especially the assemblies.

Posted October 03, 2009
We moved here in the US in 2006 and my son started Kindergarten in WFS. We were very anxious considering that he came from another country and is new to the school, the culture and the system. But we were so impressed with the way the staff and teachers facilitated the transition for my son. They were very supportive and helpful and made sure that my son was comfortable. And we are proud to say that my son is doing very well academically and socially. - Tony & Vanessa, parents

Posted February 21, 2008

Posted February 08, 2008
As our daughter gets ready to graduate 5th grade soon, we will always remember the kind caring ways of the teachers and staff. They go the extra mile to make sure that every child is educated well beyond expectations. This school in my opinion is the best elementary school in Freehold, Twp.

Posted August 26, 2007

Posted February 26, 2007
Our daughter started kindergarten this year. We were very impressed with the orientation. The kindergarten curriculum is top notch, the Principal, teachers and overall environment is better than we could have hoped for. We also have a 2 year old son and look forward to him attending the West Freehold School in the future as well.

Posted August 28, 2005
This is a new school that opened in Fall 2004. The classrooms and common space are wonderful. I didn't know that the architechural layout and design could make such a huge difference as compared to some older schools. From the first moment that one enters the school it's obvious that this is a high performance school. Teachers and Staff including Principal are absolutely top notch. Teachers are very highly skilled and really strive to bring out the best in all students. This is not as large a school as others in the area so more individual attention is available to each student to encourage and help them to excell. Activities available to the students are excellent. Very active PTO with good involvement from parents and teachers. Everyone is so very proud of this new school and want to continue to keep it as one of the best around.

Posted September 22, 2004
I love this school. The principal, assistant principal, the guidance counselor and the treachers are great !! they really take care of the children, and go way beyond what is expected of them with the children! they seem to really care about the children a lot!! i love this school and so does my child!

West Freehold Elementary School
100 Castronova Way, Freehold, NJ  07728
Last modified West Freehold Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Freehold Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top