Bad
Good

The new principal Ann Taylor is extremely rude. I was at work and unfortunately did not know it was a half a day because we never received my notice home. Either because my daughter was sick for two days last week or maybe she just left that folder at school. The new principal proceeded to take parents in her office one by one to scold us. She said it was NEGLECT. How dare you ever call us neglectful parents. It was an honest mistake because obviously your website has been "under maintenance " for over a week and the district website doesnt say it is a half a day.Our 6 year old didnt take the notice home or never received it. I have heard other complaints about how rude she is from other parents and today november 2, 2015 WE RECEIVED OUR SHARE. YOU DONT GET RESPECT WHERE YOU DONT GIVE IT, THIS PRINCIPAL SHOULD LEARN HOW TO TALK TO PEOPLE.

Great school! It made all the difference in the world for my first grader. You can't go wrong with Mrs. Koch. She is truly dedicated and knows how to teach!!

The principal is great. The day I realized this was the day some kids vandalized our home off hours. We figured out who it was & he addressed the problem personally. He seemed to truly care whether the kids were behaving off or on his watch. My child's kindergarten teacher was just awful. She had absolutely no patience and seemed completely lost with her class. She would release them from class & look like she was torn apart. On Field Day I went to assist. Her troubled kids were not aloud to participate due to acting out regularly. While my child was enjoying herself I took the time to work with one child doing his work. By the end she came up, grabbed the work from him, let him play & not once even talked to him about the punishment, let alone acknowledge that I volunteered my time working with this boy. She is up for tenure this year & I really hope the principal has second thoughts. I put my house up for sale feeling every teacher was going to be like her. It is unfortunate too, because her 1st grade teacher is tough but fair. There is a big difference between the preschool & the grammar schools here. I nothing but great things to say about our experience at the preschool.

I also give this school a 'thumbs Up'. My daughter has been going to school 8 for a couple of years (since 2nd grade), and what I really like is the dedicated teachers. Its good to know, that I can easily e-mail a teacher, and I will get a quick response. Also, I was there about a week ago ( my daughter was sick), and I was speaking to the principal...very 'down to earth' extremly nice. There is just one thing I would like changed..the school hours. Instead of school beginning at 8:35, why not earlier?? Those extra 15-20 minutes, makes a whole a-lot of difference, when a parent is dropping off kids at school, ( especially the little ones) and have to be at work before 8:30.

I love that the teachers are caring and my child loves to go to school every single day. I am amazed at how much she has learned in Kindergarten. It is a very special community learning establishment that has been around for many, many years.

I Love the Teachers that my daughter has in Kindergartner- Trailer Mrs. Grouse and Ms. Rosa Conte. My Little one was a student of the month in September. She is excited when she wakes up to go to school, I am very happy as a mother and parent that my daughter has the nicest teachers and she learners a lot because she comes home and she wants to do more work. Thank you very much for putting so much effort in the students. Thank you, Adisa Feratovic/Nikocevic Elsina Nikocevic's mom

Last modified Columbus School No 8 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.